Simple Spring Mantel – Decorating with Tulips

The grocery stores have been well stocked with tulips lately.  I thought I would buy a few and decorate my mantel for spring!

Spring Mantel with Red Tulips

I love using white pitchers.

Simple Spring Mantel with Tulips

I had these white pots stored away (from the last set of plants I killed).

So I bought a couple “supposedly” easy plants from Lowe’s to give them another try!

Simple Spring Mantel using tulips, black and white and a Round Mirror

And there you have my latest spring mantel!

Last year’s mantel was similar, if this one looks a tad bit familiar to you.  I decorated my mantel yesterday because I was having some girls over for a get-together last night.  I wanted my house to look festive and welcoming.  In fact, I chose red tulips because I still had my red roses left over from Valentine’s Day and I didn’t want my colors to clash!

Red Roses

They are opening up beautifully!

I love having fresh flowers in the house and it’s especially nice on a nasty winter day.  It’s cold and rainy here in New Jersey and we are under a TORNADO watch until 5:00 p.m.  How strange is that?  Did we move to the mid-west and no one told me??

Have you done any spring decorating?

I would love for you follow along so you don’t miss a post!

1. Liz@ Infuse With Liz
    February 21, 2014 / 9:45 pm

Well I love red and they all look beautiful! Love the red and white mix on the mantel- it all goes great with the black accents. We're having nasty weather here in Michigan. I imagine it's headed your way, so good luck!

2. ℳartina @ Northern Nesting
    February 21, 2014 / 11:39 pm

White Pitchers + Tulips = PERFECTION!!

3. Suzanne
    February 22, 2014 / 1:10 am

I agree with Martina! I have a white pitcher of yellow tulips on my piano. Lovely!

4. Carol
    February 22, 2014 / 3:50 pm

I think your mantel looks fab! Those white pitchers are the perfect vessels for your tulips. I really like that beautiful mirror, too!

5. Ann from On Sutton Place
    February 22, 2014 / 6:04 pm

Perfect way to add a touch of spring to your mantel…I love the natural elements! I've been adding a few to my house too. I don't remember ever being this ready for spring! ~Ann

6. Jane@Bluebird1959
    February 22, 2014 / 8:03 pm

I just love tulips and they looks especially nice in your white pots. Your mantel is definitely ready for spring (aren't we all?!) and is just lovely. Jane

7. Debbiedoos
    February 22, 2014 / 9:17 pm

Ahhh so pretty. Tulips in a white pitcher are such classic gorgeous look too. Btw your new shutters are amazing too!

8. Henhurst Interiors
    February 23, 2014 / 12:49 am

Lovely! Here's hoping for an early Spring!xo,Phyllis

9. Mary Ann at classic•casual•home
    February 23, 2014 / 12:49 am

Your mantel is gorgeous. I want to do a little Spring decorating!

10. Jessica
    February 23, 2014 / 4:48 pm

Everything looks nice and fresh! Spring is in the air. =)

11. Yvonne @ StoneGable
    February 23, 2014 / 5:00 pm

I'm a huge fan of white pitchers. I can't seem to pass them up when I shop! LOVE your pretty spring mantel! Come on Spring!

12. Shauna@Satori Design for Living
    February 23, 2014 / 9:28 pm

Don't you just love fresh flowers, especially this time of year!

13. Stacy Curran
    February 23, 2014 / 9:28 pm

Tornado!? Weird for NJ! I sure hope it misses you!Stacy

14. Stacy Risenmay
    February 25, 2014 / 2:47 pm

I love the simplicity and symmetry! Pretty 🙂

15. Moni - Zuhaus at Home
    February 25, 2014 / 4:20 pm

Simply beautiful! Love the sweet red tulips in the white pitchers!

16. Melanie, LostandFoundDecor.com
    February 25, 2014 / 6:33 pm

Tulips are my favorite, and the white pitcher is perfect. My hubby gave me some bright red ones for Valentine's Day and I put them in my blue and white transferware pitcher. I just wish they would last longer . . . They seem to fade quickly. Well, I hope yours stay longer than mine and that you enjoy your beautiful mantle!

17. Something Nice and Pretty
    February 28, 2014 / 2:57 pm

I love tulips too yours, look great in the white pitcher!

18. Lorraine
    February 28, 2014 / 5:34 pm

I love white pitchers too! Your mantel is charming, and the tulips are perfect! ~Lorraine

19. BeBetsy - Smashingly Good Living
    February 28, 2014 / 7:04 pm

Wow – love the red tulips against the white pitcher along with the dark candlesticks – very nice. We are visiting from blog hop of Moonlight & Mason jars where we co-hosted this week.We'd love to see you join us at Simply BeBetsy – our readers would simply love it too!Best to you,Sharon and Denise ♥

20. Anonymous
    March 1, 2014 / 3:51 am

I love the spring mantel! The roses look great still! I can keep plants alive outside, but inside is another story!!!

21. angietrue
    March 1, 2014 / 4:21 am

I love fresh flowers too, mantel looks good. I feel your pain were having tornado warnings here in northern california. Im sure its not as bad as over their though.

22. pam {simple details}
    March 1, 2014 / 4:29 am

Shelley, you make me laugh, always talking about the plants you kill!! 🙂 The tulips and white look so fresh and springy on your mantle I can't even imagine a snowstorm out your window! Gorgeous roses, too! Thanks for stopping by Best of the Nest!

23. Lisa @ Shine Your Light
    March 1, 2014 / 1:31 pm

I love this color palette so much, the red is such a cheerful pop of color in the middle of winter!! And there is nothing like fresh plants. I have learned over the years thanks to my mom, that a lot of plants don't like to be moved a lot, so if you find a spot that they thrive in, keep them there. That has worked really well for me lately! Thanks for sharing your pretty mantle on Best Of The Nest Shelley!

24. Shannon Hawk
    March 1, 2014 / 2:00 pm

Tulips are my absolute favorite and I just love them in those white pitchers! Beautiful!

25. Shannon
    March 1, 2014 / 3:03 pm

Gorgeous. This is so cute. Simple and springy! Plus I love tulips.Shannon ~ bohemianjunktion.com

26. Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home
    March 2, 2014 / 12:05 am

So pretty, especially the red tulips…my favorite color! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY…blessings,Cindy

27. Tina C
    March 2, 2014 / 9:52 pm

Love the spring mantle, especially the pops of red. I am so ready for spring.

28. Kathy A Delightsome Life
    March 5, 2014 / 8:42 pm

The tulips add beautiful color to your wonderful mantel decor! I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,Kathy

29. Stacey
    March 17, 2014 / 2:26 pm

Your mantel is so pretty. I love the tulips in the white pitchers!

30. Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva
    March 17, 2014 / 3:49 pm

Love the high contrast with a pop of red. Looks beautiful