For decades, Jacqueline Kennedy has inspired millions with her classic style.
Today, we are celebrating Jacqueline Kennedy with a table setting designed in her honor…
Since Jackie Kennedy was known for wearing black and white, I used those colors in my table setting.
The black and white is a nice contrast to the red walls in my dining room. If you want to see my updated wall color in this room, be sure to visit a more recent table setting in my dining room.
“Pearls are always appropriate.” – Jacqueline Kennedy
Because most of the time you would see Jackie wearing pearls. I used some for napkin rings.
(These are just inexpensive bracelets from Five Below).
Of course, we can’t forget the stripes. How many times did you see photographs of Jackie wearing stripes?
As soon as I saw these place mats, I knew I wanted to use them in the table setting.
White peonies were one of Jacqueline Kennedy’s favorite flowers.
Since I didn’t have any real peonies, I bought these are artificial ones from Michael’s.
While decorating the table, I considered using a white table cloth but then decided I preferred the way the wood shows under the table settings.
Plus, the wood reminds me of the Presidential Yacht The Honey Fitz which was the nick name for John F. Kennedy’s maternal grandfather. I was fortunate enough to spend an afternoon on the Honey Fitz at a corporate event many years ago in New York City! A once in a lifetime opportunity and I didn’t bring a camera!
Since boxwoods are very common on the White House lawn, it seemed fitting to use my preserved one for the centerpiece.
Jackie Kennedy was a dog lover so I guess it was only appropriate for my Rosie to photo-bomb these last two pictures!
Sources to create a Jackie Kennedy Style Tablescape
For your convenience, I have provided sources below. Please note that this post contains some affiliate links. If you click my links and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
- Pearl bracelet – (Five Below) but these faux pearl bracelets are cute and inexpensive!
- Placemats – (Homegoods) but I think I like these black and white striped placemats even better! And these placemats with a ticking stripe could work too!
- Faux Peony – (Michaels’) but this Peony bouquet would be nice in a vase too!
- Boxwood – (Homegoods) and this preserved boxwood would also be pretty!
- Black Napkins – (Homegoods) and these black cotton napkins are also a good deal!
- Crystal – (Noritake but I’ve had them for so long, I can’t remember the name of the pattern! These Mikasa wine glasses have a similar look and this Mikasa stemware pattern is pretty too!
- China – (Royal Doulton-Provence Noir – discontinued unfortunately) but I could picture Jackie liking this these simple white with black dishes though!
Thanks for stopping by to view my interpretation of a Jacqueline Kennedy inspired table setting!
Are you a fan of Jackie Kennedy’s style?
I’d love for you to follow along so you don’t miss a post!
Follow by email – HERE
For more Jacqueline Kennedy style inspiration, stop by: