Well, I finally faced the fact that summer is over so I started pulling out my fall decor.
This year, I began by decorating my console table with a festive fall vignette…
Sometimes, just starting with one area will inspire you to decorate more.
Although, I am still working on the family room, I managed to decorate this little spot for now while I make other big decisions (like which rug to buy)…
Although, I like using neutrals in my seasonal decor, I always end up throwing in a little orange for fall!
The orange velvet pumpkin was the only new thing I bought this year. I found it at TJMaxx if you are looking for them.
Even a few easy changes can update a room for a new season.
On my shelf, I simply swapped out the summer colored cookbooks for a stack of fall colored ones. This helped to tie them in with the orange velvet pumpkin.
Trays make things easy…
Using trays help to group the accessories together. This seagrass one has made its rounds in practically every room.
For a pulled together look, it helps to repeat the same colors…
The stack of white bowls carry the white down to the lower shelf to keep things bright.
Most of us agree, you can’t go wrong with pretty storage baskets…
A row of seagrass baskets on the bottom coordinate with the tray. These also hold my supply of napkins.
From this angle, you can see into the kitchen.
As you can see, I haven’t added too much in there yet.
Sometimes, keeping it simple is better.
I just added a few things to the stove mantel – a couple velvet pumpkins to match the one on the console along with some more bundles of wheat.
Last year, I used real white pumpkins but I kind of like the pop of orange up there with these. Although, once I find some white pumpkins, I might end up changing this area again. We’ll see…
So the fall decorating has begun! Remember, autumn officially starts this Friday!
Have you started your fall decorating?
Here are some sources to help you shop for fall. Please note that this post contains some affiliate links which means I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking my links (at no additional cost to you.)
- Velvet Pumpkins – TJMaxx but I also found this set of four velvet pumpkins.
- Faux White Pumpkin – Michael’s Craft Store. If they happen to be sold out, check out this set of white pumpkins and gourds.
- Seagrass Tray – Homegoods or this set of seagrass nesting trays
- White Pitchers – Homegoods usually has a supply but this porcelain one is cute too.
- Wheat Bundles – Homegoods but if they sold out, you could go with these wheat stalks or this wheat bundle.
- Seagrass bins – Pottery Barn but these seagrass bins are similar and the price is better! And these cute ones fold for easy storage.
- Lanterns – Pottery Barn or Pier One (I forgot which one!) These pretty lanterns are very similar.
Have a great day!
I’d love for you to follow along so you don’t miss a post!
Follow by email – HERE
Joining these parties: