Happy Weekend and welcome to the Saturday Spotlight! Are you hosting Thanksgiving this year? After last year’s intimate family dinner, we’re back to our big extended family celebration this year. Hooray! In preparation, I’ve started purchasing my non-perishables already…because who knows what the stores will run out of next! So, if you’re looking for decor and entertaining tips, join me today as I share a bunch of Thanksgiving planning ideas to inspire you!
*For your convenience, please note that this post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking my links below, I will receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you).
Thanksgiving Planning Ideas:
While you still have time to prepare for Thanksgiving, be sure to read my 7 Great Ways to Prepare for Holiday Guests! Not only will I give you some valuable tips, but hopefully a few laughs as well!
Thanksgiving Planning Ideas – Table Setting Inspiration:
If you’re at a loss for how to set your table this year, check out all the details on my Thanksgiving table with warm fall colors…
Now that we’re all finally starting to invite guests back to our homes, why not make your table extra festive?
If you’re not into a lot of color, take a look at my Neutral Thanksgiving Table Setting for some ideas!
When reading that blog post, you’ll see how easy it can be to use a patterned tablecloth as inspiration!
Thanksgiving Planning Ideas – A Family Recipe:
If your family is anything like mine, they expect those traditional family recipes! Though, if you’re looking for some new ones this year, give our Aunt Lillian’s “Famous” Cornbread a try! It’s a huge hit with our crew!
Thanksgiving Leftover Idea:
Once Thanksgiving is over, you’ll probably be heating up your leftovers for a few days. Have you thought about all those extra ingredients you didn’t end up using? If you’re like me, you probably bought too many bags of fresh cranberries because they were on sale! Why not put them to use?! So, be sure to check out my tips on What to Do with Leftover Cranberries!
Thanksgiving Hostess Gift Ideas:
And if you’re spending Thanksgiving Day at someone else’s house, don’t forget to bring a hostess gift! Here are some practical and creative hostess gift ideas!
Yes, I guarantee, that some of these will be unexpected…yet surprisingly practical!
Thanksgiving Shopping Finds for the Home:
If you want to savor the Thanksgiving holiday before you skip right into a Christmas decorating frenzy, here are some shopping finds:
Update your stock of white dinner napkins this Thanksgiving…
Show off your Thanksgiving turkey on this festive turkey platter!
And for even more Thanksgiving planning ideas, here are some finds from around the internet:
- Lots of ideas to decorate for Thanksgiving!
- Add to your Thanksgiving table decor with these pretty – and free place cards!
- Get creative with these Thanksgiving DIY projects!
- Decorate for Thanksgiving with ideas from this beautiful tiered tray!
- Be inspired by this gorgeous fall mantel!
- Keep it easy with this 6 ingredient pumpkin pie recipe!
Hopefully, some of these Thanksgiving ideas will inspire you. As a reminder, November 15th is “Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day” so you could always use that as motivation to get prepared for Turkey Day! Lol…
- If you missed last week’s Saturday Spotlight, you can see it here – Halloween Decorating Ideas – Indoor and Out.
- Also, make sure you stop back on Tuesday, November 9th to see how I’m decorating my bar cart for Thanksgiving! *Update – my Thanksgiving Bar Cart is now on the blog!
- If you’re planning your dining table decorations, check out my 5 Simple Thanksgiving Centerpiece Ideas!
- And if you can’t decide whether to decorate for Thanksgiving or skip right to Christmas, here are some ideas for both!
Follow along so you don’t miss a post!
Subscribe by email – HERE