Happy weekend and welcome to the Saturday Spotlight! Well, August has arrived which means the end of the summer season isn’t far away. If you’re like me, you have mixed feelings about this time of year. Even though I love fall, my heart breaks a little when we have to say goodbye to warm weather and long days. Why does summer have to go so fast? So, if you want to savor summer a little longer, here are some easy end of summer decorating ideas that will take you into early fall.
*For your convenience, please note that this post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking my links below, I will receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you).
Easy End of Summer Decorating Ideas:
Decorate your coffee table with natural elements…
In my living room, I usually keep a basket of shells on the coffee table during in the summer months. To me, decorating with simple touches of coastal accessories is the best way to celebrate summer…without going too crazy. Once the fall season arrives, I usually swap out the shells for a basket of pine cones.
In late August, we start to get some cooler mornings and evenings. So every time we get a breezy summer day, I throw open the windows! For even more ways to decorate in the late summer – early fall, read: How to Transition your Decor from Summer to Fall.
Pull out your mason jar collection and fill them with sunflowers!
Since the first Saturday in August is National Sunflower Day, it’s the perfect time to decorate with them! With their vibrant color, they really brighten up a room…or window sill!
- To see even more ways to decorate with sunflowers, read – Decorating with Sunflowers in the Fall – 7 Easy Ways.
- If you’re looking for more creative ideas for your kitchen window sill, read – Easy Kitchen Window Sill Decorating Ideas for Every Season.
Create summer flower vignettes around your home…
Probably the most popular summer flower is the hydrangea! Here in New Jersey, hydrangeas are in full bloom from August through September. Right now, my backyard bushes are bursting with them! Each year, I cut a bunch and create bouquets for each of my living spaces.
- To see how I’ve displayed them around my house, see: Early Fall Decorating Ideas (Simple Vignettes with Flowers).
- If those ideas aren’t enough to inspire you, read my easy ways to decorate with hydrangeas.
Then again, if you don’t grow hydrangeas where you live, your local grocery store can be a great place to find some. Besides hydrangeas, other flowers that bloom in late summer are zinnias, dahlias and gerber daisies. Why not brighten up your home with some fresh flowers this season!
Visit home stores for early fall inspiration:
Each year, I look forward to all the late summer – early fall decor ideas at Pottery Barn! Recently, I stopped by one of their stores and fell in love with the timeless look of their neutral color palette…
Since I never jumped on the gray trend in my home, I was thrilled to see more whites, tans and neutrals in the store!
End of Summer Shopping Finds:
Speaking of Pottery Barn, how perfect is this embroidered throw pillow for late summer/early fall?
Behind the embroidered pillow is this suede pillow next to this basketweave suede pillow and the ivory pillow in the back is on clearance. Like I mentioned above, I’m seeing more and more warm colors and less gray this season!
Since you can’t go wrong with natural materials when decorating in the late summer, this woven tray is a great find!
Whether you’re entertaining outdoors or creating a pretty summer vignette for your table, you could always use a tray!
If you’re like me, you can never have enough white pitchers!
When decorating in the late summer, I love displaying my white pitchers and white accessories. Generally, I use my white pitchers for fresh flowers in the summer and then fill them with wheat bundles in the fall.
*Also, be sure to visit My Amazon Store where I frequently update all my favorite shopping finds!
For even more end of summer decorating ideas, here are some great finds from around the internet.
- If you’re looking for mid to late summer mantel ideas, this one with sunflowers is beautiful!
- Get creative this August with this easy DIY lampshade project!
- For more ideas to decorate for late summer, read these late summer decor changes.
- For a late summer cocktail, this rum punch looks delicious! Cheers!
Hopefully, I’ve given you some ideas to savor the last days of summer as we head into the fall season!
While you’re in the end of summer/beginning of fall mood, don’t miss these blog posts:
- For easy ideas to go from summer to fall in your home, read It’s Almost Fall!
- If you plan to entertain in your dining room soon, read How to Welcome Fall – Casual Table Setting Ideas.
- For neutral color scheme ideas for fall, see how I decorated last year.
- If you’re already thinking ahead to the holidays, read Christmas in July for some ideas!
How do you decorate at the end of summer?
Follow along so you don’t miss a post!
Subscribe by email – HERE