Fall Porches from the Past

What is it about September that makes me want to start buying mums and carving pumpkins?  Even though the temperatures are supposed to climb back up in the 90’s later this week, I am already feeling the urge to start my fall decorating!

My front porch is one of the first projects on my agenda.  It’s been looking a little neglected lately so I pulled out some photos of fall porches from previous years to motivate me…

Fall Porch Ideas - mums, urns and pumpkins!

I loved all the traditional fall colors I used that year, although the two front mums had already been partially chewed up by the deer…country living.

That year, I decided to then add a some boots and sunflowers for a little variety…

Fall Porch Decor - plaid boots and sunflowers add a fun touch

Fall Front Porch

And that’s probably as creative as I have gotten out there…

And as you can see, I usually go with a similar look (with a little change on the door)…

Traditional Fall Porch Decor

Fall Front Door

This was taken a different year…but you can hardly tell.

Front Porch Decorated for Fall

Fall on the Porch

I guess the hanging fruit looks very similar to the basket in the previous picture.  The little white sign below it indicates that we had been spooked at that point.  You can read about that fun neighborhood tradition here – How to Spook the Neighbors.

I haven’t decided how I am going to decorate for this year but now that the kids are off to school, I should have more time to work on some projects.

I will leave you with one last inspirational photo…

Simple Porch Decor - a beautiful Charleston Home

Charleston Homes

This porch is obviously not mine –  I wish!  I took this picture on a girls trip to Charleston a few years ago. With this classic architecture, just a simple pumpkin and plant is all that’s needed!

Have you decorated your porch for fall yet?

Ideas for Fall - Front Porch Decorating

Linking to:

A Stroll Thru Life – Inspire Me Tuesday Coastal Charm – Show and Share Savvy Southern Style – Wow Us Wednesdays My Life Abundant – Wonderful Wednesday A Savory Feast – The Wednesday Showcase DIY by Design – Sizzle Into Summer The Blissful Bee – Work it Wednesday A Delightsome Life – Home and Garden Thursday Peeking Thru the Sunflowers – Share Your Style Domestic Charm – The Creative Circle Party Rattlebridge Farm – Foodie Friday and Everything Else The Chronicles of Home – The Inspiration Gallery Tatertots and Jello – Link Party Palooza Pieced Pastimes – Saturday Sparks Virginia Sweet Pea – Best of the Weekend Designthusiasm – Share it One More Time Dwellings – Amaze Me Monday Creatively Living – Monday Funday Worthing Court – The Scoop The Dedicated House – Make It Pretty Monday DIY Showoff – That DIY Party

1. Summer
    September 6, 2016 / 1:29 pm

Those boots with flowers look so cute ♥summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

2. Courtney@Golden Boys and Me
    September 6, 2016 / 1:51 pm

Hi Shelley,I am with you about being ready to decorate for fall. I love the look of those black plaid boots with the sunflowers! Hope your kids have a great start to their school year.

3. Jean | DelightfulRepast.com
    September 6, 2016 / 3:05 pm

Shelley, I've done nothing with my porch all year. Thanks for the inspiration! Love those plaid wellies!

4. Marty@A Stroll Thru Life
    September 7, 2016 / 12:51 am

Love your porch, so pretty.

5. Stacey
    September 7, 2016 / 2:09 am

Lots of pretty from the past! No decorating for fall here yet. It's still in the 90s.

6. Pam Richardson
    September 7, 2016 / 10:30 am

Shelley, great porches from the past…so far I haven't done any fall decor. It is supposed to be 95 today! Pam @ Everyday Living

7. Katie Clooney
    September 7, 2016 / 12:28 pm

Great ideas! No, haven't decorated for Fall yet but your post gave me some inspiration. Have a great week, Shelley!

8. Cindy Hattersley
    September 7, 2016 / 8:59 pm

I rarely get around to decorating my own porch for fall. Our summer lasts well into November here on the Central Coast and then it is almost time to decorate for Xmas. I loved decorating for fall when I lived in the midwest many years ago.

9. Cozy Little House
    September 7, 2016 / 10:45 pm

My front porch is about 3 x 3 feet! So no, I can just get in the door. Your blog looks different. Very clean and pretty!Brenda

10. therelishedroost
    September 8, 2016 / 5:18 pm

Its os darn hot here I am afraind to plant any mums!! xo K

11. Shirley@Housepitality Designs
    September 8, 2016 / 10:34 pm

Beautiful porch Shelley…and I so love Charleston and it's gorgeous porches and courtyards…I see the mums in the stores now, but with temps in the mid to high 90's, I am afraid they will fry!…

12. Julie's Creative Lifestyle
    September 9, 2016 / 1:47 pm

Hello Shelly, I love your porch from the past. I just love pumpkins and mums and the rainboots looked so cute with the flowers. I have not decorated outside yet for fall as it's just too hot for pumpkins and mum and I need the weather to cool down a bit. I have fall decorations in my living room though.Take care and have a nice weekend.Julie xo

13. Sandy at You May Be Wandering
    September 10, 2016 / 3:35 pm

You can't go wrong with mums and pumpkins, but I love the rain boots too!

14. Christine Graves
    September 12, 2016 / 12:03 am

Love the look back on your porch. I just got mine done yesterday and hopefully the pic's will be posted tomorrow. Loving how you used those boots, that's cute!

15. DIYbyDesign
    September 13, 2016 / 12:35 pm

Love your front porch. I have to get working on mine. I will be featuring this tonight at my Sizzle into Summer party. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks. http://diybydesign.blogspot.com

16. My Kentucky Living
    September 16, 2016 / 12:12 am

I have not yet decorated my front porch…but hope to get going on it this weekend. Yours is lovely. Sheila