A Patriotic Tablescape on the Patio – Celebrate America!

Welcome friends!  Now that summer is here, the 4th of July is just around the corner.  If you are looking for patriotic decorating ideas, you have come to the right place!  Today, I’m sharing my patriotic tablescape on the patio and I’m also joining a group of talented bloggers for a Patriotic Tablescape Blog Hop!

Patriotic Tablescape on the Patio…

Patriotic Place Setting on patio table

Before I go into detail about my table, I want to thank Chloe of Celebrate and Decorate and Andrea from Design Morsels for hosting this festive patriotic blog hop.  Their beautiful tables are the first two stops on the tour so swing by to check them out.  Please also be sure to visit the links at the end of this post to see all the gorgeous patriotic tablescapes from 21 bloggers!

If you are just arriving from White Arrows Home – Welcome!  Kristin has also decorated an outdoor table and I am sure you loved what she created.  I am always in awe of her decorating!

Now, let’s continue with the details of my patriotic tablescape…

*Please note that this post contains affiliate links.  If you make a purchase after clicking my links below, I will receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you).

Stars and stripes patriotic tablescape on the patio

For my patriotic tablescape, I chose to decorate my patio table.  After all, we’ve been spending so much time dining outdoors these days.  Plus, if we do entertain, we’ll be definitely be doing it outside.

Red White and Blue:

As you can see, I brought out all the red, white and blue to make my patio tablescape as festive as possible.  I also mixed in some natural textures like the seagrass chargers and burlap in the centerpiece to keep it interesting.

Red white and blue flag themed patriotic tablescape on the patio

Stars and Stripes for a Patriotic Tablescape:

Using the flags as inspiration, I repeated the stripes in the napkins and placemats.  I also repeated the stars with the red melamine plates on each setting.  Then I stenciled navy stars on burlap for the centerpiece and scattered white stars around the perimeter.  (Recently, I made those white stars out of dough for my patriotic baseball themed table.)

Funny story on the stenciled stars…Since I’ve been keeping my trips to the store to a minimum, I tried to work with things I have in my home.  While looking for something that I could make into a stencil, I walked past my Keurig coffee machine and noticed that the metal drip tray has a star in the middle!  The star was the perfect size so I lifted off the tray, grabbed some navy craft paint and added the stars to each strip of burlap!  On a recent blog post, I shared this “craft” along with a couple other budget DIY ideas for the 4th of July.

Flags and stars on outdoor patio table - patriotic ideas for the 4th of July

Flowers from the Yard:

Like I said, I didn’t want to make an extra trip to the store, so I snipped some flowers from my yard for the centerpiece.  As you can see, my hydrangeas having only started blooming so the centerpiece isn’t as full as I’d like.  Let’s just imagine what it will look like with big fluffy hydrangeas!  Though, I guess I could have decorated with my artificial hydrangeas.  Hopefully, by the time the 4th of July gets here, my hydrangeas will be in full bloom so my centerpiece can be a little more substantial.

Patriotic centerpiece for outdoor dining table on the patio

Either way, I managed to somewhat disguise the umbrella pole in the middle of the table with this cluster of mason jar “vases”.  I always have the hardest time with centerpieces for my patio table…and since our backyard gets full sun, we have to use an umbrella.

Patriotic tablescape on the patio decorated for the 4th of July

Now, that my patriotic tablescape on the patio is complete, I guess we’re ready to celebrate the 4th of July!

I hope I’ve given you some patriotic decorating ideas for your outdoor table.  Enjoy all your alfresco dining and these lovely summer days!

Sources for a Patriotic Tablescape on the Patio:

Once again, thank you to Chloe from Celebrate and Decorate and Andrea from Design Morsels for hosting!  Your next stop on our tour is Panoply.  Be sure to pop over to see her beautiful table!

Please also visit the rest of the participants on the Patriotic Tablescape Blog Hop from the list below…

Patriotic tablescape blog hop

Will you be decorating a patriotic tablescape this summer?

PinterestInstagram / Facebook / Twitter

Pin this

Patriotic Tablescape on the patio - festive outdoor table setting...perfect for 4th of July or any patriotic holiday! #patriotic #redwhiteandblue

Joining these blogs –

Bluesky at Home – Tuesday Turnaround, My Life Abundant – Wonderful Wednesday, Pretty DIY Home – Waste Not WednesdayKarin’s Kottage – Centerpiece Wednesday, Shiplap and Shells – Charming Homes and Gardens, Chas Crazy Creations – To Grandmas House We Go, Between Naps on the Porch – Tablescape Thursday, Katherine’s Corner – Thursday Favorite Things, Imparting Grace – Grace at Home, Funtastic FridayPieced Pastimes – Saturday Sparks, Two Chicks and a Mom – Create Bake MakeFinding Silver Pennies – Silver Pennies Sunday, Ducks N a Row – Happiness is Homemade, Life and Linda – Love Your Creativity, Marilyn’s Treats – Over the Moon, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia – Inspire Me Monday, Common Ground – All About Home, Chic on a Shoestring – Flaunt it Friday, Grammys Grid – All Things Red White and Blue, The Dedicated House – Make It Pretty Monday

1. June 23, 2020 / 8:47 am

Shelley, I love your combination of red star plates with the navy grain sack stripe napkins, and your centerpiece is darling! It is a pleasure to be joining you for another hop. Pinned! Blessings, Cecilia @My Thrift Store Addiction

June 23, 2020 / 9:01 am

Thanks so much, Cecilia! I only wish my hydrangeas were in full bloom but I had to work with what I had! Great hopping with you again!

2. June 23, 2020 / 9:48 am

Shelley beautiful table, love those star dishes. I wish I could go to Home Goods, miss it, not safe enough for me yet.

I can’t believe the 4th is around the corner.

Cindy

June 23, 2020 / 10:06 am

Thanks Cindy! I’ve had those star dishes for years…but I’d love to shop at Homegoods again! I’m still keeping my trips out to a minimum. No need to take any chances these days. Hope you are well!

3. June 23, 2020 / 10:14 am

Shelley your table looks amazing. Love the patterns on the table. The little star plates to the place mats. It all looks wonderful together. Happy July 4th.

June 23, 2020 / 10:30 am

Thanks Terrie! We’re dining outside so much these days, I thought it made sense to decorate my patio table! Happy almost 4th!

4. Diane
    June 23, 2020 / 10:40 am

Your tablescape and pool area are pure summer vibes! The first thing I’m going to ask the surgeon on July 8 is——-how quickly will I be back in the pool! Very grateful that my biopsy results were negative but still need surgery. And COVID 19 numbers in TX are increasing every single day. Stay well, give Rosie a big hug and enjoy that pool🇺🇸!

June 23, 2020 / 10:51 am

Thanks Diane! So glad your biopsy was negative. I am sure you can’t wait to get back in your pool! I’ve heard the Covid numbers are going up in Texas. My niece lives in Austin but is supposed to have a backyard wedding here in NJ next month….not sure if we’re going yet. I can’t imagine being in a crowd of people yet. The NJ numbers are still going down but I am sure they will spike again since people are going out more…ugh. Stay well! Hugs from Rosie!

5. Rebecca Payne
    June 23, 2020 / 11:52 am

Very cute. I love the red star plates.

June 23, 2020 / 9:45 pm

Thanks Rebecca!

6. June 23, 2020 / 1:04 pm

What a lovely patio, perfect for al fresco dining! Those star plates are so cute, and too clever about your star stencil, the burlap ribbon jars are so perfect to create a centerpiece around the umbrella! Love the dough stars too, so creative Shelley!
    Jenna

June 23, 2020 / 9:46 pm

Thanks Jenna! We’ve been eating outdoors more than indoors these days…might as well make it festive. Glad you liked it!

7. Chloe Crabtree
    June 23, 2020 / 1:12 pm

Shelley, what a fun and festive table you have styled for the holiday! I love the play on stars and stripes with your striped placemats and those colorful star plates! What a lovely setting for the holiday with your refreshing pool nearby! Have a joyous fourth!

June 23, 2020 / 9:48 pm

Thanks Chloe! I had fun creating this look – thanks so much for hosting! And yes, that pool has gotten a ton of use with these summer temperatures!

8. June 23, 2020 / 3:14 pm

Shelley, a wonderful patriotic setting. And, clever you for coming up with a centerpiece that works so well around the umbrella! Wishing you a happy 4th!

June 23, 2020 / 9:49 pm

Thanks Debbee! Yes, those umbrellas are so hard to decorate around…glad you liked my solution! Happy 4th to you!

9. June 23, 2020 / 3:51 pm

Shelley, what a beautiful alfresco table next to your pool and the perfect place to entertain.. The star plates are so cute and the blue and white placemats are a lovely complement. It is a pleasure to blog hop with you, Happy 4th!

June 23, 2020 / 9:50 pm

Thanks Pam! You are the queen of alfreso tables so I am glad you liked mine! Happy 4th to you!

10. Shannon@Belle Bleu Interiors
    June 23, 2020 / 5:21 pm

Shelley, your patriotic outdoor table is just beautiful! I love the mix of textures, and those star plates are adorable. Your star stencils turned out perfectly on your centerpiece. It’s amazing what we can come up with in a pinch. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Fourth of July!

June 23, 2020 / 9:52 pm

Thanks Shannon! Yes, when we are stuck at home we have to get creative! Glad you liked my patriotic tablescape! Happy 4th!

11. Bonnie Morgan
    June 23, 2020 / 6:26 pm

Shelley, I would spend all my spare time in your backyard. The patio and pool area is lovely.
    Your table is very striking. Love the star plate and your plate stack and linens.
    Very clever centerpiece. I chuckled at your ingenuity finding a star pattern on your Kuerig machine.
    Have a great 4th of July.
    Nice blog hopping with you.

June 23, 2020 / 9:54 pm

Thanks so much Bonnie…yes, we’ve used that pool a ton already! Glad you liked my Kuerig stencil…gotta use what you have! Happy 4th!

12. June 23, 2020 / 6:31 pm

Such a beautiful and festive tablescape! Love those star plates and the burlap ribbon. Enjoy your Independence Day! We need a pool. It’s always so stinkin’ hot!

June 23, 2020 / 9:57 pm

Thanks Cindy! It’s always fun to play around with colors and ribbon…glad you liked how it turned out! Happy 4th to you!

13. June 23, 2020 / 9:19 pm

You’ve set a very festive table that has all the right touches. I’m hoping for some blooming hydrangeas as well.

June 23, 2020 / 9:58 pm

Awe, thanks Sandra! I hope you have good luck with your hydrangeas this season!

14. June 23, 2020 / 9:30 pm

So festive and fun! The star plates are so cute! Love red white and blue Tablescapes! Thank you for linking up to Centerpiece Wednesday!

June 23, 2020 / 9:59 pm

Thanks Karin! I had fun creating this table! Have a great week!

15. June 24, 2020 / 4:39 am

I was going to ask where you got the starred burlap. That’s so clever using your keurig. Your backyard looks so lush. What a nice place to entertain! Thanks for joining the hop.

June 24, 2020 / 7:56 am

Thanks Andrea! We just updated our backyard last year so it’s been fun to watch each of the flowers bloom. I love this time of year…well except for “this” year… Thanks again for hosting this lovely hop!

16. Rita C.
    June 24, 2020 / 8:26 am

Shelley, after your patriotic baseball tablescape that was a grand slam across the blogging community, I wondered how in the world you could deliver yet again. But here you are, making it happen outdoors – a perfect encore! I must say, you were brilliant in seeing the star on the Keurig drip tray ( I shall remember that, as mine is the same!). This is such a great look with your outdoor landscape and pool in the background, and I really like the plate stack with textiles. The hydrangeas are beautiful, whether in full or partial bloom. They will always be the quintessential flower of summer in my mind. I remember them as a child, and still feel joy when I see them in bloom now. (btw, those faux ones are really nice too!). Happy summer, enjoy!

June 24, 2020 / 9:13 am

Oh Rita, your comment just made my day! What an incredibly sweet thing to say. Isn’t it fun how we can find inspiration everywhere…we’ll never look at the Keurig the same – ha! Thanks again and enjoy your 4th!

17. June 24, 2020 / 9:51 am

Shelley, You are so resourceful. I loved how you made use of the many lovely things you had at your fingertips right at home. Your scattered stars and star-themed mason jar covers are perfect for your outdoor table. Your delicate flowers are lovely against the bold stripes in your table. What a lovely setting to be at any time. Happy Fourth of July!

June 24, 2020 / 10:25 am

Thank you, Marsha! It’s always fun to find things we can work with in our homes, isn’t it? I’m glad you like how my table turned out. Great to hop with you!

18. June 24, 2020 / 7:35 pm

Three cheers for the red, white and blue…your table by the pool looks so inviting! So clever of you to use the star in your Keurig tray for a stencil! Happy to be hopping with you!

June 24, 2020 / 9:11 pm

Thanks Mary! I don’t drink coffee so at least now I found a use for my Keurig! Great to hop with you too!

19. June 25, 2020 / 10:33 pm

Shelley, your outdoor tablescape looks so cozy and inviting! I love the star plates and the striped napkins. That was a clever way to hide the umbrella stand with the mason jars. I would’ve never guessed that you used a Keurig tray as a stencil! It was fun hopping with you 🙂

June 25, 2020 / 10:47 pm

Thanks, Rebecca! The mason jars will work even better when my hydrangeas fully bloom. I can’t wait! Thanks again and great to hop with you!

20. June 25, 2020 / 10:42 pm

Shelley, your table came out gorgeous. Those umbrella poles sure do make things tricky but you pulled it off well. love the star plates.

June 25, 2020 / 10:48 pm

Thanks Cynthia! Yes, I’m always experimenting with that umbrella pole! Great hopping with you!

21. June 26, 2020 / 1:56 pm

I just love the star plates! They are so cute! Glad to be hopping with you!

June 27, 2020 / 11:50 am

Thanks, Kristin! Great hopping with you as well!

22. Chas
    June 26, 2020 / 4:52 pm

Your tables cape is so cute and perfect for all summer long. I love that you can use patriotic for 3 holidays in the summer time too. Thanks for sharing

June 27, 2020 / 11:52 am

Thanks Chas! Yes, I love red, white and blue all summer! Enjoy your weekend!

23. June 28, 2020 / 10:16 am

Oh how I love your festive poolside tablescape! I think the hydrangeas look just lovely at the beginning stage too. GENIUS “use what you have idea with the drip tray start stencil.” Love it!

So fun hopping with you. Happy Fourth of July!

June 28, 2020 / 10:55 am

Thanks so much, Amber! Yes, who knew I had a built in stencil?! I loved your beautiful table setting with the sparklers and Coca Cola…so festive. For some reason, my comments never went through. I tried at least twice and just noticed they never showed up. So sorry! Anyway, enjoy your week and the 4th!

24. June 28, 2020 / 8:22 pm

Shelley, your Patriotic table is so festive and fun. The placemats and napkins are perfect, especially with your star plates. Great idea using the mason jars. Your backyard looks amazing. A perfect spot to enjoy almost every meal. A pleasure joining you in this blog hop.

June 28, 2020 / 8:31 pm

Thanks Linda! It’s always fun to pull out all the red, white and blue! I’m glad you liked how it turned out. Great hopping with you too!

25. June 29, 2020 / 2:25 pm

Shelley, I love the combination of layers you pulled together for each place setting. So festive!! I’m excited to feature your post this week on the Tuesday Turn About Link Party! Hope to see you there!

June 29, 2020 / 6:12 pm

Oh what a nice surprise! Thank you, Michelle!

26. June 29, 2020 / 4:07 pm

This is one of my favorite patriotic tablescapes that I have seen this year! So much inspiration! Thank you for sharing with Charming Homes and Gardens!

June 29, 2020 / 6:13 pm

Awe, thank you Kim! What a nice thing to say! Enjoy your week and thanks for stopping by!

27. June 29, 2020 / 10:15 pm

Such a fun and festive table with a beautiful setting! I love the way you created a centerpiece with the mason jars. You are so clever and creative! Have a very happy 4th of July! Pinned!

June 30, 2020 / 4:38 pm

Thanks so much, Lynne! Mason jars are so versatile, aren’t they? Thanks again and enjoy your week!

28. June 30, 2020 / 10:12 am

Your patriotic tablescape looks wonderful and I’m loving those star plates! Everyone should have a Keurig stencil in their craft stash! lol

June 30, 2020 / 4:41 pm

Thanks Allyson! Yes, who would ever think Keurig would be in the stencil business – ha! Thanks again for your lovely comment!

29. June 30, 2020 / 11:48 am

Shelley, what a beautiful table! I love the placemats and outdoor dinners are the best! So many fun ideas.

June 30, 2020 / 4:42 pm

Thank you, Michelle! Yes, outdoor dinners are the best… We’ve been eating outdoors every chance we get. Thanks again and have a great week!

30. Dee | Grammy's Grid
    June 30, 2020 / 1:52 pm

Looks nice, I like it! Thanks so much for linking up with me at #AThemedLinkup 20 for All Things American (red, white, and blue), open June 27 to July 25. All party entries shared if social media buttons installed.

June 30, 2020 / 4:44 pm

Thanks Dee! I love the idea for your “All Things American” party! Enjoy your week!

31. June 30, 2020 / 7:43 pm

********************************************************
    Thank you for sharing at #OverTheMoon. Pinned and shared. Have a lovely week. I hope to see you at next week’s party too! Please stay safe and healthy. Come party with us at Over The Moon! Catapult your content Over The Moon! @marilyn_lesniak @EclecticRedBarn
    ********************************************************

June 30, 2020 / 8:00 pm

Thanks Marilyn! Have a great week!

July 1, 2020 / 9:45 pm

Thanks so much, Bev – such a nice surprise! I will be sure to stop by and link up again this week. Thanks again and have a great 4th!