Patriotic Table Setting in the Kitchen

The other day, I set my kitchen table in a Summer Inspired Setting.  Before I put everything away, I decided to add some red to transform it into a patriotic table setting…

Summer Table Settings - 2 ways

Although, I loved the fresh simplicity of the blue and white, adding the red really punched it up for the 4th of Julyor Flag Day which is coming up too!  Sadly, I don’t think many people are having big Flag Day dinners!  Do you?  Maybe we should start that trend and give that flag the attention it deserves!

Patriotic Table Setting - Adding a few red pieces to update a table from summer to 4th of July

Just a simple change like replacing the white napkins with bright red ones made a difference.

Patriotic Table with Red, White and Blue for 4th of July

Since we just celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary, I just happened to have red roses on hand!

Patriotic Table Setting with Star Plate

Several years ago, I purchased these melamine star plates.  Previously, I used them with this table setting..  As always, my white plates work with everything!  If you don’t already own white plates, you really should buy a set.  Probably the most versatile thing I own!

Flags for 4th of July with a Patriotic Table Setting

To make the roses a bit more festive, I simply stuck a flag in them.  Obviously, you are impressed with my DIY skills – ha!

Red, White and Blue in the Kitchen

From here, you can see a full view of the kitchen.  As you may have noticed, the red really stands out against all the white!

Summer Table with Red, White and Blue for the 4th

Flags in the Kitchen for the 4th of July

Adding a few more flags on the island continued the red, white and blue.

Decorating the Kitchen for the 4th of July

Apparently, we are all set for the 4th of July!  Too bad my roses won’t be around by then…I guess someone will have to buy me more!

For your convenience, I have provided sources below.  Please note that this post contains some affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking my links.

Sources for a Patriotic Table Setting:

• Blue and white place mats – Homegoods but I also love these place mats.
  • Melamine star plates – Michael’s from a few years ago but these plates would be cute as well. These plates would give a different look but are so adorable!
  • Red Napkins – Homegoods – (similar)
  • Rattan Chargers – Pier One (similar)
  • White Dishes – Mikasa Italian Countryside
  • Wine Glasses – Wedding gift from Tiffany & Co.
  • Flatware – Caesna flatware from Crate and Barrel

Have you made plans for the 4th of July yet?

I would love for you follow along so you don’t miss a post!

Bloglovin / Instagram / Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest

Patriotic Table Setting - Adding simple touches to a summer table to decorate for the 4th of July or even Flag Day! Calypso in the Country blog

1. Pam Richardson
    June 11, 2016 / 11:04 am

Shelley, your table is just perfect for July 4th . Adding the star plates and red napkins made it patriotic. I love an east change to get an new look! Wishing you a beautiful weekend! Pam @ Everyday Living

2. Kim @ Savvy Southern Style
    June 11, 2016 / 11:08 am

Love the red additions and those cute star plates. No plans except for decorating the deck.

3. Pinky
    June 12, 2016 / 12:30 am

Hi Shelly, both of your tables are lovely and I agree the reds really gave it a punch of color! We leave tomorrow morning for our family vacation. When I get back I will be doing a patriotic table too. No plans yet but I'm sure we will do something with friends and family:)

4. Laurie
    June 12, 2016 / 3:36 am

Happy Anniversary! The red star plates are an adorable addition for a festive patriotic table setting and adding the flag in the beautiful roses was perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at Snickerdoodle Sunday! Pinned to share 🙂 Hope you have a fantastic week Shelley!

5. Julie's Lifestyle
    June 13, 2016 / 4:20 pm

I love your patriotic table setting! It's perfect for the 4th! I co-host a blog party on Mondays called Cooking and Crafting with J&J. I would love to have you join us and share this! Thanks.Julie at Julie's Lifestyle

6. Creations By Cindy
    June 16, 2016 / 12:57 pm

Awe….I love your tablescape. That blue and white is so pretty but adding your red patriotic flair really gave it pop! Visiting from Thoughts of Home party today. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

7. Shirley@Housepitality Designs
    June 16, 2016 / 5:27 pm

Love the table!….The perfect 4th of July and summer tablescape!….Hopefully enjoying a great BBQ over the 4th…

8. Eilis
    June 18, 2016 / 2:06 pm

Those star plates are just perfect on your patriotic table. We usually eat picnic style for the 4th.

9. Stacey
    June 18, 2016 / 10:16 pm

Somebody definitely will have to get your some more roses so you can recreate this fun table for the 4th. Thanks for the inspiration. Thank you for sharing at Thoughts of Home on Thursday. We are glad to have you. 🙂

10. Ann K from Cairn Cottage
    June 20, 2016 / 2:55 am

I really love those star plates. Interesting that you got them at Michaels…I've never seen tableware when visiting the store before. Maybe your store carries more neat stuff than ours does, as ours is kind of small. Hope you enjoy your 4th of Judly(and Flag day)!

11. Linda @ Life and Linda
    June 20, 2016 / 8:01 am

Happy anniversary. The roses are lovely. Your table is so pretty with your dishes and accessories. Loving the cute star plates. We haven't made any plans as of yet. Thank you for sharing your Patriotic table at DI&DI.

12. Courtney@Golden Boys and Me
    June 28, 2016 / 5:20 pm

This is the perfect 4th of July table setting. My mom's bday is the 4th so we usually bbq at my brother's lake house and eat off paper plates, but your table is inspiring. Happy belated anniversary!!

13. Beverly Roderick
    June 1, 2017 / 1:37 pm

Your tablesecape looks great! I love the star plates. Thanks for sharing at Celebrate the USA. Pinning.

14. Stone Cottage Adventures
    June 4, 2017 / 3:13 pm

Isn't it funny how adding red completely changed the look?! Thank you for sharing at Celebrate the USA Party! 'Featuring your post on FB today! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

15. Sew Crafty Crochet
    June 29, 2017 / 4:53 pm

Fabulous patriotic table setting! I love the star plates! Thanks for stopping by the Celebrate the USA Link Party!

16. Sew Crafty Crochet