One Room Challenge – The Office {Reveal}

After six weeks of transforming an old playroom/dog-room into my office, I am proud to say that I am finished! (Well almost – Plantation shutters take a while to come in!)

Blue and White Office Reveal

I am sure the shutters will help with the morning glare a bit.

Home Office - Reveal

Surprisingly, one point I didn’t think this Dash and Albert rug wouldn’t work in here!  Now it has become one of my favorite things!

Home Office with White Bookcases - Reveal

And speaking of favorite things, I think the Ballard lantern just makes the space!

White Ikea Chair - part of home office reveal

I just picked up this Ikea Ektorp Jennylund chair yesterday!  Nothing like waiting until the last minute.  If you follow me on Instagram (all 2 of you) you saw me ironing the slip cover last night.

Home Office Reveal - One Room Challenge

The paisley pillow from Etsy – Making Fabulous arrived a couple days ago.

Blue and White Home Office Reveal

It was fun pulling blue and white things from around the house and from storage.  So nice to have everything out where I can see them!

Desk and White Bookcases in Home Office Reveal

This is where I blog now.

Orchid in Home Office Reveal

And of course I must have a pink orchid.  I hope it lives.

Potted Palm

Speaking of living…Am I insane for buying all these plants?  Well, these palms where only $7.00 on sale at Lowe’s.  I bought the woven pots at Ikea yesterday.

Shelves in Home Office Reveal

This side of the room still needs some work.  For instance, I need to hang some artwork and deal with the shelves a bit more.  Also, I brought in the hibiscus plant from the deck since it’s getting too cold to keep it outside.  (Not like I would do any better with it in here!)

Home Office at Night - One Room Challenge

Here is a nighttime shot.

Home office with lights - One Room Challenge Reveal

I really need those shutters to come in.  It feels strange sitting in front of the windows at night.

**Update:  The shutters are installed now!

Entrance to Home Office - Reveal

So once again, here is the entrance to the room.

Do you remember what it looked like when I started?

Home Office Before (with new hardwoods installed)

This was after the hardwood floors were installed.

But you might remember what the entrance looked like after my darling doggie attacked the carpet…

Before - thanks to the dog -

What a nightmare!

Island Inspired Home Office Reveal - One Room Challenge

I guess the room has come a long way!

Golden Retriever

And I think Rosie approves!

Thanks again to Linda from Calling it Home for hosting the One Room Challenge!

My Family Room

Please stop by her blog to check out all the final reveals.  Most likely, I will be over there all day!

If you want to view my progress from each week, please click on the links below.

Week #1

Week #2

Week #3

Week #4

Week #5

And here is a recap of my sources:

Wall Paint Color – Benjamin Moore Bone White and the trim is Decorator’s White

Bookcases – Howard Miller by Ty Pennington – repainted Decorator’s White (by me!)

Desk – Hooker Furniture – Leg Desk

Desk Chair – Ikea – Henriksdal Chair – Linneryd Natural

Lighting – Ballard Designs – Carriage House Chandelier (large)

Wood Floors – Somerset Floors – Character collection – Hickory Saddle

Area Rug – Dash and Albert – Trimaran Stripe Navy Ivory Indoor-Outdoor Rug

Slip Covered Chair – Ikea – Ekrorp Jennylund Chair

Low Bookcase – Pier 1 – Nicola Low Bookshelf

Paisley Pillow on Chair – Etsy.com – Making Fabulous

Plants – Lowe’s

Accessories – my own, Homegoods, Marshall’s

Now I guess I am on to the next project!

What are you working on?

I would love for you follow along so you don’t miss a post!

Bloglovin / Instagram / Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest

1. Crissy @ House of Marlowe
    November 7, 2013 / 3:10 pm

Looks great! So inviting…. sure to be an inspiring space for blogging or reading a book. Congrats.

2. Victoria's Vintage Designs
    November 7, 2013 / 3:10 pm

You did such a great job ~ it looks fantastic!!! Enjoy!

3. Traci Hutton
    November 7, 2013 / 3:12 pm

Shelley…it is GORGEOUS!! You have it styled beautifully…loving the plants, fixtire, accessories, just everything. Well done!!

4. pam {simple details}
    November 7, 2013 / 3:41 pm

Shelley, you have to be thrilled!! I know you worked so hard getting it just right, and you nailed it!! I love the graphic rug, the perfect addition to give it pizazz! Enjoy working in there with your sweet girl right by your side, I'm sure!! 🙂

5. Traci Hutton
    November 7, 2013 / 4:03 pm

I hope you don't mind, I will be featuring your space in a ORC wrap-up on my blog tomm!

6. Kim @ Savvy Southern Style
    November 7, 2013 / 4:21 pm

Awesome job, Shelley and can't wait to see it with the shutters.

7. Sand and Shells
    November 7, 2013 / 4:30 pm

Love the rug… it's a must have!

8. Nancy {at} powellbrower at home
    November 7, 2013 / 4:44 pm

Shelley, this is a fantastic room, I would love to have this as my office! It is so beautiful and you did a great job styling those bookcases! Gibbs ate the soap on my prop for my photo! Rosie is adorable, give her a hug.xo Nancy

9. cindy @ a curious gardener
    November 7, 2013 / 6:56 pm

Love every single thing you did, especially the rug! Adorable Rosie is so pretty.

10. Carol
    November 7, 2013 / 8:05 pm

Oh my goodness – that room is fantastic! I love everything about it – from the bookcases to the rug – it all works great together! I know that when those shutters come in they will just be the icing on the cake! Fabulous job!

11. cindy hattersley design
    November 7, 2013 / 8:55 pm

What a great space! Love the stripe rug and the blue & white pillow!

12. Henhurst Interiors
    November 7, 2013 / 10:06 pm

What a perfect room of your own!

13. Kristen Alcorta
    November 7, 2013 / 10:07 pm

So nice! That rug is great. Your bookshelves look really nice, too. Great styling.-kristen @pursuingvintage.com

14. Kimberly Lemmon
    November 7, 2013 / 10:07 pm

I am in love with the striped rug and the clean look of your space. Well done!!

15. Ron
    November 7, 2013 / 11:06 pm

Shelley- You nailed it! It came out great. I love that Dash & Albert rug and the chandelier. I know you will enjoy the room for years to come. xo

16. Shelia
    November 7, 2013 / 11:32 pm

Your office is just gorgeous! Now don't you go in there and mess it up! 🙂 Congratulations on all of your hard work – it's lovely.Be a sweetie,Shelia 🙂

17. stephanie at Stephanie Kraus Designs
    November 8, 2013 / 12:07 am

simple clean and absolutely stunning. love d and a rugs! its just gorg!

18. Dee @ A Lapin Life
    November 8, 2013 / 12:07 am

Shelley your office is beautiful. I pinned it.

19. Kate Decorates
    November 8, 2013 / 12:28 am

Looks amazing! I love the rug and the lantern!

20. Jessica
    November 8, 2013 / 2:03 am

It looks great! That rug does make a huge impact on the room, I agree. I love all the greenery and the blue and white accessories.

21. Linda {Calling it Home}
    November 8, 2013 / 2:11 am

Shelley, I have office envy. I did not realize how large it is. You have so much room to spread out. You know you are living dangerously with the orchids. I killed all of mine. I want a coastal bright office like this one. Great job with all of it. The shutters will be the icing on this cake. Oh, and I am now your 3rd follower on Instagram.

22. Kim
    November 8, 2013 / 2:27 am

Shelley it turned out beautifully! I used that same Ballard Lantern in the very first ORC for a client of mine. Love it!! I am now your 4th instagram follower!! Love the clean space and Rosie seems quite happy with the D&A rug!! xo

23. Improvement List
    November 8, 2013 / 3:23 am

What a beautiful space. I would be so inspired to do my work here. Love the rug. You did a great job!

24. Kris @ Driven by Décor
    November 8, 2013 / 4:05 am

Wish I had a space to blog that is half as beautiful as yours! I agree – your Ballard lantern rocks and I'm loving everything in your bookcase!

25. Lisa @ Shine Your Light
    November 8, 2013 / 4:36 am

Shelley, your office is so beautiful, I would LOVE a space like this in my home!! The blue & white with the wood, and all your styling of the bookshelves is all lovely and perfect. I hope you enjoy it, it came out great with all your hard work!!!!

26. Patty Rumaker
    November 8, 2013 / 5:21 am

Now that is a great place to be able to blog from. What a lovely new office you have. I love the shelving behind the desk and that rug is perfect, as is the light fixture. You did a great job!Patty at Home and Lifestyle Design

27. Sherry Calamia
    November 8, 2013 / 2:07 pm

You did an amazing job tranforming your room! I love all the details, the rug, lantern and the bookshelf, everything is styled so nicely! Great job!

28. SHERRY HART
    November 8, 2013 / 3:45 pm

What a great place to blog now! Love this room and the D&A rug is perfect in that space!

29. Vel Criste
    November 8, 2013 / 7:52 pm

Beautiful space!!!! I knew it would be and it's even better than I imagined!!! Love the styling of the shelves and of course the way you arranged the room. Can't wait to see the shutters come in! You must be very pleased dear!!!! Great job and CHEERS!!!!!

30. Monograms Mud
    November 9, 2013 / 12:44 am

You've created a wonderful office for yourself!!! Now it is time to enjoy all your hard work. Well done:)HugsAmelia

31. Cathy Wall
    November 9, 2013 / 1:07 pm

LOve the final result! And I agree the rug is a favorite element. Your blue & white collection is fantastic as well and the bookcases, amazing! Now go celebrate a job well done!!!

32. Carol
    November 9, 2013 / 4:31 pm

It looks beautiful, Shelley! I think your rug choice is perfect, and I definitely like your light fixture. The shutters are going to be beautiful. I have plantation shutters throughout our home and just love them. I would get totally freaked out sitting in front of that window at night….lol!

33. Laurel Stephens
    November 9, 2013 / 5:29 pm

Your office turned out so beautifully! The rug doesn't "wobble" with the furniture in there at all. It's perfect. Everything is perfect. I Love the chair and lantern, the bookshelves and desk… all of it!

34. kate@willowinteriors
    November 10, 2013 / 2:32 am

This office is awesome! The floors, rug, blue and white goodness and lantern! Call me crazy but I think some plantation shutters would just finish this space! 🙂 Seriously, well done! And the doggie is pretty cute too!

35. Elisa of Fancy Free Me
    November 10, 2013 / 3:43 am

Your study is fab! The rug looks great in there and I love the lantern too. I think the shutters will add a great deal of charm in the room too. You did a great job!!

36. Tricia
    November 10, 2013 / 1:36 pm

Congratulations on creating such a gorgeous space to work in. You've come along way baby from that dog attacked carpet! I love the light, airy and peaceful feel of the room – you're just going to have to become a workaholic so you never have to leave that room again.

37. Courtney Affrunti
    November 11, 2013 / 12:22 pm

Shelley, it turned out AWESOME! I love everything, especially the rug and chandelier…and the bookshelves!! The Ikea chair fits the space perfectly. I'm glad Rosie likes the rug because I am sure she will be spending lots of time in there with you. Enjoy your great new space.

38. Dixie Delights
    November 11, 2013 / 2:07 pm

Shelley, You nailed it! I love everything… really everything. Of course I think that rug really makes the space, but I also love the bookshelves and the lantern. Congrats!!!!!!!!!

39. Carrie @ Cosy Carolina Interiors
    November 11, 2013 / 5:43 pm

It looks beautiful, Shelley!! I love the rug and the Ballard light fixture. All the plants really make it come alive (they wouldn't necessarily stay alive at my house, but I've got my fingers crossed for you!) 🙂

40. Lisa Rozario
    November 12, 2013 / 2:28 am

What a great space and such great natural light! Love the floors and the shelves and great styling of them!

41. Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door
    November 12, 2013 / 4:26 pm

The rug works perfectly! And I love the lantern too. What a fab place to blog from. The creativity will flow! New follower!

42. Carrie @ Hazardous Design
    November 13, 2013 / 1:44 pm

LOVE. Especially the rug. It gives the room a really fresh and modern vibe.

43. Lobster Meets Peach
    November 20, 2013 / 1:28 pm

I just love how it all came together! Looks wonderful!!!

44. Shelley | Crazy Wonderful
    January 17, 2014 / 3:53 pm

What an awesome room! Glad you didn't give up on the rug, it looks perfect in there. And after seeing the carriage lantern in your office, it makes me want it 🙂