After six weeks of transforming an old playroom/dog-room into my home office, I am proud to say that I am finished! (Well almost – Plantation shutters take a while to come in!)
Home Office Reveal:
Once we install the plantation shutters, I’m sure we won’t have so much morning glare.
Surprisingly, one point I didn’t think this Dash and Albert rug wouldn’t work in here! Now it has become one of my favorite things! *Update – see how the rug has held up years later.
And speaking of favorite things, I think the Ballard lantern just makes the space!
Just yesterday, I picked up this Ikea Ektorp Jennylund. Nothing like waiting until the last minute. If you follow me on Instagram you saw me ironing the slip cover last night.
The paisley pillow from Etsy – Making Fabulous arrived a couple days ago.
It was fun pulling blue and white things from around the house and from storage. So nice to have everything out where I can see them!
So, this is where I blog now.
And of course I must have a pink orchid. I hope it lives.
Speaking of living…Am I insane for buying all these plants with my black thumb? Well, these palms where only $7.00 on sale at Lowe’s. I bought the woven pots at Ikea yesterday.
Obviously, this side of the room still needs some work. For instance, I need to hang some artwork and deal with the shelves a bit more. Also, I brought in the hibiscus plant from the deck since it’s getting too cold to keep it outside. (Not like I would do any better with it in here!)
Here is a nighttime shot.
Now more than ever, need those shutters to come in. It feels strange sitting in front of the windows at night.
**Update: The shutters are installed now!
So once again, here is the entrance to the room.
Do you remember what it looked like when I started?…
Obviously, this was after they installed the hardwood floors.
But you might remember what the entrance looked like after my darling doggie attacked the carpet…
What a nightmare!
Thankfully, the room has come a long way!
And I think Rosie approves!
Thanks again to Linda from Calling it Home for hosting the One Room Challenge!
Please stop by her blog to check out all the final reveals. Most likely, I will be over there all day!
If you want to view my home office progress from each week, please click on the links below.
Sources from my home office reveal:
- Wall Paint Color – Benjamin Moore Bone White and the trim is Decorator’s White
- Bookcases – Howard Miller by Ty Pennington – repainted Decorator’s White (by me!)
- Desk – Hooker Furniture – Leg Desk
- Desk Chair – Ikea – Henriksdal Chair – Linneryd Natural
- Lighting – Ballard Designs – Carriage House Chandelier (large)
- Wood Floors – Somerset Floors – Character collection – Hickory Saddle
- Area Rug – Dash and Albert – Trimaran Stripe Navy Ivory Indoor-Outdoor Rug
- Slip Covered Chair – Ikea – Ekrorp Jennylund Chair
- Low Bookcase – Pier 1 – Nicola Low Bookshelf
- Paisley Pillow on Chair – Etsy.com – Making Fabulous
- Plants – Lowe’s
- Accessories – my own, Homegoods, Marshall’s
Now I guess I am on to the next project!
What are you working on?
Follow along so you don’t miss a post!
Subscribe by email – HERE