How I Do Fall – Decor Around My Home

Each year, I start decorating for fall in early September (after I am done mourning the end of summer!)

Fall Mantel with Apples and White Pumpkins

Fall Mantel with Apples and Pumpkins

Most of the decor stays out through Thanksgiving but I make a few little tweaks for Halloween along the way…

Simple Black and Orange Mantel

Simple Black and Orange Mantel

Mostly, that involves adding a few Jack-O-Lanterns and decorations for the front porch…nothing major.

Pumpkins on the porch for Halloween

Preparing

As Thanksgiving approaches, I take away the little bits of Halloween and add a few accessories.

Thanksgiving Touches around the house

Thanksgiving Touches Around the House

Thanksgiving Vignettes

Thanksgiving Vignettes

I don’t do the full overhaul of removing fall…adding Halloween…removing Halloween… and adding Thanksgiving.  It just seems like too much work over a season.

Basically, I keep a fall look with a few minor changes along the way.

We host Thanksgiving so I don’t start pulling out the Christmas decor until the day after.

Thanksgiving Table

Happy Thanksgiving

No Black Friday shopping for me!  That Friday – and most of that weekend is spent packing away the fall decor and decorating for Christmas!

Christmas in the Foyer

Then my Christmas decor stays up until New Year’s Day.

How do you do fall in your home?
Do you go all out for Halloween or do you just squeeze it in with the rest of the fall decor?

PinterestInstagram / Facebook / Twitter

Sharing at these Link Parties:
Adventures of Mel – Inspire Me Wednesday, A Savory Feast – The Wednesday Showcase,  Poofing the Pillows – Thoughts of Home Thursday, Domestic Charm – The Creative Circle Party, Rattlebridge Farm – Foodie Friday and Everything Else, Easy Peasy Pleasy – Funtastic Friday, Pieced Pastimes – Saturday Sparks, Sweet Pea – Best of the Weekend, DIY Showoff – That DIY Party, Life and Linda – Dishing It and Digging It Link Party, Dwellings – Amaze Me Monday, Inspiration for Moms – Inspiration Monday, My Pinterventures – Merry Monday, Coastal Charm – Show and Share, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia – Inspire Me Mondays, Cedar Hill Farmhouse – The Scoop,  A Stroll Thru Life – Inspire Me Tuesday, DIY by Design – Fall into Fall Party, The Essence of Home – Share Your Style, Tatertots and Jello – Link Party Palooza, The Everyday Home – Share it One More Time

1. Tanya
    October 19, 2016 / 10:59 am

This is almost exactly how I do things. Around the beginning of September, I pull out the fall decor. At the beginning of October, I add some Halloween touches. Then, at the beginning of November, I pull down any Halloween and add a few Thanksgiving things. Lately we have decorated for Christmas the weekend before Thanksgiving, since we have been going on vacations for Thanksgiving. This makes it a little awkward because I do a "mini" Thanksgiving meal that weekend (Thanksgiving table with Christmas decor all around), but I just have to let that go.

2. Pam Richardson
    October 19, 2016 / 1:54 pm

Shelley, your plan sounds kind of like what I do. I don't really decorate for Halloween, but autumn stays out until the day after Thanksgiving because I host… And then I go into full Christmas!

3. Marty@A Stroll Thru Life
    October 19, 2016 / 2:43 pm

Oh I love your Fall and I do the same. What I have now is there until Christmas. These seasons seem like they are so close together and I really want Christmas to be the show stopper anyway.

4. Sheila @ Maison de Cinq
    October 21, 2016 / 2:42 pm

I don't do Black Friday at all either! We spend that day as a family (it's a tradition) where we usually go see a Christmas movie or something. And then, like you, I spend the rest of that weekend doing my Christmas decorating! (though I may have to start earlier this year as I'm doing an early blog hop! We'll see how that works:))Happy Weekend!Sheilaxo

5. Ashley @ The Houston House
    October 23, 2016 / 6:02 pm

LOVE IT! Seriously, best time of year.

6. Donna Wilkes
    October 23, 2016 / 10:33 pm

That is one cute jack o'lantern in the witch's hat. Lovely fall vignettes. I wait until after Thanksgiving to decorate for Christmas. I like to enjoy each holiday..

7. Ambient Wares
    October 24, 2016 / 11:07 pm

I like the switching out little by little! Not so overwhelming for sure. Thanks for sharing with us at Funtastic Friday!

8. Amanda Kolb
    October 25, 2016 / 9:37 pm

I like to switch things around too in during the Fall season. And I have to say that I really love that metal and wood shelving unit!! Thank you for sharing at Merry Monday!!

9. Chloe Crabtree
    October 26, 2016 / 11:37 pm

I am with you, the day after Thanksgiving is Christmas decorating day at my house! Your basket of sunflowers is so pretty! I would love to have you stop by and share this post at Celebrate Your Story! Here is the link if you have a moment: http://celebrateanddecorate.com/celebrate-story-49/

10. The Freckled Rose
    October 30, 2016 / 3:49 am

Love all your fun and fabulous decor! Thanks for sharing with us at #DIDI