Happy weekend and welcome to the Saturday Spotlight! Each week, I like to highlight a different theme or topic to inspire you. Not to put the pressure on or anything, but you do realize it is almost Christmas! So today, I’m sharing a bunch of last minute Christmas ideas…from decorating to gifts and more!
*For your convenience, please note that this post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking my links below, I will receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you).
Ideas for Last Minute Christmas Decorating:
After decorating your Christmas tree, you probably have some excess ornaments to put away. Instead of packing them up, use them to decorate around your home! Recently, I shared 7 Ways to Decorate with Christmas Ornaments. See if any of these ideas would work for you…
Yes, some of those ideas involved vase fillers…and here are some more vase filler ideas!
If you’re like me, you’re probably still wrapping presents. While you have all those supplies out, here are some ways you can decorate with wrapping paper!
Last Minute Hostess Gift Ideas:
If you’re visiting family or friends this holiday season, don’t forget a hostess gift. Although, I shared these practical hostess gifts for Thanksgiving, many of the gift ideas would be perfect for Christmas…and beyond!
Last Minute Shopping Ideas:
Honestly, I don’t know if I’m qualified to give you this advice because I’m still doing some last minute shopping myself!
Here’s something I think everyone could use for Christmas…6 port charging station… (A necessity for families!)
These Christmas ornaments are adorable! Plus, they’d make a great last minute gift!
Once your done shopping for others, curl up with a fabulous Christmas book… (or give it as a gift!)
This week, many of your favorite stores will be having major sales, especially on the Christmas themed items.
Here are a few of my favorite places to shop:
- Pottery Barn
- Ballard Designs
- Williams Sonoma
- Sur La Table
- Amazon (Check out my store front where I saved my favorite ideas)
Just be aware of the shipping dates at this point. Although, many stores these days have an option where you can shop online and then pick up the item in your local store. Of course, it’s always helpful if you have Amazon Prime too!
If you have absolutely no time left and it’s even too late for Amazon:
Put together a themed gift basket/bag with items from your local stores. (We should try to shop locally when we can anyway!) Whether it’s beauty products, popcorn, candies, kitchen soaps or even beef jerky (my husband), you can create a quick basket of favorites. Most of the time, you’ll find the majority of those items in the grocery store too! Ironically, these last minute gifts sometimes end up being the most loved!
Gift cards – Sometimes it’s just easier to pick a gift card from a favorite store and be done! Plus, if you have teens to buy for, they’ll probably appreciate a gift card for Christmas more than anything else! (I know mine usually do!)
For even more last minute Christmas ideas, here are some finds from around the internet:
- If you haven’t picked a centerpiece yet, here are some beautiful centerpieces!
- And if you haven’t even thought about your table, here’s a festive yet simple table setting!
- Once you’ve wrapped your gifts, don’t forget the tags – here are some cute (and free) boho Christmas tags!
- Here is a great list of DIY gifts!
- If you’re still doing “the Elf” in your home, these ideas should get you through Christmas!
- Help your guests warm up with a simple hot cocoa bar!
- How about a quick and easy holiday snack mix!
- Celebrate the holiday season with this delicious holiday sangria! Cheers!
Whether you’re rushing around like a lunatic or relaxing by the fire with a cup of hot chocolate, (laughing at the rest of us lunatics), I hope these last minute Christmas ideas were helpful!
- If you need more last minute ideas, read – Decorating with Wreaths for Christmas.
- For my latest Christmas home tour read – Christmas Home Tour – Classic Decorating Ideas.
Follow along so you don’t miss a post!
Subscribe by email – HERE