A Quaint Country Town

The other day I took my mom out for her birthday lunch in the scenic town of Sergeantsville, New Jersey.  Sergeantsville is located in southwestern Hunterdon County, NJ.  I actually lived nearby until I was about four years old!

Sergeantsville NJ

Can you understand why she chose
 this charming and sentimental place for our outing?

Just west of the picturesque village you will find the last covered bridge still standing in New Jersey…

Sergeantsville Covered Bridge

Last Covered Bridge in NJ

Covered Bridge in Sergeantsville NJ

Isn’t it beautiful?

I would love to come back here when it’s covered with snow!

Sergeantsville Inn

We enjoyed a delicious lunch in “the library” at the historic Sergeantsville Inn.  It was so special to spend some leisurely time sitting by the fireplace, catching up with my mom.  I can see why she loves this place so much.

It was also wonderful to drive through this beautiful area of New Jersey.  Not much has changed over the years.

Country Road in Sergeantsville NJ

Such a lovely place to be in the fall!

I was disappointed to learn that last year was the 40th and final year of the town’s “Thanksgiving in the Country” house tour!  What fun it would be to attend something like that!  You can read more about it here – NJ.com.

Have you been to any places that haven’t changed over the years?

Linking to:

Pieced Pastimes – Saturday Sparks Party Dwellings – Amaze Me Monday Cedar Hill – The Scoop Sand and Sisal – Inspire Me Monday The Dedicated House – Make it Pretty Monday A Stroll Thru Life – Inspire Me Tuesday Cozy Little House – Tweak it Tuesday Savvy Southern Style – Wow Us Wednesdays DIY by Design – Fall into Fall Party The NY Melrose Family – Whimsy Wednesdays A Delightsome Life – Home and Garden Thursday Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson – Share Your Cup Thursday From My Front Porch to Yours – Treasure Hunt Thursday French Country Cottage – Feathered Nest Friday Nancherrow – Fridays Unfolded Craftberry Bush – Inspiration Gallery Chic on a Shoestring – Flaunt it Friday Creativly Living – Monday Funday Party Coastal Charm – Show and Share

1. New Jersey Memories
    November 16, 2014 / 7:05 pm

I love your photos! I'm so glad that you were able to get shots of the covered bridge, which I have never been able to get. They are lovely photos.I did attend the Thanksgiving in the Country several times and posted about it in November 2011. I really missed that celebration this year, but it was an enormous amount of work for them, especially with the bad storms we had in 2011 and 2012. I loved the countryside and those house tours!It's a lovely area and not one that many know about in New Jersey . . .

2. marty (A Stroll Thru Life)
    November 16, 2014 / 7:23 pm

Oh what a wonderful town and I love that bridge too. Such beautiful scenery. So happy you got to spend some special time with your mom on her special day.

3. Vel Criste
    November 16, 2014 / 8:11 pm

It's beautiful Shelley, and how sweet of you to take your mom there again!

4. Mary-Irene
    November 17, 2014 / 2:01 am

What a great piece! I may have to take a drive and visit one Sunday!

5. Laura @ Top This Top That
    November 17, 2014 / 12:35 pm

it looks so quaint and beautiful. my fav part of the country this time of the year is the eastern states and new england. so much charm and history. glad you had a nice day with your mom. happy belated birthday to her~

6. Diva Kreszl
    November 17, 2014 / 1:04 pm

Thank you for sharing this lovely post. As a NJ resident it saddens me to see how poorly we can be represented in the media. We have so much natural beauty here and sadly some people only ever get to see the Turnpike to and from the airports.

7. Cranberry Morning
    November 17, 2014 / 4:09 pm

I'm loving these photos of the bridge and the stone inn. Just lovely! I'm your newest follower. Found you on Amaze Me Monday. 🙂

8. Carol
    November 19, 2014 / 6:32 pm

What a beautiful little town! I'm sure your mom really enjoyed this special outing with you in this lovely setting.

9. Alison Agnew
    November 20, 2014 / 9:31 pm

Beautiful! I just adore charming old towns. Thanks for sharing at Fridays Unfolded!AlisonNancherrow

10. Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow
    November 20, 2014 / 9:39 pm

How lovely it is there! 🙂 We have two covered bridges in one county park in our area…we are lucky. They are at either end of the park; love them.

11. Jann Olson
    November 23, 2014 / 4:00 am

I love quaint towns like this! How fabulous to have that gorgeous covered bridge. Thanks for sharing with SYC.hugs,Jann