2 Easy Ways to Decorate Your Mantel for Spring

Hello friends!  Who else is looking for a distraction from reality today? For the last couple of weeks, I have been hesitant to blog.  Honestly, the idea of posting decorating photos seemed so frivolous with everything that is happening in the world.  Then the other day, I managed to get caught up playing around with ways to decorate my mantel for spring.  For that short period of time, I was able to escape reality for a bit.  My guess is that I ‘m not the only one looking for an escape…

White pitchers and flowers on spring mantel

So, at the last minute I decided to join a Spring Ideas Tour Blog Hop hosted by my friend, Paula from Sweet Pea.  If you don’t already follow Paula, please be sure to stop by her beautiful blog!  She has an amazing collection of sentimental vintage treasures that she incorporates into her lovely home.  Also, be sure to visit the links at the end of this post for tons of spring ideas from a talented group of bloggers!

If you are just arriving from Marty’s Musings  Welcome!  Marty’s home is always so beautiful and I am sure you loved her mantel!

Since we aren’t leaving our house much these days, I challenged myself to decorate my mantel with things I already owned.  Hopefully, I will inspire you to pull out some of your accessories and try a new look…

*Please also note that this post contains affiliate links.  If you make a purchase after clicking my links below, I will receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you).

White pitchers on mantel - 2 easy ways to decorate your mantel for spring

A Simple Spring Mantel with White Pitchers and Flowers:

For my first attempt at decorating a spring mantel, I pulled out my collection of white pitchers.  I filled the center one with some artificial flowers I had in my storage.  Since I haven’t bought any fresh flowers recently, the artificial ones were my only choice anyway.  Last year, I used the same flowers for my Easter table.

white pitchers on rustic farmhouse style mantel

similar white pitcher  /  another similar pitcher  /   another option for window pane mirror

To add some height in the middle, I propped up a window pane mirror.  Recently, I used that for a spring tablescape.

stone fireplace with white pitchers on mantel

Since my fireplace stone is on the dark side, all the white stands out and feels fresh for spring!

White farmhouse pitcher with flowers on mantel

Since I had plenty of time…(I mean, who doesn’t these days), I also tried a spring look using some of my blue and white pieces…

Spring Mantel with Blue and White:

Once again, I pulled out all the faux flowers…

Blue and white accessories on fireplace mantel

If you read my blog, you know that I collect blue and white pieces.

blue and white accessories for spring on rustic stone fireplace

For this version, I left the window pane mirror and just switched out a few of the white pitchers for blue and white accessories.  Then I simply gathered up my faux orchids and hydrangeas…

Rustic stone fireplace with blue and white accessories on mantel

With just a few changes, I had two different spring looks for my mantel.

window pane mirror on mantel with blue and white accessories

It’s always fun to shop your home, isn’t it?  Hopefully, I inspired you to look through your collections to find new ways to display them.  If you are like me, you will enjoy escaping reality for a bit!

Once again, thank you to Paula from Sweet Pea for hosting this Spring Ideas Tour!  Please be sure to visit the rest of the participants in the links below throughout the week!

Spring Ideas

Monday – Mantels:

spring ideas tour mantels

Hearth and Vine   | Postcards from the Ridge   | Marty’s Musings    | Calypso in the Country

Tuesday – Tablescapes:

spring ideas tour tablescapes

Lora Bloomquist      |      Our Southern Home      |      The Painted Hinge

Wednesday – DIY:

DIYS

Sweet Pea 2 Bees in a PodThe How to HomeOur Crafty MomWhat Meegan Makes

Thursday – Recipes:

spring recipes

My Wee Abode | Thistle Key Lane | Harbour Breeze Home | First Day of Home

Friday – Porches and Decks:

porches and decks

Redhead Can Decorate | Worthing Court | Follow the Yellow Brick Home

What areas are you decorating for spring?

PinterestInstagram / Facebook / Twitter

Pin this

spring mantel ideas

1. March 23, 2020 / 7:14 am

Shelley, I love your spring mantel. I also have a dark mantel and adding all that white is a great idea. I’m going to have to keep that in mind. The blue and white collection is also great and I love the added touch of orchids.

March 23, 2020 / 9:14 am

Thank you Patti! Yes, I felt like the white really brightened up the fireplace…and my mood. Stay well and thanks for stopping by!

• Kathy Menold
        March 27, 2020 / 9:03 am

Shelley Both your spring mantles are lovely. I collect white stoneware which I display mainly in my kitchen and also blue and white porcelain that is in my livingroom and master bath. With all this time for in home creativity I will be trying both your ideas and see which one works on my mantle. Thanks and stay well.

March 27, 2020 / 9:59 am

Thanks so much, Kathy! I am happy I inspired you to try your collections in new ways. I find that keeping busy and creative keeps my mind off this crisis! Stay well!

2. March 23, 2020 / 7:16 am

Both looks are so pretty, Shelley! If we are nesting at home during this scary time, we may as well make our homes as pretty as possible. On a bright note, we have plenty of opportunity to enjoy our decorating efforts. I’m so glad that you were able to join the tour! Stay safe and well during this scary time.

March 23, 2020 / 9:16 am

Thanks Paula – and thanks for letting me slide in at the last minute. It’s been a crazy week for all of us and I welcome this little escape from reality! Stay well, friend!

3. March 23, 2020 / 9:28 am

Shelley – we love all of your spring mantel ideas. Truly our heart speaks in blue and white LOL. You put together such amazing collections. Thank you so much for sharing your creativity!

March 23, 2020 / 10:04 am

Thanks ladies! It was nice to have the little distraction from reality! Stay well!

4. March 23, 2020 / 6:50 pm

Shelley

Both are beautiful, the blue and white looks wonderful for spring.

Stay safe

Cindy

March 23, 2020 / 8:01 pm

Thanks Cindy! You know I love my blue and white! Be well.

5. March 23, 2020 / 8:26 pm

Shelley I know exactly how you feel about sharing decor inspo during this difficult trial. I found it very hard to get motivated for my spring home tour last week. The beauty of nature is what I used as inspiration to get me going. I am also having to shop my home and using what I have in new ways. I love both of your beautiful mantel designs. You have reminded me to go dig out a few blue and white pieces to use for spring.

Hope to see you over at All About Home or TFT this week:

I always enjoy your decor!

Happy spring!

March 24, 2020 / 9:58 am

Thanks so much, Amber! Yes, it is hard to get motivated for spring decorating but I was surprised how satisfied I felt afterwards. Between keeping my mind occupied and freshening up my home, it was helpful to just do something! Happy Spring!

6. March 23, 2020 / 9:53 pm

Shelley, Glad you could join us! I love your stone fireplace; what an enchanting backdrop to style with. The white accessories do really pop against it; love both looks you brought together. Creating and beauty-making is definitely a good way to bring our minds and hearts to a better place right now. Our readers are thankful for the escape, too!

March 24, 2020 / 10:03 am

Thank you, Lora! I like that you used the word, “enchanting” to describe my fireplace! I’ve always felt we chose too dark of a stone so I like hearing it described that way. But yes, it really does help the white accessories to stand out. Although being creative is difficult right now, I realized it’s also a great escape. Thanks for your kind words.

7. Rita Joy
    March 23, 2020 / 10:37 pm

Both of your ideas are so pretty and fresh for Spring! I’m so glad that you found joy and delight in doing something creative while spending all this extra time at home. I’ve challenged myself to do something creative every day. It’s good to have something to look forward to. I’m so glad you joined in the blog hop!!

March 24, 2020 / 10:22 am

Thanks Rita! It was a nice distraction. I love your idea of doing something creative every day. We have to stay positive. Stay well!

8. Diane
    March 23, 2020 / 11:26 pm

Blue and white plus orchids equal perfection! Waco ordered shelter at home for at least the next week, so I will miss seeing our grandkids! However as a pediatric home health speech pathologist our visits are considered a medical necessity/essential services so those continue . We are treating some patients with access to technology by Teletherapy. This to shall pass and we will soon be floating in the pool, right? Hugs from Waco and take care!

March 24, 2020 / 10:25 am

You are always so sweet. Thank you, Diane! And thank you for being out there helping people. Now more than ever, I have so much respect for people in health care. I love your positive attitude and yes, I can’t wait for those days of floating in the pool. Stay well, friend!

9. March 24, 2020 / 1:26 am

Shelley, your two mantels are lovely… I’m always a sucker for white ironstone and ceramic pitchers so the first one just ‘sings’ to me! Beautiful and easy spring mantel ideas that are pinned to my Spring Decor & DIY board! So fun hopping with you, as always!

March 24, 2020 / 10:32 am

Thanks so much, Julie! I’m happy that you enjoyed my creations. It’s always fun to display our collections in different ways isn’t it? And thank you for pinning as well. Great to hop with again!

10. March 24, 2020 / 8:23 am

And look how beautiful it all turned out! A spring refresh gives us a boost for our mental health… and we all need that right now.

Stay safe my friend!

March 24, 2020 / 10:34 am

Thanks Nancy! Yes, we all need a mental health boost now! Hope you are staying healthy, my friend!

11. March 24, 2020 / 4:34 pm

I love your spring mantel Shelly! The white pictures, candlesticks and window mirror are gorgeous and contrast wonderfully against your stone fireplace. The greenery on the ends and the flowers in the center are the perfect spring-y touches! So happy to be touring with you this week!

March 24, 2020 / 6:23 pm

Thanks Michelle! Yes, I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked the contrast with the white. I’m glad you like it. Thanks again and great to tour with you!

12. March 24, 2020 / 5:27 pm

Hi, Shelley. Could not love your mantel more! I, too, love pitchers and all things white! I also love how you mixed the blues and whites together. And your brick fireplace? Makes me jealous! You’ve done a beautiful job keeping things simple yet lovely. Great job!

March 24, 2020 / 6:25 pm

Thanks so much, Marty! I’m flattered that you like how my spring mantel turned out. Shopping the house is always fun isn’t it? Thanks again!

13. March 24, 2020 / 7:55 pm

Wow Shelley, I’m glad I don’t have to pick a favorite because both of your mantel designs are so striking again the dark brick. Pinning several photos for future inspiration.

March 24, 2020 / 8:32 pm

Oh, you are so sweet! Thanks so much Michelle! Stay well!

14. March 25, 2020 / 3:32 pm

I love the two different looks, Shelley! It’s fun to play around with the colors for a totally different feel. I’m very fond of your blue and white containers, especially. Happy to be hopping together again!

March 25, 2020 / 4:04 pm

Thanks so much, Crissy! I do love bringing out the blue and white this time of year. Stay well!

15. March 25, 2020 / 4:58 pm

I love both mantels! The white is so crisp and fresh and the blue and white so happy and sophisticated. Simply beautiful!

March 25, 2020 / 5:13 pm

Thanks Cindy! I definitely had a lot of time to try each one…hope you are well!

16. March 26, 2020 / 8:29 pm

Oh, Shelley, your mantel is lovely. I love the simplicity and beauty of it. Have a wonderful spring.

March 27, 2020 / 9:57 am

Thanks so much, Mary Beth! Happy Spring to you…stay well!

17. eyeloveknots
    March 27, 2020 / 9:20 am

When I saw the first version, I thought I was in love, but then I saw the second, and now I am conflicted – hehe. Beautiful mantels!

Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com

March 27, 2020 / 10:00 am

Aww, what a sweet thing to say, Alexandra! Thank you so much!

18. March 27, 2020 / 3:50 pm

Shelley.
    You’re so right. We all could use some distraction from the constant flow of crisis news. And I can relate to you. Anytime I’m lost in creating something pretty, it’s a wonderful distraction. I do love these looks on your mantel. The blue and white is so pretty but you can’t go wrong with all-white pitchers too. Your home is so classically pretty and tasteful, Shelley. You’ve done such a great job with your decorating. Thank you for stopping by my blog and reading my long post too. I’m so glad you got something helpful from it, I do agree the anxiety is everywhere. And I’ve been thinking of you being so close to NY, too.
    But we’re all in the same boat, it’s a virus that has no boundaries so we all hopefully can learn from this experience. About how interconnected we all are. And keep spreading love and kindness. Stay safe and healthy. Sending love to your and the family.

March 27, 2020 / 6:39 pm

Thank you, Leslie! Yes, decorating can really be a welcoming distraction. I’m flattered that you like how my mantel turned out. As you know, I always value your decorating opinions. Your post was so helpful to me. You have such a gift for making people feel connected. I think that is something we are all seeking these days. Thanks again for your kind words and I hope you and your family stay healthy. Love to you back!

19. March 27, 2020 / 7:12 pm

Very pretty arrangements. I pinned one when following the blog hop.

March 27, 2020 / 8:08 pm

Thanks Rachelle! I appreciate it!

20. March 28, 2020 / 3:54 pm

Hi Shelly! Your mantel is a stunner!! The contrast of white pitchers against the rustic brick is gorgeous! It’s very nice to get to know you this week! Stay safe!! Xo

March 29, 2020 / 11:02 am

Thanks so much, Julie! Great to hop with you too – stay well!

March 29, 2020 / 11:03 am

Thank you, Amy! Stay well, friend!

21. March 31, 2020 / 7:55 pm

Shelley,
    I love all of your ideas for mantels! I’m so in love with blue and white these days so my favorite is that version. You have quite an amazing collection my friend! Stay healthy this spring!

22. Richella J. Parham
    April 2, 2020 / 9:22 am

Just lovely, and your ideas are ones that I could use without needing to buy anything! Thank you for the inspiration.

Thanks so much for joining the Grace at Home party at Imparting Grace. I’m featuring you this week!

April 2, 2020 / 11:09 am

Thank you so much, Richella! That makes my day!

23. April 4, 2020 / 11:08 pm

Thank you for sharing at #OverTheMoon. Pinned and shared. Have a lovely week. I hope to see you at next week’s party too! Pleas stay safe and healthy. Come party with us at Over The Moon! Catapult your content Over The Moon! @marilyn_lesniak @EclecticRedBarn

24. Barbara at Mantel and Table
    April 11, 2020 / 5:00 pm

Lovely post Shelley! Both your mantels are gorgeous and your collections are gorgeous too! Thanks for the inspiration – my “home shopping” program will get a much needed boost when I finally clean out the store room! Hope you have a happy Easter weekend!

25. April 13, 2020 / 8:41 pm

I’m so inspired! What a fun post! I love it both ways my friend! Thanks for linking up at Charming Homes and Gardens!