Thanksgiving Table Setting with White Pumpkins

Are you ready for Thanksgiving?

With all the last minute rushing and planning, sometimes we forget to slow down and…well, be thankful!

Thankful Table Setting

We host Thanksgiving each year and I always look forward to decorating my table to make our family feel welcome.

Table set with Burlap Runner and White Pumpkins

In the dining room, I like to use my china and crystal to give an elegant feel.

Neutrals and Textures for Thanksgiving

In addition, it’s nice to mix in some neutral colors and textures to keep it from being too formal.

Thanksgiving in the Dining Room

I like to use a white tablecloth but the centerpiece is always different.

These simple “Thankful” plates were a great find.

I love how the gold writing picks up the gold rim around my china.

Elegant Thanksgiving Table

You can’t go wrong with white pumpkins, pine cones and some eucalyptus for the centerpiece.

The large pumpkin is a faux one from Michael’s.  I actually had a real white pumpkin I was going to use but I somehow misplaced it.  Seriously, do not ask me how I managed to “lose” a pumpkin but I did!  I am thinking that it might have been thrown out when I disposed of the rotting carved Halloween pumpkins but I have no idea!

Tablescape with White Pumpkins

Faux pumpkins will work when you can’t get a real one.

This faux one actually isn’t too bad, I mean if you squint a little…Plus, it won’t rot.  No one wants a rotting pumpkin on their table, do they?

Thanksgiving Table mixing casual and formal pieces

I have been buying little white pumpkins each fall and I can’t imagine I will ever get tired of them.  They seem to stay fresh for a long time too.  At least I didn’t lose those!

Thankful for Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving Table in Dining Room

A burlap runner is another great way to add texture.

This burlap runner is from Crate and Barrel.  I always love their tabletop selections.  Even though, I think decorative runners are also pretty, I prefer plain or textured ones so the centerpiece can stand out more.  This way I can add a bunch of items down the center without it looking too busy.

How to do Thanksgiving in a Red Dining Room

I will be adding a few more chairs and place settings on Thanksgiving since we host a large crowd.  We also have to set the kitchen table for the overflow.

Burlap Runner and White Pumpkins for Thanksgiving Centerpiece

But that’s what Thanksgiving is all about anyway.  Sure it’s fun to set a pretty table but the people are the important part!

Casually Elegant Thanksgiving Table

Thankful Place Setting on White Tablecloth

Thank you for stopping by and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Since writing this post, I have painted my dining room so if you would like to see my most recent Thanksgiving Table, pop over to Thanksgiving Table Setting in a Navy Dining Room.

I have provided sources below for your convenience.  Please note that this post contains some affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking my links.

Thanksgiving Table Sources:

China – Lenox Courtyard Gold and Ivory Dinner Plates

Thankful Plates – Crate and Barrel (they have different versions now)

White Napkins – Williams Sonoma or these white cotton napkins which are also 20 inches

Rattan Chargers – Pier One (similar chargers)

Burlap Runner- Crate and Barrel used to carry this but now they have a Similar grass cloth runner  (or your could try this option for a burlap table runner)

Silverware – International Silver

Crystal – Noritake (but I can’t remember the name of the pattern)

Faux pumpkins- Michael’s

I am participating in the Give Thanks Tablescape Blog Tour hosted by the lovely Katherine of Katherine’s Corner.  Be sure to stop by and see all the other beautiful tablescapes in the tour…

1. Katherine’s Corner  2. Venice Beach QT Pie  3. Blue Willow House  4. Calypso in the Country (that’s me!)  5. Debbie This and That  6. Cozi Nest   7. Gr8tful  8. Nancy’s Fashion and Style  9. French Ethereal  10. The Bespoke Lifestyle  11. Christines Home and Travel Adventures  12. Gwin Gals’s Inside Out Adventures 13. Belle Bleu Interiors  14. Follow the Yellow Brick Home

Where are you spending Thanksgiving?

Follow along so you don’t miss a post!

PinterestInstagram / Facebook / Twitter

Thanksgiving Table Setting with White Pumpkins

Linking to these parties:
A Delightsome Life – Home and Garden ThursdayThe Essence of Home – Share Your StyleTwo Chicks and a Mom – Funtastic FridayRattlebridge Farm – Foodie Friday and Everything ElsePieced Pastimes – Saturday SparksSweet Pea – Best of the WeekendThe Sway – Saturday SharefestThe Everyday Home – Share it One More TimeStarfish Cottage – Sundays at HomeFinding Silver Pennies – Silver Pennies SundayInspiration for Moms – Inspiration MondayDwellings – Amaze Me MondayDIY Showoff – That DIY PartyMarilyn’s Treats – Over the MoonA Stroll Thru Life – Inspire Me TuesdayMy Uncommon Slice of Suburbia – Inspire Me MondayCoastal Charm – Show and ShareCedar Hill Farmhouse – The ScoopThe Dedicated House – Make it Pretty MondayHomestories A to Z – Tutorials and Tips PartyJodie Fitz – Reader Tip TuesdaySavvy Southern Style – Wow Us WednesdayDesignthusiasm – Style ShowcaseImparting Grace – Grace at HomeFrench Country Cottage – Feathered Nest FridayCraftberry Bush -Inspiration Gallery My Pinterventures – Merry Monday

1. Ryoma Sakamoto.Japan
    November 22, 2017 / 11:06 am

Good evening! !The current Japan time is 20 o'clock.Thank you for always nice blog message.Ryoma.

2. Marty@A Stroll Thru Life
    November 22, 2017 / 11:59 am

Such a pretty table and I love those Thankful plates. I wish you and your family a very Blessed Thanksgiving.

3. Courtney@Golden Boys and Me
    November 22, 2017 / 1:42 pm

Looks gorgeous, Shelley. I totally understand losing a pumpkin because stuff like that happens here all the time. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

4. Katie Clooney
    November 22, 2017 / 2:05 pm

Your table looks lovely, Shelley! Enjoy your Thanksgiving.

5. G Dazeez
    November 22, 2017 / 2:10 pm

Your table is beautiful! ~Dazee

6. Katherines Corner
    November 22, 2017 / 2:27 pm

Wow, so beautiful, how wonderful you host Thanksgiving for your family! Thank you so much for being part of my tour. Big Hugs and Happy Thanksgiving ( Pinned!)

7. Kim Burdette
    November 22, 2017 / 2:56 pm

So very pretty and I bet it smells divine! What a great idea to add eucalyptus! Happy Thanksgiving!

8. Nikki G
    November 22, 2017 / 5:13 pm

Gorgeous! I lol'd at the losing of the pumpkin. And I love the juxtaposition of the rustic burlap and eucalyptus with the china and all the gold. Digging those curtains and tassels too!:) gwingal

9. Shannon @ Belle Bleu Interiors
    November 23, 2017 / 3:06 am

Shelley, what a beautiful and elegant table. I hope that you and your family have a happy and blessed Thanksgiving!!!

10. Barbara Chapman
    November 25, 2017 / 3:53 pm

Hello Shelley! Your tablesetting is beautiful with all of your Cinderella pumpkins, faux and real! Personally, I really like the new faux pumpkins that have come out on the market ~ they are surprisingly realistic. I understand about losing your pumpkin. I was just looking for some little Christmas trees I was sure I brought with me but perhaps we took them back to our storage units in California, but still… They have GOT to be here somewhere??! Lol! 😉 I hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving. It has been fun being on the Give Thanks blog tour with you!Barb :)@French Ethereal

11. Sharon @ Blue Willow House
    November 26, 2017 / 1:15 am

Your Thanksgiving table is lovely. All of the elements you used worked together to create a peaceful and serene setting. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. So glad you joined the tour.

12. FABBY'S LIVING
    November 28, 2017 / 1:34 am

Your Thanksgiving table is gorgeous with that wonderful centerpiece featuring the white pumpkins.Love your thankful plates too.I love Fall and specially Thanksgiving, I wish it wasn't so close to C'mas so we can enjoy it a little more.Fabby

13. Nellie's Cozy place
    November 28, 2017 / 10:06 am

Lovely Table……your centerpiece is simple yet elegant…..and love those Thankful salad plates, sobeautiful…..Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving.Blessings, Nellie

14. Bonnie
    December 7, 2017 / 2:02 am

You can see I am very behind commenting. I did want to tell you I think your table is very elegant and just right. I love the thankful plates and the simplicity of your table with an elegant feel.I had a house full of company for Thanksgiving for which I am thankful.

15. Marie
    December 7, 2017 / 6:38 am

Hello Shelley,This is Marie @venicebeachqtpie. I participated in Katherine’s “Give Thanks” tour along with you talented bloggers. I absolutely love your Thanksgiving table. Your “Thankful” plates are minimalist but play along so nicely with your formal dinner plates. The white pumpkins are delightful, and I can believe how a pumpkin, even a large one, can get lost in the busy-ness of the Season. How nice you host Thanksgiving for your loved ones. I am sure it was nothing short of a wonderful and memorable event! Love, Marie xo

16. November 11, 2018 / 5:44 pm

Love that you kept this setting simple and elegant. Thanks for sharing your ideas on MM. Pinned and will be including this on this week’s MM roundup.

November 11, 2018 / 5:58 pm

Thank you so much, Erlene! What a nice surprise!