Model Home Tour

Don’t you just love when you come across a furnished model home?

Recently I stopped in a decorated model of

Country Classics at Belle Mead New Jersey.

I am not in the market for a new home

but when there is an open house,

I can’t help myself!

It’s always fun to check out decorating details

like coffered ceilings and wallpaper…

The kitchen in this model was pretty traditional.

And huge, I might add!

I was eyeing up some features

I might want to add in my kitchen remodel…

like the pot filler and stainless vent.

And the morning room…

I definitely want one of those!

Now there is something I have always dreamed of…

a back staircase into the kitchen.

Ever since I visited this home I have tried to figure out a way we could put one in our house.  We can’t.  It just wouldn’t fit.  But if I ever buy a new house, I think this feature will be one of my requirements!

And while we are talking requirements…

I really would love a huge family room.

Make that a 2 story family room!

I love all this open space!

Speaking of space,

the master bath was very spacious

and reminded me how much I need to redo mine!

I love a corner tub!

And here we are back in the kitchen.

I was focusing on this room because I need ideas for my kitchen.

Take a look at the above windows.

Don’t you love them?

Now look at my kitchen windows..

From the day we moved in, I have hated how high they are.

I still hate them.

If I do nothing else in that room,

I at least want taller windows!

It sure was fun walking through that model home though!

If you want to see more (since I didn’t take pictures of every room),

hop over to their website,

Country Classics at Belle Mead

where you can get more information

about the homes available.

What features do you like to see in new homes?

Linking to:

So Much Better with Age – Give Me the Goods Monday

The Dedicated House – Make it Pretty Monday

A Stroll Thru Life – Inspire Me Tuesday

Cedar Hill Farmhouse – The Scoop
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia – Tuesdays Treasures
Homestories A to Z – Tutorials and Tips Party
 Savvy Southern Style – Wow us Wednesdays
DIY by Design – Winter Blues Wednesday
Dwellings – Amaze Me Monday

1. Lisa @ Shine Your Light
    February 17, 2014 / 1:33 pm

That kitchen window with the transom at the top is so nice – it would look great in your house!

2. marty (A Stroll Thru Life)
    February 17, 2014 / 1:42 pm

Great home, I could live there in a heartbeat. Love that kitchen window too, it would be perfect in your home. Hugs, Marty

3. Stacey
    February 17, 2014 / 1:50 pm

Very pretty! I love the look of windows right at the kitchen sink. I wonder how much water and gunk would splash up there though.

• Betty Stine
      February 26, 2014 / 1:40 am

A lot, my kitchen windows are one 8" tile, window facing and sill above my counter top. My windows always need cleaning.

4. Stacey
    February 17, 2014 / 1:50 pm

Oh and if I had the chance, I'd definitely do a pot filler at the stove. Imagine how easy that would be for cooking. đŸ™‚

5. Vel Criste
    February 17, 2014 / 2:24 pm

I love doing home tours too! I'm with you on re-doing the bath, I need mine re-done too!

6. Shelia
    February 17, 2014 / 2:34 pm

The house is so beautiful and I've enjoyed my tour.Be a sweetie,Shelia đŸ˜‰

7. ℳartina @ Northern Nesting
    February 17, 2014 / 2:44 pm

Beautiful home…thanks for taking us along on the tour!

8. Yvonne @ StoneGable
    February 17, 2014 / 2:46 pm

Thanks for taking us along on your tour! LOVE LOVE LOVE the layout of this beautiful home. You must have had so much fun going though it!

9. Kelly
    February 17, 2014 / 2:56 pm

That was a beautiful model home. I love touring those too. I like your windows above your sink. I understand your preference for the taller windows, but I don't dislike yours either. Your kitchen is beautiful in that photo.

10. thistlewoodfarm
    February 17, 2014 / 3:03 pm

Thanks so much for sharing! I love the wallpaper in the dining room and I'm so happy you gave us the tour!Have a wonderful and blessed day!karianne

11. Stacy Curran
    February 17, 2014 / 10:47 pm

That model home is gorgeous! i love the coffered veiling so much! And your kitchen windows are FINE – no one but you would notice :)Stacy

12. Monograms Mud
    February 18, 2014 / 2:05 am

I am right there with you: a morning room and rear staircase please!

13. Carol
    February 18, 2014 / 3:53 pm

I love looking through model homes and so does my hubby. We are not in the market to buy, but I think it's fun to keep up with trends and such when you do your own DIY's. That is some kitchen.

14. Judy Fort
    February 18, 2014 / 4:59 pm

Thanks for sharing. Such a lovely and liveable home. Loved the living room and kitchen the best.

15. Pinky at Designs by Pinky
    February 19, 2014 / 1:33 am

Beautiful home!!! We downsized last year and the only thing I DON'T like about our new home is lack of closet space and the small master bath. We have a soaking tub abd shower stall but it is all crammed into a small space. Love the back stairs too. Thanks for the tour!!!!!

16. Courtney Affrunti
    February 19, 2014 / 3:49 pm

A transom would be perfect over your sink windows. I have actually been in the model home you featured! My mom lives in a new Country Classics adult community in NJ and I visited the models when I was helping her pick her finishes. Gorgeous!!

17. Kathryn Ferguson Griffin
    February 24, 2014 / 5:22 am

Shelley, what a great home! Thank you for sharing. You will be one of the features tomorrow at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

18. Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home
    March 2, 2014 / 12:18 am

Just beautiful! I'm like you, not in the market for a new home but will tour them anytime I can! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY…blessings,Cindy

19. Julio Oyola
    May 26, 2014 / 3:40 pm

Wow! Even the first few pics just blew me away. The house looks so amazing. However, what really got me was the intimately elegant corner tub. I totally agree with you on the low windows by the sink. Anyway, I hope you've successfully redone you kitchen by now! Cheers! Julio Oyola @ Vancouver Canada Homes