Christmas Mantels of the Past

I always wait until the day after Thanksgiving to decorate for Christmas and I NEVER go shopping on that Black Friday!  It ends up being a great day for me to pull out the decorations.

I have started thinking about how I will decorate the mantel.  This year, I think I would like to do something a little different.

Here are a few of my Christmas Mantels from the past….

2010

2010 again  (with some changes – more details HERE)

2011 (more details HERE)

2012 (more details – HERE)

What are your plans for decorating this year?

Linking to:

Pieced Pastimes – Saturday Sparks   Dwellings – Amaze Me Monday   Cedar Hill Farmhouse – The Scoop   A Stroll Thru Life – Inspire Me Tuesday   HomeStories A to Z – Tutorials and Tips Party   House on the Way – Twirl and Take a Bow Party   Savvy Southern Style – Wow Us Wednesday   DIY by Design – Fall into Fall Party

1. marty (A Stroll Thru Life)
    November 8, 2014 / 2:32 pm

Your look so pretty. No mantel, in the desert a fireplace definitley isn't needed.

2. Terri Steffes
    November 8, 2014 / 3:44 pm

Love your past mantels. I am on a home tour this year, so these posts make me come and look! I am a new follower! I am visiting from Natasha's!

• Terri Steffes
      November 9, 2014 / 4:28 am

Shelley, thanks for coming over to my blog! I have no idea why I am a no reply blogger but from what I can tell, you can't change that. Boo.

3. Courtney@Golden Boys and Me
    November 8, 2014 / 4:43 pm

Love your beautiful mantels. I have been struggling with what to do with mine this year. Hope you are having a great weekend!

4. Kelly
    November 8, 2014 / 9:53 pm

Your Christmas mantels look so pretty. I love the needlepoint stockings. I will probably use some silver and white ornaments this year and even introduce a little bit of blue. I change up my Christmas decor a little every year, so I start thinking about it this time of year too.

5. Laura @ Top This Top That
    November 9, 2014 / 12:12 am

trying to keep it real simple and classic this year. I am actually doing a mantel post on wed ( a mantel tour) so seeing your post reminds me I need to get it together. hope you are having a great weekend!

6. mickeydownunder
    November 9, 2014 / 4:22 am

G'day Love Christmas mantels Thanks for stopping and sharing at our #SayGdayParty Please make sure to revisit if you haven't already to say G'day to the hosts and someone else at the party! Pinned! Cheers! Joanne @What's On The List

7. Donna Wilkes
    November 9, 2014 / 4:08 pm

I wait until after Thanksgiving too. I have a plan in place and will start with moving the furniture and cleaning this week. Love how you have a record of previous decorations. If you have time, I co-host Make It Monday which starts Sunday at 7PM Eastern and runs to Wednesday. We would love to see your mantels there.

8. House of Hipsters
    November 10, 2014 / 8:16 pm

I love the mirror you added in 1012! Thanks for sharing! Also wanted to let you know about a new linky party starting this Saturday at 8pm called “Found & Foraged” Can't wait to party with you at http://www.houseofhipsters.com

9. Lara Kern
    November 11, 2014 / 5:13 am

I love your past mantles! I wish that I had a mantle of my own to decorate this year but I guess it can wait! I do love the tree that you had in 2010- its so fat and fluffy! -Lara @ Methodical Livinghttp://methodicalliving.blogspot.com

10. Shirley@Housepitality Designs
    November 11, 2014 / 3:01 pm

Beautiful mantels!!l….I am trying to gain inspiration and plan my mantel this year…

11. Deserae
    November 11, 2014 / 10:44 pm

Beautiful mantels!!! I usually start my Christmas decorating the day after Thanksgiving too and never go shopping on black Friday…ever! I haven't decided what direction I'm going this year but I am thinking much simpler.~Des

12. martinealison
    November 12, 2014 / 2:13 am

Bonjour,Belles décorations…Gros bisous ☂

13. Natasha In Oz
    November 14, 2014 / 12:31 am

Thanks for sharing your festive post at the Say G’Day linky party. I’ve just pinned this to the Say G’Day Saturday board. Can't wait to see how you decorate this year!Hope you have had a fabulous week!Best wishes,Natasha in Oz