As we all know, there are so many places in our homes where we can add touches of fall.
Ever since I purchased a bar cart for my dining room, I have been thinking of new ways to style it. Originally, I kept the styling very simple so it would blend in with my freshly painted dining room. Now that the fall season is here, the bar car seems like the perfect spot to add some fall decor! Just to alert you, these decorated bar cart ideas are more about the decorations and less about the “bar” so don’t expect a whole bunch of alcohol-inspired looks!
Here are 3 ideas to decorate a bar car for fall…
In my first bar cart example, I used neutrals colors which help prevent the decor from competing with a bold wall color.
A cozy candle helps keep this corner from being too dark.
A bundle of wheat, a white pumpkin and a basket of mums give a neutral/textured feel.
I actually used a couple of these pieces in a recent table setting in my kitchen.
In order to give the bottom shelf some height, a large mum and some more pumpkins work perfectly.
Since this back corner doesn’t get much light, I will have to be careful keeping these mums in this spot. They actually need more light than this…says the woman who kills every plant…
In order to brighten things up, I moved the bar cart to the bay window for my second example…
For my second bar cart example, I enhanced the neutrals by adding blue and white accessories along with a touch of gold.
It always helps to repeat the colors and textures on both shelves to keep it looking cohesive.
With all the bright light in this spot, the glasses and mirrors really sparkle.
What bar cart is complete without a cute set of martini glasses?
Actually, this look is a good transition from summer to fall (for those of us who have a hard time saying goodbye to summer!).
Last, but not least, I used traditional fall colors in my third bar cart example…
The amber colored wine glasses work perfectly for fall… and it helps when you find a bottle of wine with an orange label!
To carry the colors to the shelf below, I just used a vibrant wreath from my storage. In the past, I have used this wreath on my front door for fall.
There’s no confusion on the seasons with this one!
Some people don’t like to use orange in their fall decor but I have always loved some color in my home!
Plus, darker colors feel cozy for autumn. Cheers to October!!
It’s always fun to play around with accessories, isn’t it? I swear, this bar car is like a new toy to me!
I hope I inspired you with my 3 bar carts decorated for fall!
I have provided sources below for your convenience. Please note that this post contains some affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking my links.
Bar Cart Sources:
- Round gold bar cart – Pottery Barn (discontinued) similar gold bar cart
- Faux white pumpkins – Michael’s, or these assorted sizes of white pumpkins
- Apple baskets – probably Michael’s but here is a great price for a dozen.
- Wheat bundle – Michael’s, this one is also similar to mine
- Blue martini glasses – wedding gift from 20 years ago! I found the gorgeous ones too!
- Blue and white porcelain – Homegoods, wedding, etc., this vase has a similar look to mine, another pretty vase.
- Orange velvet pumpkin – Homegoods and this pretty set.
- Amber colored wine glasses – Southern Living at Home (discontinued), this set of amber wine glasses has a more traditional shape and the price is great!
- Faux leaf wreath – Homegoods, but this is also a pretty harvest wreath.
Which fall bar cart is your favorite?
I’d love for you to follow along so you don’t miss a post!
Follow by email – HERE