Hello friends! Welcome to the Saturday Spotlight, where each week, I like to highlight a different theme or topic to inspire you. Now that Christmas and New Year’s Eve are days away, many of us are scrambling to get everything done…especially if we’re expecting guests! So, if you’re looking for holiday entertaining tips, today I’m sharing some excellent ideas for decorating, hosting and preparing your home for company!
*For your convenience, please note that this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking my links below, I will receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you).
Holiday Entertaining Tips – Decorate for Guests:
Obviously, if you’re hosting any holiday get together, you’ll want to decorate the rooms where your guests will be gathering. Since you’ll probably be serving dinner or some kind of holiday meal in your dining room, bring out the festive decorations! This week, I shared how I decorated my dining room for Christmas. See if there are any ideas you can use this holiday season.
Recently, I also shared my kitchen and family room, so check out that tour as well! After all, most guests linger in the kitchen, don’t they?
Holiday Entertaining Tips – Prepare Your Home for Guests:
Whether you’re expecting guests for dinner or overnight, here are 7 ways to prepare for their arrival.
Isn’t it funny how we seem to get the most done when we’re expecting guests? Seriously, it’s the best way to check off some items from your to-do list!
Easy Holiday Entertaining Tips – Make Ahead Recipe:
For casual and stress-free holiday entertaining, offer your guests comfort food that you can make ahead of time. For instance, our family’s recipe for “Best Ever Chili” is always a hit! Maybe, it will become a favorite in your home too!
Shopping Ideas Focused on Holiday Entertaining:
This time of year, you can’t go wrong with buying cookbooks for entertaining!
Though, if you buy a book about charcuterie boards, I guess you’ll probably need a board! This long cheese board is perfect for holiday entertaining!
For all those holiday cocktail parties, it would be fun to serve drinks from a festive bar cart! So, get ready to whip up your latest specialty cocktail from this pretty gold bar cart!
For even more holiday entertaining tips, here are some fun finds from around the internet:
- If you’re thinking of throwing a wine tasting party, these are excellent tips!
- Get the party started with these festive Christmas appetizers!
- Hosting a Christmas brunch? Here are some cozy ideas!
- Or, if a dinner party is more your style, these Christmas dinner recipes look delicious!
- Make your own party favors from this creative list of ideas!
- When hosting a cookie swap, it would be so helpful to have these cookie exchange printables!
- If you’re planning a cocktail party, this martini looks so festive and delicious! Cheers to the holiday party season!
Hopefully, I’ve inspired you with plenty of ways to get you and your home in the holiday spirit!
- If you missed the last Saturday Spotlight, here’s that blog post – Very Merry Mid December.
What are your favorite holiday entertaining tips?
Follow along so you don’t miss a post!
Subscribe by email – HERE