Thanksgiving Touches Around the House

We host Thanksgiving each year

so I am used to preparing for a crowd.

While I still have a lot of shopping and planning for the big turkey day,

I had some time to put a few Thanksgiving touches around the house.

Ballard Shelves - Sonoma Bookcase decorated for Fall

I added some fall-like pieces to my

Ballard Shelves.

Sonoma Bookcase decorated for Fall

I did a quick switch on my mantel.

Fall Mantel with Round Mirror

I just took away the jack-o-lantern and replaced it with a black lantern.

Brilliant I know – lol!

And I swapped out my Zac Brown lyrics

for some Thanksgiving subway art in the bathroom.

Thanksgiving Subway Art

I found the printout on Pinterest

but I can’t seem to find the original source now.

Sorry about that!

I threw some white mini-pumpkins in a basket for the kitchen table.

Basket of white pumpkins

And I hung a little scarecrow on the interior of the front door.

Scarecrow door hanging

So far Rosie hasn’t discovered it.

She is too busy stealing our socks!

Are you preparing your house for Thanksgiving?

Linking to:

The Dedicated House – Make it Pretty Monday

The Everyday Home – The Scoop

Coastal Charm – Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

A Stroll Thru Life – Inspire Me Tuesday

Home Stories A to Z – Tutorials Tips Link Party

DIY by Design – Fall into Fall Party

Savvy Southern Style – Wow us Wednesdays

1. Traci Hutton
    November 18, 2013 / 5:22 pm

Looks great Shelley! Your home is so bright & sunny…We will be traveling this year. Leaving Friday for a few days at Disney and then to family in coastal Georgia for the holiday. Wishing you and yours a lovely Thanksgiving!

2. Carrie @ Cosy Carolina Interiors
    November 18, 2013 / 5:32 pm

I love Thanksgiving but we're right in the middle of a move, so I haven't done any decorating. I can't quite believe that turkey day is already next week! Your decorations look great, Shelley! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!! 🙂

3. Vel Criste
    November 18, 2013 / 5:36 pm

love the subtle touches Shelley! You have a knack for decorating dear, keep at it!

4. Courtney Affrunti
    November 18, 2013 / 6:35 pm

Love those Ballard shelves, Shelley. And all of your touches for Thanksgiving. I also clicked over to read your Zac Brown quote, love that song! Great idea.

5. Dee @ A Lapin Life
    November 18, 2013 / 8:43 pm

I love your Ballards shelves. I see a Jersey girl always has some leopard displayed :)All your fall touches are beautiful. The scarecrow is so cute.

6. Kim @ Savvy Southern Style
    November 18, 2013 / 9:02 pm

It all looks nice and I bet Rosie will discover that soon.

7. ℳartina @ Northern Nesting
    November 19, 2013 / 12:26 am

Very pretty Shelley!!

8. pam {simple details}
    November 19, 2013 / 1:16 am

You are ready!! 🙂 Today Rio brought the cable guy socks from our laundry room!

9. Monograms Mud
    November 19, 2013 / 4:20 am

Love the print in the bathroom…have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

10. Ron
    November 19, 2013 / 11:38 am

Happy Fall, y'all!!! Your Fall touches look great, Shelley! It's hard to believe it's almost TG. xo

11. Carol
    November 19, 2013 / 2:53 pm

Looks lovely, Shelley! Hope you have a wonderful "Turkey Day!"

12. marty (A Stroll Thru Life)
    November 19, 2013 / 7:47 pm

Everything looks so pretty. I love how beautifully you have displayed your shelves. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

13. Heather SettingforFour
    November 19, 2013 / 11:27 pm

I love your thanksgiving decor! Especially your scarecrow doorknob decoration – so cute! I have those in a snowman version that I put on my boys bedroom doors for Christmas! Happy Thanksgiving! Heather

14. Erica {let why lead}
    November 21, 2013 / 1:06 am

I love a basket of mini pumpkins! Confession: We're already pulled out some Christmas. (The kids cajoled me!) Now my house just looks really confused – orange pumpkins AND Christmas stockings?? Haha. I justify it with the fact that we'll be out of town for Thanksgiving. 🙂