The other day, I set my kitchen table in a Summer Inspired Setting. Before I put everything away, I decided to add some red to transform it into a patriotic table setting…
Although, I loved the fresh simplicity of the blue and white, adding the red really punched it up for the 4th of July…or Flag Day which is coming up too! Sadly, I don’t think many people are having big Flag Day dinners! Do you? Maybe we should start that trend and give that flag the attention it deserves!
Just a simple change like replacing the white napkins with bright red ones made a difference.
Since we just celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary, I just happened to have red roses on hand!
Several years ago, I purchased these melamine star plates. Previously, I used them with this table setting.. As always, my white plates work with everything! If you don’t already own white plates, you really should buy a set. Probably the most versatile thing I own!
To make the roses a bit more festive, I simply stuck a flag in them. Obviously, you are impressed with my DIY skills – ha!
From here, you can see a full view of the kitchen. As you may have noticed, the red really stands out against all the white!
Adding a few more flags on the island continued the red, white and blue.
Apparently, we are all set for the 4th of July! Too bad my roses won’t be around by then…I guess someone will have to buy me more!
For your convenience, I have provided sources below. Please note that this post contains some affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking my links.
Sources for a Patriotic Table Setting:
- Blue and white place mats – Homegoods but I also love these place mats.
- Melamine star plates – Michael’s from a few years ago but these plates would be cute as well. These plates would give a different look but are so adorable!
- Red Napkins – Homegoods – (similar)
- Rattan Chargers – Pier One (similar)
- White Dishes – Mikasa Italian Countryside
- Wine Glasses – Wedding gift from Tiffany & Co.
- Flatware – Caesna flatware from Crate and Barrel
Have you made plans for the 4th of July yet?
I would love for you follow along so you don’t miss a post!
Subscribe by email – HERE