Hello friends! Welcome to the Saturday Spotlight, where each week, I like to highlight a different theme or topic to inspire you. Now that it’s the holiday season, I’ll be sharing all kinds of Christmas ideas for you! Yes, I know that some of you are way ahead of me but I had to get through Thanksgiving first! Today, I’m sharing ways to enjoy the holiday season with some ideas for shopping, decorating and celebrating!
*For your convenience, please note that this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking my links below, I will receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you).
Decorating to Enjoy the Holiday Season:
Just like every year, I spend the weekend after Thanksgiving decorating for Christmas! Later this week, I’ll be sharing some of those decorations on the blog. *Update – here are my latest kitchen decorations.) In the meantime, here are some holiday decorating ideas from previous years…
If you want to keep it simple this holiday season, here are 7 Simple Ways to Decorate with Ornaments.
While we’re looking back at previous holiday seasons, here are some ways I’ve decorated with red at Christmas time.
If you like decorating with traditional Christmas colors, I think you’ll enjoy this Christmas house tour from a few years ago.
Christmas Shopping Finds:
Since I’m a bit behind with creating holiday gift guides, I’ll just share a few random things I’m liking this holiday season…
This year, I have fallen in love with this beautiful bedding!
Don’t you think it’s gorgeous? Yes, I’ve mentioned it to my husband for Christmas but now I think I want it before Christmas so I can enjoy it right away… Not only is it perfect for the holiday season but it would look great all winter too!
If you love more color, this duvet cover is another beauty! (and is on sale now!)
For storage, you can’t go wrong with these classic seagrass baskets!
Instead of wrapping a gift this holiday season, fill up one of these baskets with a bunch of goodies and tie a bow around it. Plus, everyone could use a pretty basket. In my kitchen, I organize my cloth napkins in these baskets. Recently, I also bought a bunch for my office bookshelf. Stay tuned to see how I decorated with those.
If you’re looking for a subtle cologne to give as a gift, this has been my favorite in recent years!
How adorable is this Christmas tree cookie platter?
Now I’m wishing I was invited to a cookie exchange party so I could show up with this! If you like the cookie platter, be sure to check out all the items in this “Christmas in the Country” line!
For even more ways to have a great holiday season, here are some finds from around the internet:
- Be inspired by color and creative Christmas ideas on this gorgeous house tour!
- If you’d like to make a holiday season bucket list, this is a nice, relaxing version!
- Get creative this holiday season and make your own wood pallet tree collar!
- Read some wonderful holiday season reflections from this inspiring Instagram account!
- If you’re looking for meaningful holiday season quotes, these might inspire you!
- No surprise, it’s soup season…so here are 25 winter soup recipes to enjoy!
Hopefully, I’ve inspired you with plenty of ideas to enjoy the holiday season!
- If you missed the last Saturday Spotlight, here you go – Planning for the Holidays Tips.
- While I have you in the decorating mood, here are some ways to decorate with wreaths!
- And if you want to create a Christmas coffee bar in your kitchen, here are some great ideas!
- If you’re looking for more ideas on how to enjoy the holiday season, read about some of our holiday traditions!
How are you planning to celebrate the holiday season?
Follow along so you don’t miss a post!
Subscribe by email – HERE
Sharing with these blogs:
Eclectic Red Barn – Happiness is Homemade, Life and Linda – Love Your Creativity, The House on Silverado – Sundays on Silverado, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia – Inspire Me Monday, A Stroll Thru Life – Inspire Me Tuesday, Common Ground / Follow the Yellow Brick Home – All About Home, Eclectic Red Barn – Wonderful Wednesday, My Wee Abode – Tuesday Turn About, Imparting Grace – Grace at Home, Eclectic Red Barn – Thursday Favorite Things, Our Tiny Nest – Wednesday Link Party, Karin’ Kottage Link Party, Vintage Home Designs – Fabulous Friday, County Road 407 – Farmhouse Friday