Christmas Table with White Ceramic Village

Are you looking for ideas to decorate your table this Christmas?  How about setting a Christmas table with a white ceramic village…

For the past year, I have been collecting white ceramic houses so I decided to use them for my Christmas table.

white ceramic houses on table

Since we are just hosting breakfast, we will be eating in the kitchen instead of the dining room.

This allowed me to decorate my table in a more casual style, which I prefer anyway.  Plus, our kitchen is usually flooded with light in the morning hours.  It’s even brighter when the sun actually comes out from behind the clouds.  Unfortunately, we haven’t had many of those days lately!

Christmas Table setting with white ceramic houses

For the centerpiece, I used a long piece of burlap and scattered fresh greenery cut from my landscaping plants.  Then I just laid the white ceramic houses down the middle.

Even though I used fresh greens on the table, I recently used faux greens for the chandelier. You can read all about that project at Easy Way to Decorate a Chandelier for Christmas.

white ceramic houses on table runner

Adding a few red ornaments gives a little pop of color to the mostly neutral table.

As much as I love when other people decorate in neutrals, I usually need at least some color on my Christmas table.  Reds and greens just feel so festive to me.  Plus, what other time of year can you get away with that color combination?

White Ceramic Church

Setting the church in the middle of all the houses made the most sense, being that it is a Christmas tablescape…

I think sometimes we get so caught up in the decorating and the running around that we overlook the real meaning of Christmas.

christmas village table setting

From there, I decided to use black and white for the plates and place mats.

Most of the time I decorate a table, I have a general plan but the details are all trial and error.

White ceramic houses

Using the white ceramic houses for my Christmas table was the only definite part of my plan.

black and white place setting

After trying a few different colored napkins, only the white ones felt right to me.

As you can see, the plates also have houses on them which tie into the whole Christmas village theme.

christmas plates on holiday table

You might notice that the houses on the plates are snow covered, which sparked an idea to put artificial snow down the center of the table.  In the end, I decided to go with the fresh greenery instead.  The “snow” would have made everything too white.

How would I add fake snow, you ask?  Well, I was going to use coconut shavings like I had seen on some gingerbread house displays.  I even have a few bags of the unsweetened kind which wouldn’t be as sticky as the sweetened.  Incidentally, I should have used the coconut on a recent gingerbread house project instead of the baking soda I did use.  Different story…but what a mess that ended up being…

Christmas place setting idea

After looking at the place setting again, I am satisfied with the combination of black and white.

Christmas Table with White Ceramic Village

Too much color would be distracting…

white ceramic christmas houses

After all, I have to let these cute ceramic houses be the center of attention!

I hope you were inspired by my Christmas village table setting!

Christmas Table Sources:

I have provided sources below for your convenience.  Please note that this post contains some affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking my links at no additional cost to you.

Here are some related Christmas table ideas:

How are you decorating your table for Christmas?

Christmas Village Table Setting - Ideas to set a black and white table with ceramic houses as the centerpiece.

1. December 19, 2018 / 9:29 am

I love how it turned out. I have the same plates and love them too.

December 19, 2018 / 9:50 am

Thanks, Lauren! I got mine at Homegoods…I need to update the post with sources. Enjoy your day!

2. December 19, 2018 / 9:45 am

What a pretty table, love the village theme! Yes, I have my big Christmas table done. Plus I just swapped out the casual table from an Asian Christmas theme over to a more traditional look to use my everyday Christmas dishes this year. Isn’t this season fun?!!!

December 19, 2018 / 9:52 am

Thanks so much, Carole! Originally, I had the houses scattered around different rooms but then decided it would be fun to put them all together. Yes, it’s so much fun to decorate this time of year! Merry Christmas!

3. December 19, 2018 / 10:25 am

Very pretty, I would expect to find the Gilmore girls in there in miniature, coffee in hand, of course! Merry Christmas! Cath in Australia.

December 19, 2018 / 10:34 am

Thanks – and what a cute thought! Merry Christmas!

4. Leigh Daugherty
    December 19, 2018 / 11:30 am

Perfect table setting! Adorable white houses! Love your kitchen & dining area.
    Where did you get your chandelier? I’ve been looking for that style . Thanks!

December 19, 2018 / 12:00 pm

Thank you so much, Leigh! What a sweet comment! The chandelier is from Pottery Barn from about 3 years ago. I don’t think they carry it anymore. Visual Comfort makes a similar one (classic shaded chandelier) but it’s a lot more expensive! Capital Lighting also makes one called Pearson. It’s not exact but close in style. Hope that helps! Thanks for stopping by!

5. Bonnie Morgan
    December 19, 2018 / 11:59 am

Delightful and charming. Very creative, Shelley. 🎄❤️🎄

December 19, 2018 / 12:02 pm

Aw, thank you Bonnie! Have a Merry Christmas!

6. December 19, 2018 / 4:02 pm

Shelley… Your table is so charming. I absolutely LOVE the white houses! It adds so much interest to the table. I love your china too. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New year!!

December 19, 2018 / 4:37 pm

Thank you so much! I thought they would be fun to play around with. I didn’t realize I had so many until I put them all together. Merry Christmas to you too!

7. paulasweetpea
    December 20, 2018 / 6:36 pm

What a beautiful table! I love the houses in the center and especially love your beautiful plates.

December 20, 2018 / 8:27 pm

Thanks, Paula! I bought those plates a couple years ago and never used them.

8. diy180
    December 27, 2018 / 8:36 am

Your tablescape is beautiful. I saw these lovely houses at Target and now I wished I had gotten them. Thank you for sharing at Dishing it and Digging it link party, you are this coming Sunday’s features. Happy New Year’s

December 27, 2018 / 9:08 am

Thank you so much! That Target dollar spot area is the best, isn’t it? Thank you for the feature and enjoy the rest of your week!

9. December 30, 2018 / 4:15 pm

Love your Christmas table! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

December 30, 2018 / 4:42 pm

Thank you so much, Cindy! Happy New Year!

10. Rebecca Tillett
    January 1, 2019 / 12:43 am

Your table is beautiful. Love the white houses.

January 1, 2019 / 3:01 pm

Thank you, Rebecca! I almost don’t want to put the houses away now that Christmas is over!

11. January 13, 2019 / 6:53 am

Hi Shelley, I’m finally getting a chance to look at your Christmas table and certainly love the combination you pulled together. The white village is so elegant and the plates are gorgeous!

January 13, 2019 / 9:20 am

Thank you so much, Michelle! I found those plates at Homegoods awhile back and couldn’t wait to use them in a table setting. When I started playing around with the white village, I realized how much I liked them together. It’s always fun to experiment with table settings! Thanks again for your kind words.