Happy first weekend of fall…and welcome to the Saturday Spotlight! All of a sudden the days are cool and crisp and the nights are chilly! Yay! As much as I love summer, I’m thrilled to sleep with the windows open again. Yes, I’m suddenly remembering how much I love this cozy time of year. Hopefully, you’re enjoying the beginning of autumn as much as I am. Today, I’m sharing a bunch of fall ideas and finds to get you in the mood for the new season!
*For your convenience, please note that this post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking my links below, I will receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you).
First Weekend of Fall (Cozy Decor and more)…
Creative Idea for the First Weekend of Fall:
An easy fall craft…
What better way to begin the fall season than with some buffalo checks?! If you’re looking for an easy fall craft, follow these instructions on How to Paint a Buffalo Plaid Pumpkin.
After all, one can never have enough pumpkins in the fall! To see how I decorated with these pumpkins, be sure to check out my Buffalo Check Mantel Decor!
Speaking of Pumpkins, here’s another idea for you…
Table Setting for the First Week of Fall:
Decorate your dining table with white pumpkins…
If you’re like me, you never get tired of decorating with white pumpkins!
For this table, I kept the color palette mostly neutral but with a few touches of blue. In my home, I decorate with blue all year! For more inspiration, be sure to check out my ideas for decorating with blue in the fall!
And if you can’t get enough white pumpkins, here are a few more ideas!
Decorating Ideas for the First Week of Fall:
If you don’t know where to begin, start with a few fall vignettes…
Recently, I shared my fall coffee table ideas which included tips and some shopping finds.
You’ll find even more ideas on my fall home tour:
This year, I carried neutrals and navy blue throughout my home. If you missed my tour, read: Simple Fall Aesthetic (Ideas to Decorate Your Home).
And yes, I used one of my painted pumpkins…which was even easier to paint than the buffalo plaid one!
Fall Shopping Finds:
Even though nature provides us with plenty of fall decor, sometimes you need to head to the store!
For some variety, mix in a few textured pumpkins with your real pumpkins…
In my house, it’s not fall until I’ve made a batch of spiced pumpkin quick bread and every year I buy this one!
For fall, you can’t get much cozier than a cable knit pillow such as one of these!
And for even more ways to celebrate the first weekend of fall, here are a few ideas from around the internet:
- Celebrate the fall season with one of the 29 Best Fall Festivals Across America.
- If you’re someone who embraces all things fall, you must see this hilarious video!
- Get creative this first weekend of fall and make a fall inspired kraft paper sign.
- It’s amazing how real these chalk painted pumpkins look!
- There’s nothing like fall in New England and these beautiful water colors capture the season!
- For the pumpkin beverage fans, check out these 15 pumpkin cocktails and drinks recipes!
Hopefully, some of these ideas will inspire you on this first weekend of fall!
- For another fall themed Saturday Spotlight, read – Let’s Get Ready For Fall!
- As we continue on into the fall season, let’s say hello to October!
- And my latest fall blog post – Goodbye September, Hello October!
How are you spending this first weekend of fall?
Follow along so you don’t miss a post!
Subscribe by email – HERE