Happy weekend and welcome to the Saturday Spotlight! How is it already mid-May? Seriously, before we know it, Memorial Day will be here. Have you made any plans for that weekend yet? Here in New Jersey, that’s when the beaches officially open but the weather can still be cool in May. Like many of you, we’ll probably just celebrate at home with a barbecue. Today, I’m sharing some Memorial Day barbecue ideas to help you kick off the summer season!
*For your convenience, please note that this post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking my links below, I will receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you).
Memorial Day Barbecue Ideas – Patriotic Table
If you’re going to entertain guests, decorate your table to celebrate the holiday!
Memorial Day Barbecue Ideas – Simple Summer Recipes
As I’ve mentioned before, we grill every chance we get during the summer months. Besides the traditional hamburgers and hot dogs, we also grill chicken, beef, tuna and swordfish on occasion.
For side dishes, we throw peppers, onions and pineapples on the grill too. Usually, I just cut them into small pieces, toss in some balsamic vinegar and grill them on a copper grill mat. Those mats are easy to clean, reusable and make cooking vegetables a breeze. Definitely check them out if you are planning to do some Memorial Day barbecuing!
Here’s another summer salad that’s super easy to whip up for a barbecue…
If you’re a fan of arugula, I think you’ll love these 3 simple salads!
Decorate Your Outdoor Spaces for Memorial Day Weekend:
It’s so easy to decorate for patriotic holidays like Memorial Day. Just throw a few flags around and you’re all set. Baseballs make fun accessories as well. After all, baseball is known as America’s favorite past time…
If you like the baseball theme, be sure to check out my patriotic tablescape with old baseballs.
Memorial Day Barbecue Ideas – Shopping Finds:
If you need more ideas to plan your Memorial Day barbeque, here are a few finds that caught my eye this week:
- So much patriotic inspiration on this gorgeous porch!
- Tons of summer ideas in this beautiful backyard makeover!
- Greet your Memorial Day guests with this easy DIY flag wreath.
- Celebrate the USA with these patriotic fruit and veggie platters!
- Give your barbecue guests some delicious options from this great collection of burger ideas!
- If you prefer “shrimp on the barbie”, this grilled shrimp recipe looks amazing!
- Since you’ll need to clean up after barbecuing, here are some safer ways to clean grill grates.
- For a refreshing summer drink, these watermelon mint mimosas would be perfect for a summer day!
- Of course, you could always set out a mimosa board so your guests can create their own!
Hopefully, some of these Memorial Day Barbeque ideas inspired you today!
By they way, May 16th just happens to be National Barbecue AND National Mimosa Day! Cheers to that!
- For even more outdoor entertaining ideas, be sure to read – Ideas for Outdoor Entertaining Areas.
- And if you’d like to get away this Memorial Day, read my Best Summer Road Trip Ideas!
- In case you missed last week’s Saturday Spotlight, visit –We All Love a Good House Tour.
Do you plan to barbecue this Memorial Day?
Follow along so you don’t miss a post!
Subscribe by email – HERE