Are you ready for Thanksgiving? Today, I’m sharing my elegant Thanksgiving table setting to give you some ideas for your table. Since I went with a more formal look this time, I decorated with a neutral color scheme which included plenty of white pumpkins. Hopefully, you’ll find some inspiration for your table!
Ideas for an Elegant Thanksgiving Table Setting:
For holidays, I like to use my china and crystal for an elegant feel.
On top of my formal china, I added a simple Thankful” plate to acknowledge the holiday. After all, sometimes we forget to slow down and appreciate life…and well, be thankful!
Elegant Thanksgiving Table Setting with Textures and Natural Items:
To keep the table from being too formal, I mixed in natural elements and textures. I always try to find a balance between pretty and practical. In my opinion, sometimes an overly formal table can feel a little stuffy and uninviting.
White Linens are Simple and Elegant:
You can’t go wrong with crisp white linens on an elegant Thanksgiving table setting. For this table, I simply placed my white napkins under my “thankful” plate.
As a base, I used a plain white tablecloth…once again, just simple and elegant. Since the linens are white, the table runner and place settings stand out more.
With a white background, you’re able to notice subtle details more. For example, you can see how the gold writing on the “thankful” plates coordinates with the gold rim around my china.
An Elegant Centerpiece with Seasonal Items:
For Thanksgiving, you can’t go wrong with white pumpkins, pine cones and some eucalyptus for the centerpiece. Why not use seasonal items when you can?
The large pumpkin is a faux one from Michael’s. At one point, I actually had a real white pumpkin but I somehow misplaced it. Seriously, do not ask me how I managed to “lose” a pumpkin but I did! I am thinking that it might have been thrown out when I disposed of the rotting carved Halloween pumpkins but I have no idea!
Faux pumpkins will work when you can’t get a real one. This faux one actually isn’t too bad, I mean if you squint a little…Plus, it won’t rot. No one wants a rotting pumpkin on their table, do they?
Each fall, I have been buying little white pumpkins and I can’t imagine I will ever get tired of them. Of course it helps that they seem to stay fresh for a long time too. At least I didn’t lose those!
Once again, all the neutral and whites contribute to the elegant look.
Even though, I think decorative runners are also pretty, I prefer plain or textured ones so the centerpiece can stand out more. This way I can add a bunch of items down the center without it looking too busy.
Once Thanksgiving gets here, I will be adding a few more chairs and place settings. Every year, we host a large crowd so we even have to set the kitchen table for the overflow.
But that’s what Thanksgiving is all about anyway. Sure it’s fun to set a pretty table but the people are the important part!
Hopefully, I’ve inspired you with ways to decorate an elegant Thanksgiving table setting of your own!
Thank you for stopping by and have a Happy Thanksgiving!
I have provided sources below for your convenience. Please note that this post contains some affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking my links.
Sources for an Elegant Thanksgiving Table Setting with White Pumpkins:
- China – Lenox Courtyard Gold and Ivory Dinner Plates
- Thankful Plates – Crate and Barrel (they have different versions now) Or go with this look – so adorable!
- White Napkins – Williams Sonoma or these white cotton napkins which are also 20 inches
- Rattan Chargers – Pier One (similar chargers)
- Burlap Runner- Crate and Barrel (discontinued) now they carry this textured one. Here is a nubby hemp version (or your could try this option for a burlap table runner)
- Silverware – International Silver
- Crystal – Noritake (but I can’t remember the name of the pattern)
- Large White Faux pumpkin- Michael’s (in store) but this cream pumpkin is similar and this ceramic pumpkin is very pretty,
- Mini White Pumpkins – Mine are real but here is a set of mini white pumpkins and these raffia pumpkins are adorable!
- Elegant Centerpiece – if you want the look of my centerpiece without the work, this floral arrangement is very similar.
1. Katherine’s Corner 2. Venice Beach QT Pie 3. Blue Willow House 4. Calypso in the Country (that’s me!) 5. Debbie This and That 6. Cozi Nest 7. Gr8tful 8. Nancy’s Fashion and Style 9. French Ethereal 10. The Bespoke Lifestyle 11. Christines Home and Travel Adventures 12. Gwin Gals’s Inside Out Adventures 13. Belle Bleu Interiors 14. Follow the Yellow Brick Home
What are your tips for an elegant Thanksgiving table setting?
Follow along so you don’t miss a post!
Subscribe by email – HERE