Rocking Chairs on Porches – Inspired by Hotels

Finally, we’ve had a few warm, sunny days so it’s time to start enjoying some outdoor living!  How I would love to sit out on a porch and enjoy the beautiful weather!

Since we don’t have a large porch on our home, I am always drawn to porches when I go on vacation.  Apparently, I am drawn to rocking chairs on porches as well because I seem to choose the hotels that have them…

Please note that this post contains affiliate links which means I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking my links (at no additional cost to you!)

Rocking Chairs on Porches – Inspired by Hotels

Turquoise Rocking Chairs

Martha’s Vineyard:

A few years ago, I visited The Harborview Hotel in Martha’s Vineyard for a girls’ getaway.  As you can see, we chose a hotel with gorgeous turquoise rocking chairs facing the ocean.  Even though it was chilly that weekend, we spent as much time as possible out on that porch!

Rocking Chairs on Porch

Similar rocking chair in white / Child-sized turquoise rocking chair / Another style in turquoise

Recently, I learned that the Harborview changed the turquoise chairs to white ones when they renovated the hotel.  Admittedly, I was slightly heartbroken because I thought the turquoise color gave the chairs character.  Obviously, they forgot to consult me when they made the change…

Row of Rocking Chairs on Porch

Regardless of the color, can you imagine sipping a cup of coffee or tea out there in the morning sun?   Note to self…book another trip to Martha’s Vineyard!

Virginia Beach:

Last year for our girls’ weekend, we chose a hotel in Virginia Beach.  Ironically, they had rocking chairs on their porch too!

Wood Rocking Chairs on Brick porch

Similar Wood Rocking Chair

Although those chairs were pretty, they didn’t melt my heart the way the turquoise ones did.  Plus, there was no ocean view.

From there I wasn’t messing around, so I headed to one of the prettiest porches with rocking chairs in the world…

Wood Rocking Chairs on Porch

Waikiki Beach – Oahu, Hawaii:

Last summer, we took our family to Hawaii and stayed at the iconic Westin Moana Surfrider.

Rocking chairs on a porch in a tropical setting – can you get any better than that?

Rocking Chairs on Porch in Hawaii

Similar looking rocking chair in polywood

After an 11 hour flight from the east coast, you can bet I plopped myself down on one of these babies.  What a perfect spot to enjoy the island breezes while watching all the happy vacationers arriving.

Row of Rocking Chairs on Patio

Even though I had fun sitting on the front porch of the hotel, the back patio was an equally relaxing spot to lounge…with a Mai Tai or two!  Best of all, this location had an ocean view and was only a few steps from the bar.  Mai Tais for everyone!

beach umbrellas and ocean

Ka’anapali Beach, Maui:

After a few days in Oahu, we headed to Maui for our next hotel with rocking chairs…

Rocking Chairs by Waterfall

How’s this for an open air lobby?  For the next week, we enjoyed every moment of our stay at the the Westin Maui Resort and Spa!  Of course, we spent some time lounging in their rocking chairs by the waterfall while we were there.

If I ever get my act together, I will write a trip report about our stay in Maui.  Next month, it will be a year since our visit…I guess it’s time I shared that vacation!

Rocking Chairs by waterfall

Similar chair in teak / Another option set of 2 with cushion

Wasn’t that a fun trip down rocking-chair-memory-lane?  When I plan our next vacation, I think I will make rocking chairs a requirement…I’m on a roll.

Have you spotted any pretty rocking chairs on vacation?

Outdoor Living Inspiration from Hotels

Joining these parties:

My Wee Abode – Homestyle Gathering, Celebrate and Decorate – Celebrate Your Story,  The How To Home – Project Inspired Link PartyMy Life Abundant – Wonderful WednesdayDesignthusiasm – Style ShowcaseA Delightsome Life – Home and Garden Thursday,Marilyn’s Treats – Thursday Favorite Things,From Gardners to Bergers – The Handmade Hangout,Two Chicks and a Mom – Funtastic Friday,  The Sway – Saturday Sharefest,  Pieced Pastimes – Saturday Sparks,  A Stroll Thru Life – Inspire Me Tuesday,  My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia – Inspire Me Monday,  The Other Side of the Road – Hello Monday

1. May 21, 2019 / 8:08 am

I’ve stayed at that Maui Weston too, sipping MaiTai’s in the evening. I have rocking chairs on my veranda to enjoy the view as much as possible.

May 21, 2019 / 9:25 am

Isn’t the Westin beautiful? I just heard they renovated some of the pool area so I am sure it’s even more beautiful now! How nice that you have rocking chairs on your veranda. I am sure you enjoy to relax on them! Have a wonderful week, Carole!

2. May 21, 2019 / 8:48 am

Check out the porch on Mackinac Island’s Grand Hotel (in fact, add that to your girl’s weekend itinerary in the summer!). I agree with you — the turquoise would be much better than the white!

May 21, 2019 / 9:28 am

Thanks, Jeanie! I have always heard wonderful things about Mackinac Island! I will run that idea by the girls for a future trip. Unfortunately, we didn’t plan one for this year…but I guess there is still time! Have a great week and thanks for stopping by!

3. May 21, 2019 / 6:39 pm

I totally agree with you! The turquoise ones are the best! What a fun post!

Happy day friend!
    karianne

May 21, 2019 / 6:50 pm

Thank you, dear! That hotel was known for their turquoise chairs…oh well. Have a wonderful week!

4. May 22, 2019 / 9:02 am

Shame that they changed the turquoise chairs for white ones! But with a bit of sun and good company nobody minds the colour of the rocking chairs! All the best, Carolina at Ironmongery Experts.

May 22, 2019 / 10:05 am

I know, I was sad when I saw the photos of the white. Sure, they are pretty but just not as special. Though you are right, it’s the sunshine and company that matters the most! Thanks for stopping by!

5. Theresa @ Shoestring Elegance
    May 23, 2019 / 12:12 pm

Shelley these are absolutely beautiful! I so want a porch like that. It is in my dreams. So glad you get to enjoy it personally. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Thursday favorite things party Pinning to the party board!

May 23, 2019 / 12:35 pm

Thanks so much for pinning, Theresa! Have a great day!

6. May 24, 2019 / 8:11 am

I have a tiny cottage (shed) with a large porch and I need to put some chairs on the porch I love this idea. Pinning.
    Have a great weekend,
    Kippi

May 24, 2019 / 10:23 am

Thanks Kippi! There’s just something about a row of rocking chairs across a porch! Have a great weekend!

7. Debbie- Dabble
    May 24, 2019 / 10:06 am

I LOVE these rocking chairs!!! I wish my little front porch was big enough to have rockers on it. When I was a child, we vacationed in Wildwood, N.J. each Summer and originally stayed in one of the older Hotels that was built in the late 1800’s- early 1900’s and they had a wrap around porch with similar rockers!!! This post brought back wonderful memories!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

May 24, 2019 / 11:04 am

What a nice memory of your childhood. I have only been to Wildwood once but I always love those old hotels…and rocking chairs of course! Thanks for sharing!

8. May 28, 2019 / 1:19 am

Here in So Cal, I have never seen a hotel that has rocking chairs lined up like that. My first experience was in Charlotte, at the airport! So fun to see dozens and dozens of pretty white rocking chairs all through-out the airport! Hope you’ll be joining us at Tuesday Turn About, tomorrow at 3pm PST!

May 28, 2019 / 7:26 am

It’s funny you mentioned the airport in Charlotte because you reminded me about the airport in Savannah! They had them lined up in the waiting area as well! I guess they are really popular in the south. Thanks for stopping by and I will be sure to link up to your Tuesday Turn About party. Have a great day!

9. May 29, 2019 / 9:59 pm

Thank you for sharing at #ThursdayFavoriteThings. Pinned and shared.

May 30, 2019 / 9:54 pm

Thanks Marilyn! I always appreciate the share!

10. June 8, 2019 / 1:13 pm

We spent Memorial Day weekend in Mt. Dora Florida and the history hotel had white rockers lining the front porch. It was the most popular place to be.