Fruits of the Season – Decorating with Apples

On my latest trip to the store, I couldn’t resist filling a bag with fresh apples.  After all, autumn is apple season!

If you are looking for simple ways to add some fall touches to your home, consider decorating with apples…

Decorating with Red Apples for Fall

For our family, I almost always buy organic apples.  They aren’t always the prettiest so I was happy to find these beauties in the organic section.  Pretty and healthy!  (I think the stray one above is a Pink Lady and the rest are Honeycrisp – my favorites!)

red apples in white bowl

Not only are they pretty, they help add to my fall decor.  Although, they probably won’t last long enough to enjoy them as decorations.

Apples on the windowsill

Almost every day, my younger son and I snack on them.  Unfortunately, my older son has seasonal allergies which cause him to have oral allergies to a few tree fruits, including apples.  Such a shame because he used to love them!

Over the years, I have been decorating with apples for fall.  Here are a few more ideas to get your inspired…

(Please click the link below each photo to direct you to the full post).

Fall Table Setting with Apples

Fall Tablesetting with Apples

Apple Picking and a Simple Recipe

Apple Picking and a Simple Recipe

Autumn on the Mantel with Apples

Autumn on the Mantel with Apples

Fall Mantel with Apples and Pumpkins

Fall Mantel with Apples and Pumpkins

Fruit Bowl filled with apples

Who says fall decorating has to be all about pumpkins?

Are you decorating with apples this season?

What is your favorite apple?

PinterestInstagram / Facebook / Twitter

Decorating with Apples for Fall

1. Stacey
    October 24, 2017 / 12:00 pm

You definitely can't go wrong with apples anytime of the year! 🙂

2. Carole @ From My Carolina Home
    October 24, 2017 / 12:32 pm

We have the Apple Festival here in September, our biggest festival of the year. Our county's economy is heavily dependent on apple farms. I like doing an apple tablescape in the fall too!

3. Katie Clooney
    October 24, 2017 / 12:34 pm

I have apples in my dining room because I am getting sick of mums. I love to use them because they last forever!

4. Lisa @ Shine Your Light
    October 24, 2017 / 12:37 pm

We went on a hayride on Sunday but the bees were so crazy that we skipped the apple picking, and I need to go back after seeing your post! They are great for fall decor! Also, your blog looks beautiful Shelley! Love the makeover!

• Calypso In The Country
      October 24, 2017 / 1:08 pm

Thanks, Lisa! I am still tweaking a few details.

5. Simply LKJ
    October 24, 2017 / 1:03 pm

Love apples, and the varieties make it so easy to decorate with them year round. Love all your images Shelley. Can you son eat them cooked? My daughter has the same reaction to them raw, but can eat them cooked. We were told it alters the chemical makeup that causes the reaction.

• Calypso In The Country
      October 24, 2017 / 1:09 pm

Thanks, Lauren. Yes, my son can eat them cooked. He can also have apple juice because it's pasturized.

6. Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things
    October 24, 2017 / 2:01 pm

I love decorating with fruits and veggies of the season. My favorite apple right now is Jazz.

7. Tanya
    October 24, 2017 / 4:23 pm

Beautiful apple displays. I just love the white bowl.

8. Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
    October 24, 2017 / 5:06 pm

Love the white mixed with the red apples, so pretty!

9. Brenda Pruitt
    October 24, 2017 / 5:12 pm

I love decorating with apples too. Why not decorate with natural elements if we can? I love that white bowl!Brenda

10. Chelsea Finn
    October 25, 2017 / 2:52 am

Love this! I love any kind of fall decorating and apple picking/decorating is always fun!

11. Ellen Ross | Ask Away
    October 25, 2017 / 11:57 am

OMG I love this idea. why didn't I think of this before? XO Ellen from Ask Awaywww.askawayblog.com

12. Calypso In The Country
    October 25, 2017 / 12:10 pm

Thanks everyone – the white bowl is Mikasa Italian Countryside.

13. Pamela
    October 26, 2017 / 10:26 pm

Apples are always so wonderful to decorate with. Our favorite are Honey Crisp.

14. Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas
    October 27, 2017 / 8:51 pm

There is just something about a bowl of apples in the Kitchen!! Love it!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!Hugs,Deb

15. Amber Lyon Ferguson
    October 29, 2017 / 4:16 pm

Your fall mantel with apples and white pumpkins is perfection! I love apples for fall, especially late August and September. Everyone rushes for pumpkins but apples are just perfect for transitioning. I also love them in Christmas decor. Simply beautiful post. Pinning!Amberhttps://followtheyellowbrickhome.com

• Calypso In The Country
      October 29, 2017 / 5:46 pm

Thanks so much Amber! They really are perfect for transitioning. I'll have to display some at Christmas too!

16. Marilyn Lesniak
    November 1, 2017 / 11:33 pm

Congratulations! Your post was my feature pick at #ThursdayFavoriteThings this week. Visit me at https://www.marilynstreats.com on Wednesday evening and to see your feature and grab your badge! All hosts choose their own features from the comments left on their blog so be sure to return to my blog for your badge. I invite you to leave more links to be shared and commented upon. Please don’t forget to add your link numbers or post title so we can be sure to visit!