Help Me Plan My Trip to Martha’s Vineyard!

We just returned from our last ski trip of the season in Vermont.  So bittersweet.  Even though I love spring and warmer weather, I am sad to know we won’t be spending many weekends up north for awhile.  The ski conditions were fabulous this year and the boys are becoming amazing skiers.  My 13 year old can out-ski us all now and is enjoying every minute of it.  He truly loves the sport!

While I unpack the winter clothes one last time, I am beginning to think about my girls weekend scheduled for May.  A group of us are heading to Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts and I cannot wait!  I have never been there but I seemed to have taken over the trip planning…no surprise there.

Edgartown Lighthouse - Martha's Vineyard

photo via wikimedia commons – author Elkman

So far, we know we are staying at the Harbor View Hotel in Edgartown but that’s all we have planned.  I have been reading up on restaurants and things to do but I would love to hear from those of you who have been to Martha’s Vineyard.

What are your favorite restaurants?

What are the must see/must do activities?

Any other tips or suggestions are appreciated!

If you missed my post, Girl Getaways of My Past and Future, you can pop over there to see where we have taken trips in the past.  In that post, I also asked for help with the Martha’s Vineyard planning but I figured I would dedicate a whole post to it now.  Thank you to everyone who gave advice there.  I am taking tons of notes!

Thanks for your help!

I can’t wait to hear what advice you have to give!

I would love for you follow along so you don’t miss a post!

Bloglovin / Instagram / Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest

Pieced Pastimes – Saturday Sparks
Sweet Pea – Best of the Weekend
The SITS Girls – Saturday Sharefest
Marilyn’s Treats – Over the Moon Party

1. Carole @ From My Carolina Home
    March 27, 2017 / 12:08 pm

Sounds like loads of fun! I've never been there, and I'll be interested to see your post on the trip.

2. Vel Criste
    March 27, 2017 / 3:23 pm

Lucky you! Never been there, so you share your deets once you go! 😉

3. Shirley@Housepitality Designs
    March 28, 2017 / 2:42 pm

I was there in October last year….we stayed at the Charlotte Inn and it was amazing!!! We only had a couple of days there. We spent some time in the downtown area and did lots of walking and driving on the island…You can email me me for particulars!

4. Katie Clooney
    March 28, 2017 / 7:13 pm

Wish I could help, Shelley, but I haven't been there yet. I really want to go because I have heard so many wonderful things about it. If you go to the Cape or Nantucket, I can help. Enjoy your week.

5. Michele Morin
    March 29, 2017 / 11:46 am

Fun! We went to Cape Cod for our honeymoon — 27 years ago! And the thing I remember most about Martha's Vineyard is the ride over and back. SO beautiful!

6. therelishedroost
    March 29, 2017 / 1:11 pm

Glenn has a client who has a house in Marthas vineyard, he actually rented it out to Amy Schumer – LOL! Ill pick his brain and let you know where to go!

7. Kimberly G
    April 1, 2017 / 3:07 pm

You should make sure that you see the lighthouse & the cliffs. My favorite area is Vineyard haven. It would be nice if you can go to each area & see a little bit of everything. If you have a car. I think there are trolleys too. http://therantingsofadramaqueensmum.blogspot.com

8. Sarah
    April 2, 2017 / 3:04 am

Shelley, you are going to love your time on the Vineyard. It is so easy to get around on the island because they have a wonderful bus service that runs from town to town. Susan Branch lives in Vineyard Haven. You should walk by her home and see if you can spot her out and about. She is a dear! Have a lobster roll for me!

9. Lisa @ Shine Your Light
    April 2, 2017 / 2:57 pm

How fun Shelley that you are heading up this way for a girl's weekend. The Vineyard is a great spot for a getaway! Edgartown has so much to do and you could probably occupy all your time walking around, visiting the shops, and going to the restaurants there, but try to go over to Vineyard Haven and Oak Bluffs too if you have time. We go over for daytrips and the occasional overnight but spend most of our time on the Cape, however I have lots of friends who spend a lot of time there and will ask what their favorite tried and true restaurants are in Edgartown!

10. Calypso In The Country