Simple Fall Table Setting with White Pumpkins

Recently, I swung by the local garden center and picked up some mini white pumpkins and a few Chrysanthemums.

With so many natural accessories available this time of year, it’s easy to set a simple fall table setting!

Farmhouse Kitchen table decorated with mums and white pumpkins

I just happened to find this little wooden basket lying around from last year.

Since the basket was the perfect size, I plopped in a simple mum and added two white pumpkins on either side for a no-fuss centerpiece.

White Kitchen decorated with neutrals for fall

Because my kitchen is white with some wood tones, it made sense to decorate the table the same way.

Simple Fall Table with White Pumpkins on place settings

For a quiet splash of color, I used these napkins from Homegoods.

Placing a mini white pumpkin on top of each napkin is an easy way to add some fall decor to each place setting.

White pumpkins and mums on kitchen table

Since I haven’t found any larger (real) white pumpkins yet, I just used a couple faux pumpkins from Michael’s Craft Store for the center of the table.

The artificial pumpkins are looking better and better these days so it’s nice to mix them in with real ones.

Farmhouse style kitchen table decorated for fall

A burlap table runner is so versatile with the way it blends in with most styles.

Farmhouse kitchen with fall tablesetting

On a recent shopping trip to World Market, I picked up the wooden candlesticks.  I have a feeling I will get a lot of use out of them!

After all, every table setting needs some candles!

Place setting with blue and white checked place mat and white pumpkin

The blue and white checked place mats from Pottery Barn make the perfect backdrop for each setting and coordinates so well with the napkins.

Of course, you can’t go wrong with basic white dishes to complete the look.

Top view of kitchen table with burlap runner

Rattan chargers go with almost everything as well.

Top view of kitchen table decorated for fall with mums and white pumpkins

My table setting ended up having a casual farmhouse vibe…which I think is perfect for fall.

Pumpkins and candles on rustic fall tablesetting

Burning  a couple candles makes the room feel so cozy for fall.

I always use unscented candles for table settings so they don’t overpower the food.

Fall place setting with white pumpkin

Farmhouse Style Kitchen Table Decorated for Fall

After several rainy days, the sun finally appeared today and filled my kitchen with light.

Fall tablesetting with burlap runner and mums

Now, I just hope the mums survive inside!  From what I have learned, mums can be kept indoors as long as they are exposed to enough light and are watered regularly.  Sounds easy enough…but then again I’ve killed every other plant.  Why do I think I will be successful with these?  Oh well, it can’t hurt to try!

Thanks for stopping by to see my latest table setting!  If you love white pumpkins as much as I do, be sure to visit my other white pumpkin posts for more inspiration!

Have you used white pumpkins on your fall table?

Farmhouse Table set for fall using white pumpkins and mums

1. September 28, 2018 / 8:16 am

So pretty Shelley. I haven’t bought the first pumpkin this year. I refuse until fall weather gets here. I am so over this muggy heat! Hope you have a great weekend!

September 28, 2018 / 8:37 am

Thanks, Kim! It took me awhile to get in the fall mood. Luckily we had a couple cooler days which helped. If only this rain would stop now! Enjoy your weekend too!

2. cynthiahattersley
    September 28, 2018 / 9:35 am

This is so simple and pretty Shelley! I am on the less is more bandwagon!

September 28, 2018 / 10:21 am

Thanks, Cindy! I agree with you about less is more! I just can’t get enthusiastic about dragging all those bins up from the basement only to clutter up my house!

3. September 28, 2018 / 1:03 pm

What a beautiful table setting! I love those napkins! The PERFECT addition to the table!

Happy fall!
    karianne

September 28, 2018 / 3:10 pm

Thanks Karianne! I love it when a set of inexpensive napkins helps pull a whole table together. Thanks for stopping by and happy fall!

4. September 28, 2018 / 1:27 pm

I absolutely love your table! The neutrals are so subtle, and I also love the chargers. I think we have the same plates!

September 28, 2018 / 3:12 pm

Thanks Tanya! Gotta love those Mikasa Italian Countryside dishes! Enjoy your weekend!

5. Becky
    September 30, 2018 / 2:00 pm

Shelley, you do such a nice job…inspiring, for sure! I have some similar candle holders and sometimes use them for small pumpkins instead of candles.

September 30, 2018 / 2:42 pm

Thanks so much, Becky and great idea for the candle holders. I’ll have to try that… Thanks for stopping by!

6. October 1, 2018 / 10:20 am

This is a very pretty table setting! The white pumpkins are perfect!

October 1, 2018 / 10:41 am

Thanks Candice! White pumpkins are always my favorite for fall!

7. October 1, 2018 / 8:42 pm

I love the simplicity of your tablescape. I use a burlap runner on ours because it goes with everything. But I think I need to look for new napkins and placemats this year before everything gets picked over. I love yours!

October 1, 2018 / 8:51 pm

Thanks so much, Carol! Burlap runners really are versatile aren’t they? Enjoy your week!