Christmas Table with Checks and Plaid

Wow!  It’s already December 1st!

I spent all day Friday cleaning and almost all day Saturday decorating!  The kids helped for a while but they ran out of steam after a few projects.  As it turned out, I kept going strong and even had time for a table setting!

Christmas Table with Pine Cones and Plaid Napkins

I recently purchased these plaid napkins from Pottery Barn, the china is Lenox Courtyard and the charger is from Pier One.

Christmas in the Dining Room
Christmas is the only time of the year I am happy that my dining room is still red.

Pine Cones on Christmas Table

Preppy Plaid Christmas Table Setting

Lantern Centerpiece

Christmas Table in Red Dining Room

Christmas Place Setting with Checks and Plaid

I temporarily moved my cable knit pillows in from the living room to add some extra coziness.

Red Christmas Table

Red Dining Room for Christmas

Now the dining room is done, but I still have a few rooms to touch up.

We get a real tree every year so we wait a couple weeks for that.

How is your decorating coming along?

PinterestInstagram / Facebook / Twitter

Linking to these parties:

The Polohouse – Favorites on the First – Plaid TidingsPink When DIY Sunday ShowcaseThe Tablescaper – Seasonal SundaysDwellings The Heart of Your Home – Amaze Me MondayThe Dedicated House – Make It Pretty MondayCedar Hill Ranch – The ScoopHome Stories A to Z – Tutorials Tips Link PartyA Stroll thru Life – Inspire Me TuesdaySavvy Southern Style – Wow Us WednesdaysDIY by Design – Fall into Fall PartyHomegoods Blog – Design Happy Presents the Holiday Home Link PartyFrench Country Cottage – Feathered Nest FridayCraftberry Bush – The Inspiration Gallery Common Ground – Be InspiredLIz Marie – Inspire Me Please Linky PartySand and Sisal – Christmas Extravaganza Link Party

1. marty (A Stroll Thru Life)
    December 1, 2013 / 2:18 pm

Love your plaid and checks. Such a beautiful room and your decor is perfect for Christmas. Be sure to link up to Inspire Me tomorrow. Hugs, Marty

2. Courtney Affrunti
    December 1, 2013 / 3:22 pm

Looks great. I love the red in your dining room. The lantern as a centerpiece with the red check tablecloth is sweet!

3. ℳartina @ Northern Nesting
    December 1, 2013 / 4:06 pm

LOVE LOVE the plaid and checks!! Your dining room looks so festive and pretty!

4. Linda {Calling it Home}
    December 1, 2013 / 5:58 pm

I love plaid in December….and most of the year, too. What a beautiful table. I will be cleaning out and sorting this week.

5. Babs Richman
    December 1, 2013 / 8:09 pm

Your plaid and checks are so pretty..just right for the holidays. I like your cozy pillows on the chairs, too. I've started decorating and have the nativity scene up. My husband just brought in the tree which we'll decorate tomorrow. Merry Christmas!

6. Alison @ The Polohouse
    December 1, 2013 / 10:44 pm

Hi Shelley!What a gorgeous room!Love your holiday reds and your layering is just lovely.I am so far behind — but then I think it is only December 1st and then I remember to breathe again.I think I will hold off a bit longer for a tree too, at least until next week.I am just shocked how all of our major hardware chainshad all their greens and trees out 1-2 weeks before Thanksgiving!Everything will be dead and brown by the time Christmas gets here~seriously! Why is it such a huge RUSH to get the holidays up now?!!:)I am ever the procrastinator, Shelley!Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful table and roomxoxoxoxAlison

7. Vel Criste
    December 1, 2013 / 11:26 pm

Looks wonderful shelley! Never done plaid for the holidays, your making me think I should! Have a great week!

8. Jann Olson
    December 2, 2013 / 1:32 am

Oh how I love those plaid napkins! I am a lover of red, so this looks so very beautiful and festive to me. Hopped over from Polohouse. Now a new follower. I have a link party, Share Your Cup Thursday. It's about sharing things that make you happy. I'd love if you shared sometime!hugs,Jann

9. Sarah
    December 2, 2013 / 2:28 am

Your new plaid napkins are fun. I'll have to look for a set for our table this year. We love to honor plaid and tartan around here all year long. Happy Holidays!

10. Dianne
    December 2, 2013 / 2:58 am

Darling dining room! The new napkins are prefect and look terrific with the tablecloth. Dianne

11. Christine Graves
    December 2, 2013 / 3:20 am

Gorgeous Dining room….Love the plaid!

12. Nancy {at} powellbrower at home
    December 2, 2013 / 3:30 am

It's beautiful Shelley! love the plaid mixed in. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We just got our tree this weekend and I am starting it all this week. Have a great week. xo Nancy

13. Carol
    December 2, 2013 / 2:32 pm

Looks fantastic, Shelley! I really like the red check tablecloth with the greenery and pinecones!

14. Lisa @ Shine Your Light
    December 2, 2013 / 5:26 pm

I love the plaid, it works so well in your house, Shelley! There is nothing like a cheerful red dining room, so festive and warm!

15. The Tablescaper
    December 3, 2013 / 3:51 am

Your dining room looks so comfy and welcoming.Wonderful to have you Seasonal Sundays.- The Tablescaper

16. Eclectically Vintage
    December 3, 2013 / 1:55 pm

The perfect place for a cozy dinner party – love the plaid!Kelly

17. Jennie Schumann
    December 4, 2013 / 4:03 am

I love your red — I have a red couch! The plaid napkins play so nicely with the gingham tablecloth and your lantern centerpiece provides more interest. Lovely table!

18. Kathy Moreland
    December 4, 2013 / 3:57 pm

Just beautiful! Love your dining room.

19. Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer
    December 6, 2013 / 1:59 am

Love your table setting, and I so love plaids and checks….my Mom did too. Very pretty!

20. Leslie Harris
    December 9, 2013 / 11:26 pm

I agree that there is never a better time to have a red dining room than Christmas. It looks gorgeous. And I'm a lover of checks too! How festive it all looks.