Christmas House Tour – Festive Ideas and Inspiration

Welcome to my Christmas House Tour!  I am thrilled to join a group of fabulous bloggers for The Pink Door Holiday Home Tour hosted by Annie from All Things Big and Small.  I had the pleasure of meeting Annie this summer at the Haven Conference and I was honored when she asked me to be a part of her holiday home tour!

Let’s get started with my Christmas House Tour by entering through my front door!

Christmas Foyer and Holiday House Tour

This is our second year of having a Christmas tree in the foyer.

My foyer tree is obviously artificial but my husband insists we buy a real tree for our living room.  We usually wait until about 2 weeks before Christmas to put that one up.  In the meantime, it’s nice to be greeted by a tree when we open the front door.  (Not that we ever actually use the front door, but it’s a nice thought!)

Red and Black Christmas Decor - Holiday House Tour

This year I decorated the foyer tree in red, black and white.

I used the same ribbon to make some bows for the stairs.

Christmas Home Tour - Calypso in the Country blog

I thought my black rain boots made a nice accessory…

Red and Black Christmas Decoration - Holiday House Tour

Why not put them to good use when it’s not raining!

Red and Black Pillow for Christmas

I just happened to have a Pottery Barn pillow from last year that worked well with this year’s colors.

Foyer Decorated for Christmas

As you can see, I haven’t done much in my living room.  Once we bring home the real tree, I will decorate more in there.

In the meantime, let’s continue the Christmas tour in the back of the house...

Christmas House Tour

We enter the kitchen through this doorway every morning so it was the perfect place to hang our Santa advent calendar.  My mother in law gave me this years ago.  My kids still love updating the date each morning.

Welcome to my Christmas kitchen!

Christmas Kitchen - white kitchen with red and green

Last year, I went very subtle on the Christmas decor in here.  We had just remodeled our kitchen at that point and I was still enjoying the newness of the space.

This year I added a few more decorative items along with more color!

Christmas Vignette with tiered tray and pine cones

Since we are constantly using the island, it can’t be too cluttered.  Just a few things down the center dress it up.

This tiered tray adds some height but doesn’t take up too much space.

White Kitchen decorated with red and green for Christmas

White Kitchen decorated with red, green and black for Christmas

As you can see, I coordinated the table with the same red and black colors I used in the foyer.

White Kitchen with farm sink in front of windows - decorated for Christmas

A few red pieces near the sink stand out against the white kitchen.

Red and Green Christmas Vignette

More red and green are carried over to the corner vignette.

Christmas topiaries in white kitchen

Here is a closer look at the topiaries by the window.  I almost covered the red pot in burlap to give it a more natural look but ended up leaving the red for more color.  Who am I kidding?  Actually, I didn’t get a chance to buy the burlap…that’s why I never covered them!

White Kitchen Decorated for Christmas

Here is the view of my Christmas kitchen from the family room.

White Stove Hood with Santa

Recently, I picked up this Santa on sale at Michael’s Craft Store.

A skiing Santa is definitely appropriate for our family of skiers!

Glass Stacked Cabinets with mini wreaths

Last year, I thought about adding wreaths to the cabinets but never did, so this year it was one of the first things I accomplished in here!

The wreaths are from Ballard Designs a few years ago but I think they still carry them.  They are about 9 inches.

Chandelier with fresh greens for Christmas

Just like last year, I added fresh greens to the chandelier.

And just like last year, my hands got covered in sap.  I think I was finally able to scrub it off…

Christmas House Tour including Black and Red Christmas Table

As I mentioned, I continued the red and black onto my table setting.

Christmas Place Setting Ideas

Red and White Gingham Ribbon around silverware for Christmas

Simple details like ribbon around the silverware add a festive touch.

This is the same gingham ribbon I used to hang the wreaths and make bows throughout the kitchen.

Christmas Table with Cranberries

Adding cranberries to glass hurricanes is cheap, easy and they usually last through the holidays.

Just my kind of “craft”!

Chalkboard Christmas Plates

The bread and salad plates are from Homegoods.  I have so many small plates that I switch out for holidays.  Luckily, my white plates go with everything!

Open Concept Kitchen Family Room at Christmas

From the table, you can see into my family room.

I still have to do some more decorating in there but I usually keep it pretty simple.

Christmas Kitchen and Family Room

So far, a wreath and stockings are the extent of my decorating in there.

(If you look very closely, you can see my favorite accessory, though – Rosie my golden retriever is on her chair!)

Stone Fireplace at Christmas

And that concludes my Christmas House Tour!

Thanks for stopping by!  Once we buy our Christmas tree, I will give you a tour of the living room.  At that point, I will also take you on a tour of the dining room, which is currently the dumping ground for all the gifts and things I haven’t put away yet…

If you want to see what my house looked like in previous years, please feel free to click on any of the links below.

Thanks again to Annie from All Things Big and Small for organizing this Home Tour!  Be sure to stop by the other beautiful blogs listed below for more holiday inspiration!

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

How is your holiday decorating coming along?

Holiday House Tour

Also joining these parties:

Rattlebridge Farm – Foodie Friday and Everything ElseFrench Country Cottage – Feathered Nest FridayCraftberry Bush – Inspiration Gallery,Easy Peasy Pleasy – Funtastic FridayPieced Pastimes – Saturday SparksEveryday Home – Share It One More TimeSweet Pea – Best of the WeekendThe SITS Girls Saturday SharefestDwellings – Amaze Me MondayCreatively Living – Monday FundayThe Dedicated House – Make It Pretty

Coastal Charm – Show and ShareMy Uncommon Slice of Suburbia – Inspire Me MondayA Stroll Thru Life – Inspire Me TuesdayStonegable – The ScoopEvolution of Style – 12 Days of Holiday Homes Link UpSavvy Southern Style – Wow Us WednesdayMy Life Abundant – Wonderful WednesdayA Savory Feast – Wednesday ShowcaseDIY by Design – Fall into Fall PartyCozy Little House – Home for Christmas PartyThe Essence of Home – Share Your StyleEleven Gables – Christmas Past and Present Link PartyDIY Showoff – That DIY PartyDucks in A Row – Fabulous Decorating PartyMarilyn’s Treats – Over the MoonA Delightsome Life – Home and Garden Thursday,

1. Ron
    December 8, 2016 / 11:40 am

Very pretty, festive, and well coordinated. Love your kitchen!!!

2. Katie Clooney
    December 8, 2016 / 11:58 am

OMG Shelley! Your home looks positively stunning! Love your accents of the red and black check ribbon and your tree and staircase look picture perfect! Love your wreaths in the kitchen. I put up boxwood wreaths last Christmas and never took them down!! Enjoy every minute of the holidays in that gorgeous home of yours!!

3. Angela
    December 8, 2016 / 1:14 pm

Love it all!! Your home is gorgeous!!

• Meg - Green With Decor
      December 10, 2016 / 7:29 pm

I love your kitchen so much – the white cabinets and the light fixtures! I love that you have a tree right when you walk in the house, I'd love to have a foyer big enough just for that, ha!

4. Courtney@Golden Boys and Me
    December 8, 2016 / 1:21 pm

Your home is looking better than ever, Shelley! You know what a big fan of your kitchen I already am, so add some Christmas touches and I am smitten. The foyer is stunning too. I hope you make lots of fun memories this holiday season.

5. Marty@A Stroll Thru Life
    December 8, 2016 / 2:03 pm

Love it, and your entry tree is so pretty. Of course you know I love your kitchen and adding the wreaths and red is just perfect. Great tour.

6. Kim @ Savvy Southern Style
    December 8, 2016 / 9:10 pm

So pretty, Shelley. Merry Christmas!

7. Lory at Designthusiasm
    December 8, 2016 / 9:41 pm

Shelley, the whole tour is so beautiful! I really love the classic color feeling. I went so offbeat this year that I'm now really enjoying a more traditional color palette, as if it's brand new. The black does add a bit of newness to it, as well, while keeping it all elegant and traditional. Beautiful kitchen too! Love the wreaths on the cabinets!! Enjoy the holidays!!

8. Cozy Little House
    December 8, 2016 / 11:06 pm

Love, love, love the reds! Everything is festive and beautiful.Brenda

9. Tanya
    December 9, 2016 / 1:29 am

Love your Christmas decor, especially all the coordinated red and black checks. I also think the cranberries are a great idea…had never thought of that! Have a wonderful weekend.

10. Amy Dowling
    December 9, 2016 / 1:51 pm

Beautiful! I love the buffalo check, all the pops of red and the wreaths on the cabinets. Great job! Merry Christmas!

11. Shannon @ Belle Bleu Interiors
    December 9, 2016 / 2:34 pm

Shelley, your house looks beautiful adorned for Christmas. I love the red, black, and white color palette that you chose for your entry. I am swooning over your beautiful kitchen. It is gorgeous! Also, it looks like we have the same kitchen chairs. Thanks for taking me on the tour! I hope that you have a wonderful weekend!!!

12. Julia Ryan
    December 9, 2016 / 2:40 pm

So pretty!

13. 50 Days Of No Grey
    December 9, 2016 / 5:59 pm

Love how you carried the decorations throughout all the rooms and those wreaths from Ballard are so cute!

14. Elise @ Her Heart and Home
    December 9, 2016 / 9:22 pm

The tiny wreaths on the upper cabinets…oh my gahhhhhh!!! ALL the heart eyes for that detail!!!!!! xx

15. Bonnie
    December 9, 2016 / 9:53 pm

Shelley, Your home is beautiful. I especially like your kitchen with your wonderful window over your farm house sink. I have a farm house sink I love but alas no window! The bright and airy room is delightful. Love your boxwood wreaths, cranberry candle and plaid and white dishes.Great looking needlepoint stockings too. Have a merry Christmas.

16. Sandy at You May Be Wandering
    December 10, 2016 / 11:39 am

Shelley, your home looks gorgeous all dressed up for Christmas! I love the tree in the foyer! Have a great weekend! xoxo

17. Grantham Lynn
    December 10, 2016 / 3:40 pm

Oh your home is so pretty. What a lovely tour. I hope you'll add The Count Down To Christmas party to your list and come over and link up!Oh what a great post! I love this. And your tutorial is great. Thanks for sharing.I hope you'll come over and link at The Countdown to Christmas!The party is over here:http://ourholidayjourney.blogspot.com/You can link all your Christmas posts. I'd love to see your archives!Merry Christmas!

18. Carol
    December 10, 2016 / 3:42 pm

It all looks so pretty, Shelley! I really like all the red and green in your beautiful white kitchen, especially the little wreaths on all the upper glass door cabinets.Have a great weekend!Warm hugs,Carol

19. Leslie Harris
    December 12, 2016 / 7:21 pm

I'm such a fan of red white and black and I love the way you carried it out in your beautiful home. You did a wonderful job decorating it all looks warm and cozy!!

20. Patti @ Pandoras Box
    December 12, 2016 / 8:21 pm

I am also a fan of black red and white during the holidays – your home looks lovely and i admire your kitchen lighting over your island!! Enjoy the holiday!

21. pam {simple details}
    December 13, 2016 / 3:14 am

It's just beautiful Shelley, you did a fabulous job!! I love your red and black throughout and the mini wreaths in the kitchen are so charming! Enjoy the holidays with your sweet family! 🙂

22. therelishedroost
    December 13, 2016 / 1:54 pm

Great job Shelley!

23. Amanda
    December 13, 2016 / 3:07 pm

I love your tour! Your kitchen is gorgeous!!!!

24. Vel Criste
    December 13, 2016 / 10:36 pm

Oh Shelley, I almost used the same color palette in my decor this year! Great minds, think alike! Love everything dear especially in your gorgeous new kitchen! Thank you for joining the 12 days of holiday homes Link party dear! Hope you can visit my home tour too ! Merry Christmas!

25. Brenna Morgan
    December 14, 2016 / 12:39 am

Shelley, I love all of the greenery in your kitchen! Especially the little wreaths on each one of your glass front cabinets. Just a beautiful home, as always! Happy Holidays!

26. Sarah Bell
    December 14, 2016 / 1:11 am

What gorgeous decorations! Love the overall festive atmosphere you've created in your beautiful home!Sarah BellTrendy & Tidy

27. Sandra Lee
    December 15, 2016 / 8:03 pm

What a beautiful home!Thank you for the decor inspiration.

28. Pamela
    December 18, 2016 / 6:05 am

Shelley everything looks so beautiful and festive!

29. Sheila @ Maison de Cinq
    December 18, 2016 / 5:38 pm

Shelley,Your tour is just beautiful! I absolutely adore a tree in the foyer! Wish I could do that! And the colors are perfect in your kitchen. I think my favorite thing though is your little wreaths on all your glass cabinets – and I always love greens around a chandelier. That's on my list for next year!Merry Christmas to you and your cute family!Sheilaxo

30. Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home
    December 19, 2016 / 1:18 pm

Beautiful!Thanks for also sharing with AMAZE ME MONDAY!Blessings,Cindy

31. Kati
    December 19, 2016 / 6:24 pm

Your home is beautiful! I can't get enough of the Christmas home tours. They make me so excited for Christmas. Thanks for sharing yours at the Wednesday showcase party.