Since, we are finally getting some cooler days, I thought it was time to decorate a fall mantel with apples and pumpkins! After all, this is only the second year we’ve had this stone fireplace. I have been eager to play around with it a bit. Come take a look to see how my fall mantel turned out…
*Please note that this post contains affiliate links. I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on my links below (with no additional cost to you).
Fall Mantel with Apples and White Pumpkins
Using natural accessories like apples and pumpkins are perfect for fall…
White pumpkins have become so popular for fall!
My son and I stopped by a farm stand yesterday and picked up these cuties…I think they are called “Baby Boos”.
Lean a piece of artwork…
During a recent dig through the basement, I found this framed fruit print which used to hang in my dining room. Months ago, I decided that this would be the year to finally repaint my red dining room. Since I plan to go for a different look in there, I didn’t see any point in re-hanging this art. Have I repainted the room yet? Well, no but I really plan to do it soon…Really, I swear…(**Exciting update – the dining room is painted!)
Some greenery on the mantel always helps…
For some more color, I added a bit of greenery in white pots. As you can see, the white repeats with the pumpkins and mat on the artwork.
You can’t go wrong with fresh apples!
Since these small fruit baskets from Michael’s Craft Store were just sitting around, I decided to fill them with apples to go with the artwork. Have you noticed the great selection of apples in the stores lately? They are always so much better when you buy them in season!
Apples and pumpkins…sure they go together. Why not?!!
Since, I already had some red in the family room, the apple theme fit right in.
Although, I might change things around in October but I think this works fine for September…It’s kind of an early harvest type of look.
Before long, we will be building some roaring fires in here. I am sure my boys can’t wait!
But for now, we’ll just enjoy the cute white pumpkins…and apples!
Like I said, this is our second year with this stone fireplace. If you would like to see last year’s fall fireplace click here – October 1st Mantel. I also decorated our old mantel many times over the years. You can see some of those posts here – Four Mantels for Fall.
Fall Mantel Sources:
- Apple artwork (24W x 26H) – Ethan Allen (many years ago). I couldn’t find an exact match but this set of smaller unframed botanicals would be pretty with a large mat and frame. Also, this 8 x 10 set of six is pretty and a great deal too!
- Potted greenery – Wegman’s Food Store but these artificial potted plants are smaller than mine but very cute!
- Apple Baskets – I think mine were from Michael’s but this 2 pack of wooden baskets is very similar to mine.
- Similar fireplace tools – Simple Black Fireplace Tool Set,or this black set which is a little more contemporary.
- Fireplace screen – We bought ours locally, but here are a couple similar ones – this fireplace screen is simple but doesn’t have the arch, and this fireplace screen has a similar shape to mine.
Have you decorated your mantel for fall?
Enjoy your day!
Follow along so you don’t miss a post!
Subscribe by email – HERE