Because we all need to escape every now and then…
Here are 10 Ways to Bring the Islands into Your Life:
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase something, I will receive a small commission with no change in price for you.
1. Beadboard! To me there is almost nothing that says the beach like a beadboard ceiling…or bead board walls…
2. Plantation Shutters – Now what else could possibly say island more than plantation shutters? They work in a traditional house, a cottage, a beach house, a southern house…
3. An afternoon nap…Outside. I always find time when I am on vacation to take a nap but when I am at home – never. I really need to work on this one more!
4. Paint your toes! If you are going to wear sandals, celebrate the warm weather with a little color on those piggies!
See, now if I had painted my toes, this would be a much nicer picture!
5. Dark woods with light walls.
Bedroom at Regent Palms, Turks and Caicos.
Chair also at Regent Palms, Turks and Caicos.
Bedroom at Jumby Bay, Antigua.
(I guess I could add four poster bed to the list too!)
6. Mangoes! There is nothing like a nice Mango Avocado Salsa, or a mango martini, or even just a fresh mango cut up to remind you of the islands.
7. A good travel book… and speaking of mangoes…
I would read any book with mangoes in the title but I can honestly tell you I LOVE this book! And if you didn’t love the Caribbean before, you will after reading this book! Follow along with a husband and wife’s sailing journey through the islands. I swear, you will feel like you are right there with them. It will also inspire you to travel and get to really know the Caribbean and the people who live there.
8. Tropical plants and flowers in your house.
9. Natural textures like seagrass, sisal, wicker…
And adding some white sheer panels doesn’t hurt either!
(Bedroom in Point Grace, Turks and Caicos)
10. Shells, shells and more shells…(even my name is Shell!)
You can always find ways to display shells.
My list could go on and on but I thought I would narrow it down to 10.
What ways have you brought the islands into your life?