Warm and Cozy Thanksgiving at Home

Are you hosting Thanksgiving this year?  Well, if you are planning for a warm and cozy Thanksgiving at home, you’ve come to the right place!

Today, I’m joining 25 talented bloggers for the “We Gather Together” Thanksgiving Blog Hop!  For my stop on the tour, I hope to inspire you with simple ideas to make your home inviting for guests this Thanksgiving!

Warm and Cozy Thanksgiving at Home

Before we get started, I want to thank Amber from Follow the Yellow Brick Home for “gathering us together” to host this festive blog hop!  If you don’t already follow Amber, be sure to visit her blog (1st stop on the blog hop) to see how she decorates her lovely home using vintage treasures and seasonal decor.

*If you are just arriving from Chloe’s blog,  Celebrate and Decorate …Welcome!  Chloe is so talented and I am always inspired by her beautiful blog!

At the end of this post, you will find a list of all the participants in the blog hop.  Visit as many as you can for tons of Thanksgiving inspiration!  Let’s get started…

Thanksgiving Blog Hop

*Please also note that this post contains affiliate links.  If you make a purchase after clicking my links below, I will receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you).

Warm and Cozy Thanksgiving in the Kitchen:

Although it has become become popular to start decorating for Christmas before Thanksgiving, we keep our fall decor out.  The natural colors and textures of the season give a warm harvest-y feel to the kitchen.  After all, this is where I’ll be cooking that Thanksgiving dinner!  Since our kitchen faces south, I get to enjoy all the morning light as I chop away…

Warm and Cozy Kitchen

Even though I don’t go crazy with Thanksgiving decor, I do sneak in a turkey here and there…

Warm and Cozy Colors for Thanksgiving

Seasonal Colors and Textures:

By now, I have gotten rid of most of my pumpkins but I do keep some some seasonal color around…

Mums by the fireplace - Warm and Cozy Thanksgiving at Home

Since we’ve had a few nights with freezing temperatures, I brought some of my mums back inside.  The dark red color of this one brings warmth to my family room.  Actually, the fireplace should bring even more warmth to the room but we haven’t used it yet this fall.  Maybe we’ll make a fire on Thanksgiving day.

Living Room Decorating for Fall

In the living room, I swapped out my usual basket of shells for a basket of pumpkins and pine cones.

Fall pillows by the piano - Warm and Cozy Thanksgiving at Home

And some soft pillows and throws help make the room extra cozy.

Warm and Cozy Thanksgiving in the Dining Room:

Of course, if we are decorating for Thanksgiving, the dining room is the place to be!

Formal Navy Dining Room

Since my walls are navy, I needed to add warmer colors and textures to keep the room cozy…

Botanical Tablecloth for Thanksgiving

While going through my tablecloths, I came across this one from a few years ago.  Recently, I decorated my kitchen table with a fruit theme for Thanksgiving, so I thought I would coordinate the dining room.  Since this tablecloth is busy, I didn’t go too crazy with accessories on the table.

Thanksgiving Table in Navy Dining Room

Years ago, I tried to use this tablecloth but I had a busy rug at the time so I wasn’t thrilled with the look.  Now that we have a simple seagrass rug in the dining room, the tablecloth can shine!

Fall Flowers in dining room - Cozy Home Decor

Once again, I bought inexpensive grocery store flowers to pick up the colors from the tablecloth.

Thanksgiving Place Setting with pear

For my place settings, I used a simple striped napkin and placed a pear on each plate to help highlight the subtle pattern in my china.

Thanksgiving place setting with pear

And of course, the pears picks up the colors from the tablecloth.

Warm and Cozy Thanksgiving Table

To add more texture, I brought in my go-to wheat bundles.  Nothing says fall harvest like a bundle of wheat!

Candle in hurricane filled with hazelnuts - Simple accessories for a warm and cozy Thanksgiving

I filled a glass hurricane with hazelnuts to bring in more texture and seasonal color.  Of course, I have to be careful not to light those candles too close to the wheat bundles…we don’t want to get that warm for Thanksgiving!

Table Setting with Pears

Up on the shelves, I added some of my fruit plates to coordinate with the table.  Years ago, I bought those at Homegoods.  One of these days, I’ll complete my set but for now I mostly use them to decorate.

Flowers and Wheat down center of table

And of course, below the shelves sits my bar cart which I coordinated with the room.

Bar Cart in Navy Dining Room - Warm and Cozy Thanksgiving Decor

If you don’t own a bar cart, I suggest you buy one.  They are so much fun to decorate!  I change mine all the time…

Thanksgiving Bar Cart

Across the room, I continued the colors from the table and brought the mums in from my front porch.  Since the mums fill the bottom of the shelf so well, I will probably keep them in here… Let’s hope I keep them alive until Thanksgiving!

Warm and Cozy Thanksgiving Decor in the Dining Room

Simple Flower Centerpiece for Thanksgiving

Before long, these fall colors will be replaced with everything Christmas.  Let’s savor these last few weeks of fall while we can.

formal thanksgiving table

Thanks for stopping by to see my ideas for a Warm and Cozy Thanksgiving at Home!

I hope I gave you some ideas to make your home warm and cozy for Thanksgiving.  If you aren’t hosting this year and are looking for a hostess gift, be sure to check out my list of unique hostess gifts.

I have provided sources below for your convenience.  Please note that this post contains some affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking my links.

Thanksgiving Table Sources:

**Next, be sure to visit Petite Haus to see Angelina’s gorgeous decor!

Also, please remember to visit each of participants on the tour for tons inspiration!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

Once again, here is the full list of participants in the “Thanksgiving Blog Hop”:

Follow The Yellow Brick HomeA Stroll Thru LifeCommon GroundOur Southern HomeDecor To AdoreCounty Road 407Botanic BleuLet’s Add SprinklesThe Crowned GoatRosemary and ThymeVirginia Sweet PeaMy Thrift Store AddictionFirst Day of HomeCelebrate and DecorateCalypso In The CountryPetite HausThistle Key Lane / White Arrows HomeMy Wee AbodeLora Bloomquist / Bluesky at HomePanoply / Belle Bleu Interiors / Katherine’s Corner / Debbee’s Buzz / Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson

Where do you plan to spend Thanksgiving this year?

Follow along so you don’t miss a post!

PinterestInstagram / Facebook / Twitter

Simple Decorating Ideas for Thanksgiving

Joining these parties:

My Life Abundant – Wonderful Wednesday, My Wee Abode – Tuesday Turnaround A Delightsome Life – Home and Garden Thursday Between Naps on the Porch – Tablescape Thursday, From Gardners to Bergers – The Handmade Hangout Bluesky at Home – Happiness is Homemade, Pieced Pastimes – Saturday Sparks, Finding Silver Pennies – Silver Pennies Sunday Marilyn’s Treats – Over the Moon, Follow the Yellow Brick Home – All About Home,  Jodie Fitz – Reader Tip Tuesday,  Two Chicks and a Mom – Funtastic Friday

1. November 19, 2019 / 9:10 am

Beautiful home! Cozy home! And Thanksgiving guests and family will love being entertained here in your lovely home! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

November 19, 2019 / 9:11 am

Thanks Nancy! Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

2. November 19, 2019 / 9:23 am

Your home looks beautiful decorated for Thanksgiving! Your family is sure to enjoy Thanksgiving in your lovely home!

November 19, 2019 / 1:38 pm

Thanks so much, Paula! Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving!

3. November 19, 2019 / 9:55 am

I don’t think I’ve ever seen pears and wheat mixed like this Shelley, it’s so pretty! I love your Thanksgiving tablescape and how you’ve incorporated acorns and stripes too. It all looks really good. I hope you and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving. I know you’re going to make a lot of memories in this beautiful space. Hugs, CoCo

November 19, 2019 / 1:40 pm

Thank you, Coco! I tried to pull the colors from the tablecloth. I don’t always use one this busy so I kind of did a lot of trial and error with the tablesetting! Thanks for stopping by and Happy Thanksgiving to you!

4. November 19, 2019 / 2:54 pm

Gorgeous, I love that tablecloth and bundles of wheat and your place settings are stunning. Beautiful table.

November 19, 2019 / 3:02 pm

Thanks, Marty! Those bundles of wheat have really made the rounds in my home this fall… Thanks again and great hopping with you!

5. November 19, 2019 / 3:47 pm

Shelley, your home looks so warm and inviting. I really love your tablecloth, too. Happy almost Thanksgiving! Blessings, Cecilia @My Thrift Store Addiction

November 19, 2019 / 3:52 pm

Thanks, Cecilia! I bought the tablecloth at Williams Sonoma several years ago. It’s always fun to decorate with something you’ve stored away! Happy almost Thanksgiving to you too!

6. November 19, 2019 / 4:09 pm

That is the perfect tablecloth to go with your dark wall color! Everything is so beautiful. Love the plate wall too. Goodness me I’d love to sit and chat with you there. Okay, and get full on mashed potatoes. 😉 Happy Thanksgiving!

November 19, 2019 / 4:22 pm

Thanks, Cindy! I’d love to sit and chat with you at my table! Ever since we painted the dining room, all my linens and accessories have a new life. Always fine to create new looks in there. Thanks for stopping by and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

7. November 19, 2019 / 4:52 pm

I’ll bring my pear cake Shelley! Love the botanical and fruit theme of your tablescape and of course the pears on each plate. So pretty! Happy Thanksgiving!

November 19, 2019 / 5:05 pm

Sounds great, Michelle! I went with apples in the kitchen so it only made sense to try pears in the dining room. Thanks for swinging by!

8. Bonnie Morgan
    November 19, 2019 / 5:26 pm

Definitely warm and cozy and such a pretty tablescape. That tablecloth is lovely and I love your flowers flanked by the wheat bundles as a centerpiece.

November 19, 2019 / 5:43 pm

Thanks, Bonnie! It’s always fun to try something new every once in awhile!

9. Shannon@Belle Bleu Interiors
    November 19, 2019 / 11:03 pm

Shelley, your home is beautiful! All of your autumn touches look so pretty. As always, your dining room is stunning! I love that tablecloth, and it coordinates beautifully with the plates on the wall. I hope you have a most happy and blessed Thanksgiving!

November 20, 2019 / 8:47 am

Thank you, Shannon! Like I mentioned, I don’t usually go very bold with the tablecloth but hopefully this feels festive for Thanksgiving. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

10. November 20, 2019 / 1:38 am

Shelley, I love all your Thanksgiving and fall decor that you have added to your home. My favorites are the wheat bundles (I tried for the first time this year… but I ended up with a bit of a mess on my hands), and the pears on your gold rimmed plates! Lovely! Pinned, and thanks for co-hopping!

November 20, 2019 / 8:48 am

Thanks Julie! Yes, I took the easy way out and bought the wheat bundles from Homegoods. Thanks for visiting and for pinning! Happy Thanksgiving!

11. Rita C.
    November 20, 2019 / 9:38 am

Oh, Shelley, this is so classy! I love your subtle and sparing use of textiles and decor to make your home really warm and inviting for Thanksgiving. This is definitely an example of less being more in the styling department. Beautiful!

November 20, 2019 / 9:46 am

Thank you, Rita! It helps me to be subtle with the Thanksgiving decor because I don’t want to spend all Friday packing it away. That’s the day the Christmas comes out! Thanks for your sweet comment!

12. November 20, 2019 / 11:19 am

I love all of your fall touches! The tablecloth is gorgeous and your turkey is too cute. 🙂

November 20, 2019 / 11:24 am

Thanks, Laura! I’ve had the tablecloth stored away for the past few years…nothing like shopping the house! Happy Thanksgiving!

13. November 20, 2019 / 1:07 pm

Your home is beautiful! I love the centerpiece on the table with the wheat. (That reminds me… I have some dried wheat, I should pull it out!). I love the pear on each plate with the simple striped napkin too!

November 20, 2019 / 4:51 pm

Thank you so much, Angelina! Yes, dried wheat is so versatile this time of year. So nice to hop with you…Happy Thanksgiving!

14. November 20, 2019 / 10:46 pm

Shelley your home is so lovely. Your fall decor looks so warm and inviting to welcome your guests at Thanksgiving. My favorite part is the table cloth and your stunning dishes.
    Happy Thanksgiving,
    Kippi

November 21, 2019 / 8:14 am

Thanks so much, Kippi! I am so happy I found that tablecloth in storage. It’s funny how sometimes we forget what we have! Thanks again and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

15. November 21, 2019 / 1:30 am

Shelley,
    Your Thanksgiving table looks lovely and inviting for a meal with family and friends. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family,

Judith

November 21, 2019 / 8:16 am

Thank you, Judith! I can’t believe Thanksgiving is almost here! Great hopping with you and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

November 21, 2019 / 4:52 pm

Thank you, Amy!

16. November 21, 2019 / 5:04 pm

Shelley, from the kitchen to the dining room to the bar cart, all your Thanksgiving tablescapes and vignettes are beautiful. I love how dramatic your dining room is. The tablecloth is perfect for the holiday. I love your wheat bundles!! I love decorating my bar cart too. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family.

November 21, 2019 / 9:19 pm

Thank you, Carol! Yes, bar carts – so much fun to decorate! Thanks so much for your sweet comment and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

17. Terry
    November 21, 2019 / 6:28 pm

I just found your site! It’s refreshing to see traditional decor. Your dining room is beautiful. I have my grandparent’s dining room furniture which is dark wood. I’m over the farmhouse look everywhere!

November 21, 2019 / 9:23 pm

Thank you so much, Terry! I’m so happy you found me and that you appreciate traditional decor. Hooray for dark wood furniture! Thanks again for stopping by!

18. November 22, 2019 / 4:26 pm

So pretty and festive Shelley! I wish I had thought to recycle my mums inside as you did — tucking that idea away for next year. While we were in Philly for two weeks because of my son’s surgery, it snowed and froze the mums solid. They actually looked black, burnt! So, for outside, we pulled out the mums and popped a giant pumpkin in each. That way, I still have color on either side of the front door to welcome guests, and out on the covered porch to enjoy the view from the kitchen.

December 2, 2019 / 8:58 am

Thanks Debbee! That’s a great idea to replace the mums with pumpkins. This is such a hard time of year to take care of anything outside!

19. Chloe Crabtree
    November 22, 2019 / 5:10 pm

What a cozy and welcoming home you have styled for Thanksgiving. The burgundy chrysanthemum looks fantastic and your seagrass chairs look ready to welcome guests to come and sit for awhile. I always love your blue dining room, and you have set it elegantly! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

December 2, 2019 / 9:02 am

Thanks so much, Chloe! As much as I love summer, I do enjoy making my home as cozy as possible in the fall and winter. Thanks for the sweet comment!

20. November 23, 2019 / 12:39 am

Thanks for the lovely tour, Shelley! Love your classic-styled home; the Thanksgiving colors work so well with your decor. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

December 2, 2019 / 9:08 am

Thanks so much, Lora! I definitely like using the warmer colors this time of year! Great hopping with you!

21. November 23, 2019 / 2:12 pm

Hi Shelley! So, I love the tablecloth right off the bat. Plus, you know we have twin dining room wall colors, and I love getting ideas for mine based on how you’ve styled yours. 😉 I have yet to put much on our blank blue walls, so I’m admiring your fruit plate display as one option! Everything looks so lovely and well appointed. Happy Thanksgiving!

December 2, 2019 / 9:11 am

Thanks, Crissy! Yes, what fun to be able to get ideas from each other because of our wall colors! Thanks again for stopping by!

22. November 24, 2019 / 12:06 pm

Oh, my goodness. Everything is beautiful. My favorites are the wheat on the table and that fabulous tablecloth.

December 2, 2019 / 9:13 am

Thank you Carol! Yes, my wheat bundles have been busy making the rounds this year! Thanks for swinging by!

23. November 26, 2019 / 3:53 pm

What a beautiful and cozy thanksgiving home.

December 2, 2019 / 9:15 am

Thanks, Joanne! I just love this cozy time of year!

December 2, 2019 / 9:18 am

Thanks, Cristy! I guess it helps to shop the house, doesn’t it? Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!

24. November 28, 2019 / 4:22 pm

Shelley I am so happy to be visiting your beautiful home on Thanksgiving Day as all your beautiful photos capture the essence of late fall and Thanksgiving. Your home looks so warm and welcoming for the holiday. I totally love that tablecloth and the pears and fruits theme for harvest time.

I hope you are having a wonderful Thanksgiving! Thanks for joining the hop!

December 2, 2019 / 9:34 am

I can’t believe how I found that tablecloth in my storage at the perfect time. Nice when things just fall together. Thank you so much for your kind words and for hosting! Hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving!

25. November 28, 2019 / 11:39 pm

I love that tablecloth and the beautiful chargers and dishes with the ticking napkin. It’s beautiful! Fun to hop with you! Happy Thanksgiving!

December 2, 2019 / 9:36 am

Thanks, Kristin! It’s always nice to find a tablecloth to use as a starting point. Thanks for swinging by and so great to hop with you!

26. November 30, 2019 / 9:11 pm

Thank you for sharing at #OverTheMoon. Pinned and shared. Have a lovely week. I hope to see you at next week’s party too! Happy Holiday!

December 2, 2019 / 9:39 am

Thanks, Marilyn! Always appreciate your comments and thank you for pinning and sharing! Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving!