Blue and White with Sunflowers in the Foyer

Over the years, I have collected many pieces of blue and white porcelain.  Recently, I was in the mood to freshen up my foyer, so I decorated the space using blue and white with sunflowers!

Blue and White Pieces:

Blue and White Ginger Jar with other porcelain on my foyer table

In my collection, I have some newer pieces like this lidded ginger jar and candlestick.

Blue and White with Sunflowers

Some pieces are much older like the vase in the back left.  It was a wedding gift from 18 years ago.

Blue and White Porcelain in the foyer

See that cute little tea pot?  One of my best friends brought it back from China.  Ironically, it is sitting next to a wooden box that my old boss brought back from his trip to China!  As far as I know, they did not go there together…at least I hope not – lol.

Sunflowers in the foyer

While decorating with blue and white, I decided to bring in some yellow for contrast.  These lovely sunflowers are from the centerpiece at my niece’s wedding this past weekend.  Aren’t they gorgeous?!

Collection of Blue and White Porcelain displayed together on my foyer table

Here are some more blue and white Homegoods finds mixed in along with the artificial topiaries I’ve had for years.

Sunflowers and blue and white porcelain bird

From what I remember, the bird was from Hobby Lobby.  Back in the day, they carried more blue and white pieces.  I really should see what they are selling these days.

Classic blue and white in the foyer

Like I mentioned, I decided to put my little collection together in the foyer.  Usually, I keep most of the pieces on the shelves of my office.  In order to mix things up a bit, I thought it would be fun to bring them out where they could be seen.  Most of the time, only my dog, Rosie and I get to enjoy them in the office.

Sunflowers:

I had the idea to freshen up the foyer after I brought home one of the centerpiece bouquets from the wedding.  Originally, I set it on my kitchen island and I loved the way the flowers stood out against the white cabinets.  When I saw how great the yellow looked with the bits of blue and white in the background, I started thinking about decorating ideas.

Sunflowers in the White Kitchen - Inspired me to display them with my blue and white porcelain

If you want to see how the centerpieces were displayed at the wedding, here is a photo of our table below…

Sunflowers Centerpiece at a country themed wedding.

Adorable, huh?  My niece’s fiance’ cut the wood for the base and the number tag.  Definitely, a farmhouse vibe going on, don’t you think?  You can see some of the party favors in the background – jars of jam that my niece canned herself.  Wow, I think I need to talk her into starting her own blog!

Anyway, back to the blue and white with sunflowers in the foyer:

Like I said, my foyer needed some life.  So, I just rearranged the console table adding the sunflowers and my blue and white collection.  Since the mason jar didn’t stand out as much as I would have liked, I replaced it with a white pitcher…

Foyer with decorated console table

You can see Rosie’s head peeking out on the right.  I think she approves!

Console table decorated with classic blue and white porcelain

With all the blue and white, the foyer looks so much brighter and more welcoming!  It made me realize how dull it was in here before.

Foyer Console Table Decorated with Sunflowers and Blue and White

So, we are slowly transitioning my decor to fall.  Well, I guess my foyer leans a little more towards summer…but hey, I am in denial that summer is ending anyway!

Staircase and foyer table decorated with blue and white

As we head into the season, I could always change a few things to make it more fall-like.

Traditional blue and white porcelain in the foyer

Here is a front view.  As you can see by the reflection in the mirror, I opened the door for extra light.

Console Table with oval wood mirror

For now, I think I will keep the table set up like this.  Hopefully, the sunflowers will last awhile!  If not, I could always replace them with the artificial ones I have used in here in the past – Fall in the Foyer..

I have provided sources below for your convenience.  Please note that this post contains some affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking my links.

Blue and White Sources:

Do you have any blue and white collections?

Blue and White with Sunflowers - displaying my blue and white collection in a whole new way.

1. Eilis
    August 30, 2016 / 1:55 pm

Very pretty! Love your blue and white collection with the sunflowers.

2. designchic
    August 30, 2016 / 3:49 pm

I absolutely love the combination! One of my "go to" centerpieces is sunflowers in a blue and white ginger jar…so pretty! Adore your console with the arrangement of porcelain! Happy Tuesday!

3. Summer
    August 30, 2016 / 5:10 pm

Love the flowers and the blue and white ‚ô•summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

4. Tanya
    August 30, 2016 / 5:47 pm

I love the blue and white, especially with the pop of color/yellow. I have a few of those pieces, but would certainly like to add to the collection!

5. Marty@A Stroll Thru Life
    August 30, 2016 / 11:14 pm

Oh this is so pretty. The blue and yellow is stunning and your arrangement is perfect.

6. Pepper Medley
    August 31, 2016 / 11:07 am

There is nothing more perfect than sunflowers this time of the year, and they are gorgeous combined with blue and white. xo

7. Sandy at You May Be Wandering
    August 31, 2016 / 12:24 pm

Blue and White…and Yellow…my favorite combination! Thanks for sharing, Shelley! xoxo

8. Katie Clooney
    August 31, 2016 / 12:51 pm

Love your blue and white!! What a darling sunflower arrangement and really pops with the blue and white. Hope you have a fabulous weekend, Shelley!!

9. Pam Richardson
    August 31, 2016 / 2:12 pm

Shelley, blue and white always works…fresh and chic! The sunflowers are a great addition to your collection! Pam @ Everyday Living

10. Linda
    August 31, 2016 / 6:56 pm

Your house is very pretty. I love Rosie! I have two Goldens, aren't they wonderful ?

11. Suzanne
    August 31, 2016 / 11:37 pm

I never tire of blue and white. Always soothing and fresh and pretty!

12. Kim @ Savvy Southern Style
    September 1, 2016 / 12:18 am

You can never go wrong combining blue and white with sunflowers. Have I rearranged any collections? hahahahahahahahaha!!

13. Deserae
    September 1, 2016 / 4:06 am

Gorgeous….sunflowers paired with blue and white are always a winner!!!!Thanks for joining the SYS party.~Des

14. Janet Garon
    September 1, 2016 / 12:52 pm

I love your blue and white collection. It's always so pretty.

15. Karen Del Tatto
    September 2, 2016 / 12:44 am

I love blue and white ceramic anything. :-)And I love how you pared the yellow sunflowers with your beautiful table of blue and white. Blue and yellow look so pretty together. Thanks for sharing.

16. Laura
    September 2, 2016 / 1:14 pm

I can't live without blue and white porcelain in my home.There is nothing bar none- in my opinion- that enhances the decor in a room.I love yours.Thank you for sharing at Thoughts of Home.LauraWhite Spray Paint

17. Sarah
    September 6, 2016 / 3:23 am

Very pretty! I love using my blue and white with orange for the fall. Sunflowers too!

18. S Marie
    September 8, 2016 / 2:53 pm

This is a gorgeous vignette! Such a bright and happy bit of decor. Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday this week!