Wreaths and Bows for Christmas

Every year I buy a fresh wreath for my front door.  I love welcoming guests with real greens but I don’t love cleaning up the needles on the front porch and the foyer.

I usually spend about $30.00 or $40.00 on the wreath but this year, I went artificial!

Please note that this post contains affiliate links which means if you click on the product links and purchase something, I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.

Wreath with Plaid Bow on Black Front Door

I found this 30 inch one at Home Depot and now I will have it for years to come!  I had the ribbon already so I made the bow and I figure I can change it each year for a new look.  (This exact wreath is now discontinued but I found a similar wreath and even a pretty pre-lit wreath.)

Don’t ask me for a bow tutorial though!  I kind of just wing it and basically they come out different every time!  The ribbon I used is 2 1/2 inches and has a wire edge if that helps any.  You might like this bow and or this pretty bow.

Christmas Wreath with plaid bow

Anyway, like I said the wreath is 30″ so it fits perfectly on my door.  And honestly, you really can’t tell it’s artificial  unless you sniff it…and I don’t have any wreath sniffing friends so I think I am okay!

We did buy a “real” Christmas tree today though.  I would never convince my husband to go artificial with that!

Real Christmas tree on car

We went out to buy it first thing this morning.  The snow had just started at that point.  It’s been snowing all day so it’s been a great day to decorate the tree!

Anyway, back to the wreaths and bows…

Wreath in window

The other day, I showed you my kitchen window.  I bought a bunch of these plain wreaths on sale at Michael’s for like $3.99 each!

You might have seen a couple of the wreaths hanging on the french doors in my living room in a recent post.

Christmas Foyer with lights
See them back there?

Here’s a closer shot.

Wreath on french door

I thought about hanging three down the doors but you really don’t see them once the room has been rearranged for the Christmas tree!

Christmas Living Room

(Excuse the bad lighting and photography.)

This one is on my laundry room door.

Wreath with black and white

I just wrapped around some black and white ribbon to match the room.

And I recently hung this one on the dining room mirror.

Wreath hung on mirror in dining room

I used the same ribbon as the front door wreath.

Did you buy many wreaths this year?

PinterestInstagram / Facebook / Twitter

Joining these parties:

Pink When – Sunday ShowcaseThe Tablescaper – Seasonal SundaysA Pretty Life in the Suburbs – Sunday Best Link PartyDwellings The Heart of Your Home – Amaze Me MondaySo Much Better with Age- Give Me the Goods MondayA Stroll thru Life – Inspire Me TuesdayCedar Hill Farmhouse – The ScoopMy Uncommon Slice of Suburbia – Tuesdays TreasuresThe Dedicated House – Make it Pretty MondayHome Stories A to Z – Tutorials Tips Link PartySavvy Southern Style – Wow us WednesdaysDIY by Design -Fall into Fall partyThrifty Decor Chick – Christmas Party 2013It’s Overflowing – All Things Christmas

French Country Cottage – Feathered Nest FridayJennifer Rizzo – Fabulousy Creative FridayCraftberry Bush – Inspiration GalleryLiz Marie – Inspire Me Please PartyChic on a Shoestring Decorating – Flaunt it FridayMarilyn’s Treats – Over the Moon Party

1. Coastal Cottage Dreams
    December 15, 2013 / 1:15 am

Love the wreaths. I have hung wreaths in the past on my house windows. This heat I went with fresh green swags and red ribbon.

2. Kim @ Savvy Southern Style
    December 15, 2013 / 2:28 am

I can't believe that wreath isn't real. Wow! Glad you got your tree before the snow hit. It is so beautiful. I wish we had pretty snow instead of rain today.

3. Sherry Calamia
    December 15, 2013 / 2:37 am

Your wreath looks so real and nice I may go pick one up at Home Depot myself and some seashells to it! We are going to pick up our tree tomorrow morning, can't wait!

4. ℳartina @ Northern Nesting
    December 15, 2013 / 3:36 am

Your wreaths and bows look so pretty!! It's still snowing here in NY too…not suppose to stop till morning:)

5. My beautiful daughters' mom
    December 15, 2013 / 7:58 am

How very beautiful! The wreaths looks so real. In the United States you can find such real looking greenery which is very hard to do here in Sweden. Luckely we have the forest around the corner and can go out and cut branches and Christmas trees there, but they do not last so long inside and thus we have to wait until just a few days before Christmas to bring such things into our houses. I enjoy looking at your beautiful decorations. Thank you for sharing! Kind regards from Anneli in Sweden

6. Carol
    December 15, 2013 / 3:38 pm

I think your front door wreath looks lovely, and you really cannot tell that it's artificial. I have to go with faux-look here because it is just too darn dry. I bought some real & very fresh boughs from TJ's last year, but even soaking and constantly misting, they got dry very fast. I bought a bunch of those inexpensive wreaths from Michael's last year and hung them from our outside front lights with just an outdoor red bow. They were the perfect finishing touch for the outside, so they have returned this year. I think the fauxs are here in my home to stay!

7. Vel Criste
    December 16, 2013 / 1:07 am

Love all the wreaths you placed around your home. As for the tree, never had a real one would you believe? I always decorate very early (like after Halloween) so artificial is the only way to go. Would love to try a real one in the kitchen next year, we'll see. 🙂

8. natasha {schue love}
    December 16, 2013 / 6:57 pm

I love all of your wreaths!! I haven't bought a one and our front door really could use one!

9. Yvonne @ StoneGable
    December 16, 2013 / 10:34 pm

Your front door wreath looks so real! Thanks for the great tip… I'm off the Home Depot! Beautiful wreaths… beautiful home!

10. Dee @ A Lapin Life
    December 17, 2013 / 3:20 pm

Your front door wreath does look real. Your home looks beautiful all decorated for Christmas! It’s snowing here too 🙂

11. marty (A Stroll Thru Life)
    December 17, 2013 / 9:30 pm

Oh your wreaths are all beautiful. I love them. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

12. therelishedroost
    December 18, 2013 / 12:47 am

Well I think I may know you!! You take your kids to Peddlers village then you are close by to me! Is your husband a golfer? Let me know I am in Hunterdon county!Best,Karolyn

13. Patty Rumaker
    December 18, 2013 / 1:37 am

What? No wreath sniffing friends? Well what kind of friends do you have! LOL!!! I love wreaths and I love the real thing but they are so expensive and they don't stick around for next year. I say go with the faux wreaths. Happy Holidays!Patty at Home and Lifestyle Design

14. Michele {Malaysian Meanders}
    December 19, 2013 / 6:17 am

I would have never guessed that it was an artificial wreath from the looks of it. It's so natural! Looking through your Christmas posts, I am getting into the Christmas mood. All my Christmas décor is in storage in Texas, so I am glad to enjoy the ambiance vicariously through you.

15. Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home
    December 22, 2013 / 9:47 pm

Your wreaths look beautiful! Me too about the bows, no two ever look the same! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY! Merry Christmas!!!Blessings,Cindy

16. Marilyn Lesniak
    November 30, 2016 / 8:44 pm

The one over the mirror grabbed my eye. I love when you can have things reflecting back. Thank you for sharing at #OverTheMoon. Please come back next week and share what you have been working on!