After the holidays, finding winter decorating inspiration can be difficult. If you’re like me, you enjoy that blank-slate period at the beginning of the year but also have a need to accessorize just a little.
This week, I decided to embrace the winter season and add some seasonal items to my kitchen.
If you are looking for some simple winter decorating inspiration for your home, maybe these ideas will help you…
Add seasonal items to a tray…
Using trays to group items is an easy way to create a winter vignette. Most people have plenty of pine cones and candles, so I say – bring them out and display them!
Decorate for winter with whites and neutral colors…
Take a break from all the vibrant Christmas colors and use calm colors for winter. As always, a touch of greenery looks pretty.
Add some wood and textures to your winter decor…
Warm woods definitely keep things feeling cozy in the winter months. Once again, you can’t go wrong with a pine cone or two.
Touches of black work well in the winter…or any season…
And a bottle of wine or two doesn’t hurt either!
After a long day, it’s nice to sit by the fire with glass of wine…definitely one of the pleasures of winter!
Continue the winter decorating with a table setting to match…
Keep things simple.
Once again, a pine cone on a table setting adds an easy winter touch.
Add some coziness…
I used a fluffy winter scarf in my centerpiece…and once again pine cones and candles.
Basically, anything that makes your home feel warm and cozy will work with winter decorating!
Add some comfort…
Then you can cozy up your chairs with some throw pillows. Will I ever get tired of buffalo checks? I don’t think so…
Now, if only the sun would continue to shine for a few consecutive days! Is it just me or have we had the strangest winter weather this year? From crazy storms to cold to mild…no wonder it’s hard to decorate (and dress) for winter!
Hopefully, I provided you with some helpful winter decorating ideas you can use in your home!
If you are still looking for more winter decorating inspiration, here is another winter table setting from a few years back or read these winter decorating touches. Also, I just added some ideas to transition your decor from Christmas to winter. Stay warm!
Winter Decorating Sources:
I have provided sources below for your convenience. Please note that this post contains some affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking my links (at no additional cost to you).
- Round wood tray – my exact one.
- Wood and metal serving stand – my exact one.
- Faux Greenery – Homegoods
- Placemats – (Homegoods) but these similar vinyl place mats come in several colors.
- China – (Royal Doulton-Provence Noir – discontinued) although a simple black and white china would be pretty too.
- Rattan Chargers – Pier One Imports but these rattan chargers are very similar.
- Stainless flatware – Caesna Mirror Flatware
- Black and White Buffalo Check pillows – these black and white pillow covers are the exact ones I have and they come in several colors and sizes.
- Centerpiece candle holder – (discontinued Willow House)
- Glass and iron wine tray – (discontinued Willow House)
- Table and chairs – Ethan Allen
How are you decorating your home this winter?
I’d love for you to follow along so you don’t miss a post!
Follow by email – HERE