Christmas Kitchen – Simple Decorating Ideas

Since, we renovated our kitchen this past summer, I wasn’t sure how much (or little) I would be decorating it for Christmas.  Part of me wanted to go all out with decorations and part of me wanted to keep it simple and enjoy the newness of the space.

I decided to stay simple…

Fresh Greens on Chandelier

This was the first year I used fresh greens in here.  I love the way they dress up the chandelier just enough.  I didn’t love trying to get the sap off my hands afterwards!  (Pop over to see how I decorated my chandelier for Christmas to see how I’ve decorated it since then.)

I might end up adding something to the middle of the island…but for now the space is being used for baking cookies!

Deer on White Stove Hood

Originally, I thought I would put a wreath above the hood, but I love the color and shape of the deer against the white.  The brown also works with the wood floors and island.

Simple Christmas Decor in Kitchen

Yeah, I guess that island looks a little bare…

Christmas Candle with Cranberries

I love using cranberries with my candles.  They seem to last a long time too.

Simple Christmas Decor in Kitchen

Christmas Kitchen Towels

The wreath towel is from Homegoods and the red checked one is from Crate and Barrel last year.  You can never have enough checks and plaids…especially this time of year!

Christmas Kitchen

White beadboard behind shelf

I thought I would fill up the shelf with more but ended up liking the simple look.

Christmas glass cabinets

Since the kitchen is still new to me, I am still playing around with my glass cabinets.  Adding a few red wine glasses up top gives a nice red glow.

Snow scene inside jar
My son put this red truck and trees inside a glass jar for me.  I finally bought a few of these jars after seeing them all over different blogs and loving the way the trees and snow (epsom salt) look inside.  Target has the jars for a great price!

Pier One Holiday Tray

I bought this tray at Pier One recently and was happy to see that it is ‘food safe’ too.  Most of the time when you buy these cute decorative trays, they aren’t.  Now what sense does that make?

White Stove Hood

Snowman Vignette

Back in the corner, I have my snowman vignette with only a few candy canes left.  Those kids of mine keep sneaking them.  In previous years, I ended up switching the candy canes to colorful straws.  I guess I better look for those straws again…

Merry Christmas sign

Fresh greens and pine cones

I used some fresh greens and pine cones for the window sill.

Christmas in the kitchen

In previous years, I have hung ornaments or wreaths in the window but I am still enjoying my new bigger windows.  I don’t want to block all that light!

Christmas window sill

I hope you enjoyed my simple decorating ideas for Christmas…in the kitchen.

Thanks for stopping by!

Simple decorating ideas for Christmas in the Kitchen

1. Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest
    December 15, 2015 / 2:31 pm

Very pretty – love the greenery!

2. Simply LKJ
    December 15, 2015 / 2:46 pm

Love the simplicity. We went with less this year and are enjoying having some breathing room. Your kitchen turned out gorgeous. A nice dough bowl or tiered tray would be great for your island. Functional, and easy to change out for the various holidays/seasons.

3. marty (A Stroll Thru Life)
    December 15, 2015 / 2:51 pm

This kitchen is such a dream it doesn't need anything, but your decor is perfect.

4. Laurel Stephens
    December 15, 2015 / 3:56 pm

Your kitchen is so beautiful, and I agree, let that beautiful architecture shine through with just the right amount of simple decorating. Perfect. I love your chandelier!

5. Andrea at Blue House Happy Home
    December 15, 2015 / 4:15 pm

Love simple decorations, so much better than over the top. If you do put something on the island I'd keep it simple and easy to move. Nothing should stand in the way of cookie making!

6. Vel Criste
    December 15, 2015 / 7:59 pm

Love it! Just the right amount of Christmas in a gorgeous new kitchen Shelley!

7. Leslie Harris
    December 15, 2015 / 10:17 pm

I agree Shelley. You don't need much with a kitchen like yours…I can understand wanting to relish the beauty of the finished room! I hope you're having a fun season with the boys. :)xoLeslie

8. Courtney@Golden Boys and Me
    December 15, 2015 / 11:21 pm

Looks beautiful, Shelley! I never tire of seeing pictures of that gorgeous kitchen.

9. Julie @ followyourheartwoodworking
    December 16, 2015 / 2:51 am

Beautiful kitchen, makes me want to tear mine apart! (visiting from DIY by design)

10. Kim @ Savvy Southern Style
    December 16, 2015 / 1:22 pm

Simple is good and I love your festive additions.

11. Emy Flint
    December 16, 2015 / 3:22 pm

The little truck in the jar is so cute! I need to raid my kid's toys! I love your kitchen. So beautiful.

12. Carol
    December 17, 2015 / 3:51 pm

Your kitchen is just gorgeous, Shelley, and simple works perfectly!

13. Suzanne
    December 19, 2015 / 2:23 am

So pretty! You must be loving that new kitchen!

14. Rita C.
    December 20, 2015 / 10:43 pm

Shelley, what a great looking kitchen! It's outstanding even without the decor, but all your touches make it really festive. Love the natural greens, and the jar with truck, trees & snow. Of course, I am a total sucker for textiles, and that combo is as cute as it can be! Merry Christmas!Rita C at Panoply

15. My Kentucky Living
    December 21, 2015 / 2:00 am

Your kitchen looks wonderful. I have some cranberries to make candle like yours. I love using fresh and natural things at Christmas…though some of mine are faux. I am a tea towel collector also, and yes you can not have too many cute ones. ha! Also, I love the jar your son fixed up with his truck. I need one. My son is grown but we still have a few cars in a box somewhere. ha. Visiting from Dwellings…plus I subscribe to your blog too. Sheila

16. Amy Johnson
    December 21, 2015 / 3:37 pm

Such an amazing kitchen. That island is to die for! Love the reindeer above the stove and how you did the light fixture.

17. Sarah
    December 22, 2015 / 2:39 am

I think you did an amazing job with the kitchen decorations. Love the simplicity of the greens and a touch here and there. You have a gorgeous kitchen.

18. LZ Cathcart
    December 28, 2015 / 1:34 am

I am definitely LOVING the fresh greens! Gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining at the Creative Circle link party 🙂

19. Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home
    December 28, 2015 / 2:10 am

Beautiful Christmas kitchen!Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!Blessings,Cindy

20. Fred Richardson
    January 18, 2016 / 6:11 am

I have never thought about decorating my kitchen for Christmas, but it makes complete sense. After all, I spend a large part of my time around Christmas in the kitchen baking treats. Why shouldn't it be as beautiful as the rest of the house? Next year, I'm going to follow your lead. Thanks for the beautiful example to follow.Fred Richardson @ SGK Home Solutions

21. Sherry Nappa
    July 30, 2017 / 9:35 pm

Love the kitchen Christmas decor. The greenery gives it that holiday feel.