Are you ready for Thanksgiving? Today, I’m sharing my elegant Thanksgiving table setting to give you some ideas for your table. Since I went with formal look this time, I decorated with a neutral color scheme and plenty of white pumpkins. Hopefully, you’ll find some inspiration for your Thanksgiving table!
*For your convenience, please note that this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking my links below, I will receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you).
Ideas for an Elegant Thanksgiving Table Setting:
For holidays, I like to use my china and crystal for an elegant feel. Since each piece was a wedding gift, they make large family gatherings feel even more meaningful.
On top of my formal china, I added a simple Thankful” plate to acknowledge the holiday. After all, sometimes we forget to slow down and appreciate life…and well, be thankful!
Elegant Thanksgiving Table Setting with Textures and Natural Items:
To keep the table from being too formal, I mixed in natural elements and textures
When decorating a holiday table, I always try to find a balance between pretty and practical. In my opinion, sometimes an overly formal table can feel a little stuffy and uninviting. My goal is to make my guests feel welcome so they linger at the table and enjoy themselves!
White Linens are Simple and Elegant:
You can’t go wrong with crisp white linens on an elegant Thanksgiving table setting. After all, when you dine at a fancy restaurant, the table linens are usually white. Why not enjoy that same elegance at home?
For this table, I simply placed my white napkins under my “thankful” plate. By the way, if you’d like to see another Thanksgiving table where I used this “thankful” plate, pop over to see my Thanksgiving table with warm fall colors.
As a base, I used a plain white tablecloth…once again, just simple and elegant. Since the linens are white, the table runner and place settings stand out more.
With a white background, you’re able to notice subtle details more. For example, you can see how the gold writing on the “thankful” plates coordinates with the gold rim around my china.
An Elegant Centerpiece with Seasonal Items:
When decorating, I like to use seasonal items when they’re available. During this time of year, it’s easy to create elegant Thanksgiving centerpieces with white pumpkins, pine cones and eucalyptus.
For this centerpiece, I used a large faux pumpkin from Michael’s. At one point, I actually had a real white pumpkin but I somehow misplaced it. Seriously, do not ask me how I managed to “lose” a pumpkin but I did! I’m thinking that I might have thrown it out when I disposed of the rotting carved Halloween pumpkins…but I have no idea!
Anyway, faux pumpkins will work when you can’t get a real one. This faux one actually isn’t too bad, I mean if you squint a little… Plus, it won’t rot. No one wants a rotting pumpkin on their table, do they?
Each fall, I like to buy little white pumpkins. I can’t imagine I’ll ever get tired of them. Of course, it helps that they seem to stay fresh for a long time too. At least I didn’t lose those!
Once again, all the neutral and whites contribute to the elegant look.
Even though, I think decorative runners are pretty, I prefer plain or textured ones so the centerpiece can stand out more. This way, I can add a bunch of items down the center without it looking too busy.
Once Thanksgiving Day arrives, I’ll be adding a few more chairs and place settings. Every year, we host a large crowd so we usually set the kitchen table for the overflow. Like most families, we used to call it the “kids’ table”. Though nowadays, we just split up between the two tables. No one seems to mind. Anyway, it’s more important that we’re all celebrating the holiday together.
But that’s what Thanksgiving is all about, isn’t it? Sure, it’s fun to set a pretty table but it’s the people that matter the most!
Hopefully, I’ve inspired you with ways to decorate an elegant Thanksgiving table setting of your own!
Thank you for stopping by and have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Sources for an Elegant Thanksgiving Table Setting with White Pumpkins:
- China – discontinued by you can find some here – Lenox Gold and Ivory Dinner Plates
- Thankful Plates – (Crate and Barrel discontinued) – these are a more casual look.
- White Napkins – Williams Sonoma or these white cotton napkins which are also 20 inches
- Rattan Chargers – Pier One (similar chargers)
- Burlap Runner- Crate and Barrel (discontinued) now they carry this textured one. Here is a nubby hemp version (or your could try this option for a burlap table runner)
- Silverware – International Silver
- Crystal – Noritake (but I can’t remember the name of the pattern)
- Large White Faux pumpkin- Michael’s (in store) but here are various faux pumpkins and gourds.
- Mini White Pumpkins – Mine are real but here are some cute faux ones.
- Elegant Centerpiece – if you want the look of my centerpiece without the work, this floral arrangement is very similar.
Today, I’m participating in the Give Thanks Tablescape Blog Tour hosted by the lovely Katherine of Katherine’s Corner. Be sure to stop by and see all the other beautiful Thanksgiving table settings on the tour…
1. Katherine’s Corner 2. Venice Beach QT Pie 3. Blue Willow House 4. Calypso in the Country (that’s me!) 5. Debbie This and That 6. Cozi Nest 7. Gr8tful 8. Nancy’s Fashion and Style 9. French Ethereal 10. The Bespoke Lifestyle 11. Christines Home and Travel Adventures 12. Gwin Gals’s Inside Out Adventures 13. Belle Bleu Interiors 14. Follow the Yellow Brick Home
What are your tips for an elegant Thanksgiving table setting?
Follow along so you don’t miss a post!
Subscribe by email – HERE