Blue and White for Mother’s Day

Hopefully, you all enjoyed your Mother’s Day!  I had a wonderful time hosting my mom and sister for brunch yesterday.  Later in the afternoon, we celebrated with my in-laws.  As my kids would say, “It was a busy-fun day!”

Blue and white table with pink tulips

This year, I set the kitchen table in casual blue and white for Mother’s Day.  Adding the pink tulips gave a pop of color.

Casual Mother's Day Table Setting with blue and white checks

Unfortunately, it rained (again) early in the morning but the sun finally came out later.  Too bad it wasn’t warm enough to eat outside like we have in the past!

Casual blue and white table setting

Since the kids were joining us for our brunch, I kept the settings very casual…maybe a little too casual.  Later, I wished I added something on the napkin but I didn’t have time.

Casual blue and white table

I was too busy opening cards and presents from the boys and cooking the brunch.  I kept the menu simple with cut up fruit, broccoli quiche and a mixed green salad…and mimosas of course!

Pink tulips centerpiece - a casual table setting for Mother's Day

Blue and white accessories in white kitchen

After setting the Mother’s Day table in blue and white, I decided to pull some blue accessories from my office to decorate around the kitchen.

Pink roses

I dressed up the island with more pink flowers.  Unfortunately, this was the only picture I took of them.  My mom and sister arrived just as I was taking this picture and I gave them these roses to take home.  In the background, you can also see a pink bouquet which was from the boys.  They know how much I love pink!

Blue and white vase in white kitchen

After everyone left, this is how my island looked.  The blue and white vase is from my office and the branches are from my master bathroom.

White kitchen with blue and white accessories

On the ledge above the stove, I also added more blue and white.  I really love how it all looks against the white in my kitchen.

Kitchen island with blue vase

Blue and white in the kitchen

Blue and white planter

I even switched the pot on my kitchen plant to a blue and white one from my office.

Spring vignette in kitchen

But I didn’t have a blue plate to change the spring vignette in the corner.

Mother's Day Vignette

But I did have a cute, “Home is where your mom is” sign that the kids bought me last year.  I think this worked well for the special day!  Cheers to all the moms!

Where did you spend your Mother’s Day?

Blue and White for Mother's Day

1. Simply LKJ
    May 9, 2016 / 4:17 pm

Sometimes I think the casual look is actually more appreciated, as you have more time to spend on the things that truly matter. Love all the pops of blue around the kitchen.We spent the day on the road, all 14 hours, coming home from visiting my MIL in Michigan.

2. Vel Criste
    May 9, 2016 / 5:14 pm

Beautiful! You deserve to be celebrated for sure! Belated Happy Mothers day!

3. Tanya @The Other Side of the Road
    May 9, 2016 / 6:20 pm

I love the combination of blue and white. It is always so fresh looking. What a a beautiful Mother's Day brunch!

4. Courtney@Golden Boys and Me
    May 9, 2016 / 7:39 pm

I always love the combination of blue and white. At least if you couldn't eat outside, you got to enjoy your beautiful kitchen. We ended up staying inside for brunch too. Hooray for the return of the sun. Happy Belated Mother's Day, Shelley!

5. Kim @ Savvy Southern Style
    May 9, 2016 / 8:59 pm

Love your simple cute table. I did simple, too. Loving the blue and white in your beautiful kitchen!

6. Sheila @ Maison de Cinq
    May 10, 2016 / 4:25 am

Love the blue and white Shelley!Sheilaxo

7. Carol @Comfort Spring Station
    May 10, 2016 / 11:44 am

I love the simple blue table, and the kids probably did too! Hope your Mother's Day was awesome

8. Leslie Harris
    May 10, 2016 / 8:28 pm

Hi Shelley, I bet you had such a nice Mother's day with those cute boys of yours. Your table with the blue and white checks looks so pretty and cheerful, and that kitchen! So beautiful!

9. Lela Burris
    May 12, 2016 / 1:35 am

Blue and white is my favorite color combo, and you've done a great job putting it together! This table looks so pretty! Happy belated Mother's Day!

10. Meg @ Hello Farmhouse
    May 12, 2016 / 4:45 pm

LOVE blue and white together and those tulips are gorgeous. Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

11. Anonymous
    May 12, 2016 / 8:23 pm

I've always loved blue and white. Your kitchen is gorgeous. Love the vignette-perfect!!

12. Sylvia
    May 12, 2016 / 11:28 pm

Love the blue and white decor. I spent Mother's Day with my Mom which took a 3 hour drive to see her! Sylvia D.

13. Stacey
    May 13, 2016 / 4:49 pm

Blue and white suits your kitchen well. I've probably pinned your kitchen more times than I should… ;)Happy Thoughts of Home!

14. Jann Olson
    May 14, 2016 / 3:30 am

Blue and white is always a classic and the touch of pink is beautiful! Thanks for sharing with SYC.hugs,Jann

15. Katrin@kreativk.net
    May 14, 2016 / 7:59 am

I love blue and white this season! Your details are all beautiful! I had a very easy going relaxing mother's day! Thank you for sharing at Sweet Inspiration #6! Happy Saturday!

16. Laura Ingalls Gunn
    May 15, 2016 / 1:20 am

A perfect pairing. The pop of pink is so pretty.Thank you so much for linking up to Thoughts of Home on Thursday. You make our gathering a happier place.

17. Art and Sand
    May 15, 2016 / 7:02 am

I always think blue and white together is just so classic.Thanks for sharing with SYC

18. Kathryn Ferguson Griffin
    May 15, 2016 / 11:56 am

Hi Shelley! You know how I love your kitchen! Well, now it's perfection with the pops of blue and white! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features at the Anything Blue party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to this week's blue soiree. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2016/05/anything-blue-friday-week-110.html Have a lovely Sunday!! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

19. Jemma@athomewithjemma
    May 15, 2016 / 12:03 pm

Blue and white are such a lovely combination, so classic and timeless.Thank you so very much for joining us at TOHOT!Jemma

20. Laura
    May 17, 2016 / 11:48 am

I am a great fan of blue and white.Let me restate that.I am obsessed with blue and white.Enjoyed visiting.Your kitchen is stunning.Thank you for sharing at TOHOT.