Happy weekend and welcome to the Saturday Spotlight! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your loved ones! As soon as we finished cleaning up from our dinner, I began packing away the fall decor and hauling out all those Christmas bins! No shopping for us this weekend! Instead, we’re at home decorating for Christmas…and today I’m sharing some ideas and inspiration for you!
*For your convenience, please note that this post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking my links below, I will receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you).
For most of us, a good place to start your Christmas decorating is the front entrance…
Door Decorating for Christmas:
Even though I’ve only gotten as far as hanging a wreath this year, here are some of my past ideas for decorating our home exterior – Holiday Decor for the Door and Porch…
That year, I hung some large silver bells on my wreath. This year, those little gold bells have become very popular. Maybe I’ll incorporate a few somewhere…
For a few more outdoor Christmas decorating ideas, pop over to this Christmas house tour.
Colorful Ideas to Decorate Your Home for Christmas:
Classic red decorating ideas…
If you regularly read my blog, you know that I love decorating with festive colors at Christmas! If you’d like to see some of those ideas, check out this blog post – Red and White Christmas Decor Ideas.
After all, you can’t go wrong with red when decorating your home for Christmas!
Although, navy is a close second in my home…
If you have a collection of blue and white china, bring it out and use it to decorate for Christmas! You don’t need to go out and buy Christmas-specific dishes. Just dress up the ones you have like I did for this Christmas table setting!
Shopping Ideas for Your Home:
After all, at some point, you’ll need a break from decorating!
Since those decorative bells are so popular this year, I’m mentioning them…but I can’t guarantee they won’t be sold out!
And here’s a set of small rustic ones…
If you love plaid like I do, these gorgeous plaid stockings are perfect!
And for even more home decorating ideas for Christmas, here are some finds from around the internet:
After reading these, you’ll surely be inspired!
- For beautiful holiday decorating ideas, take a tour of this retail store!
- Gorgeous red inspiration on this holiday house tour!
- For tons of holiday decorating ideas, visit these blogger home tours!
- This Christmas, get creative with these DIY grain sack ornaments!
- Welcome guests to your home with these pretty Christmas cocktails! Cheers!
If you haven’t finished decorating your home for Christmas, hopefully some of these ideas will motivate you!
- To get you in the holiday mood, I shared some of our favorite Simple Holiday Traditions.
- For more holiday decorating ideas, here are ways to decorate with poinsettias!
- Also, be sure to mark your calendar for the week of December 6th. That week, I’m honored to be joining Marty from A Stroll Thru Life for her annual Christmas Home Tours! If you want to see the homes from last year’s tour, go visit her blog! * Update – The 2021 Christmas Tour is on the blog!
Follow along so you don’t miss a post!
Subscribe by email – HERE