Simple Black and Orange Mantel

Oh the pressure to come up with something interesting

for the fall mantel!

Ever since I switched out my rectangle mirror for a round one,

I have had trouble being creative with my mantel.

For this year’s fall mantel

I stuck with a simple, symmetrical arrangement.

I just used things I had in my fall storage bin.

Added in my old-standby black candlesticks…

And white pumpkins to even out the white.

(I only had two orange candles so I mixed in white ones.)

I found this little felt witches hat in one of my bins.

I thought it added a silly touch to the jack-o’-lantern.

And there you have my 2013 fall mantel!

If you would like to see what I have done in previous years,

check out my recap post HERE.

Have you decorated your mantel for fall or Halloween yet?

Linking to:
A Stroll Thru Life – Inspire Me Tuesday
Coastal Charm – Niifty Thrifty Tuesday
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia – Tuesdays Treasures
Not Just a Housewife – Show Me What Ya Got
Cedar Hill Ranch – The Scoop
DIY by Design – Fall into Fall Party
Savvy Southern Style – Wow Us Wednesdays
No Minimalist Here – Open House Blog Party
Home Decor by Eva – Marvelous Monday Linky Party (NEW!!)
Common Ground- Be Inspired Halloween
French Country Cottage – Feathered Nest Friday
Craftberry Bush – The Inspiration Gallery
Finding Fabulous – Frugalicious Friday
Jennifer Rizzo – Fabulously Creative Friday Linky Party
Liz Marie – Inspire Me Please
The Shabby Nest – Frugal Friday
A Stylish Interior – Stylish Friday Finds
Dwellings – Amaze Me Monday
Under the Table and Dreaming – Sunday Showcase Party
So Much Better With Age – Give Me the Goods Monday
The Dedicated House – Make It Pretty Monday

1. Coastal Cottage Dreams
    October 8, 2013 / 1:38 pm

Love it Shelley. I am almost done my mantle, working on my porch now. Have a great week.

2. Cass @ That Old House
    October 8, 2013 / 2:15 pm

Haven't done ANY of it — although I did get the 3 bins out of the cellar on Sunday. Baby steps. Love your mantle — the bittersweet vine ties it all together nicely.Thanks for sharing!Cass

3. Traci Hutton
    October 8, 2013 / 2:18 pm

I've always loved your Autumn mantels…this is no exception! Today it actually feels Fall-ish for a change!

4. marty (A Stroll Thru Life)
    October 8, 2013 / 3:12 pm

I love this, so perfect. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

5. ℳartina @ Northern Nesting
    October 8, 2013 / 9:45 pm

Super cute!!

6. At The Picket Fence
    October 8, 2013 / 11:37 pm

It looks so cute Shelley! :-)Vanessa

7. Michele Reynolds
    October 9, 2013 / 12:24 am

Sweet mantel. Love the pumpkin's witch hat:)

8. Dining Delight
    October 10, 2013 / 7:39 pm

Funny, how you say you have trouble decorating your mantel since you switched to that lovely round mirror – because your linky pic showing it, is what drew me here! I recently switched out my black round mirror to something different but now am thinking of going back! I think you've done an excellent job featuring that jack-o-lantern and accessorizing with the candlesticks – plays off the black in your mirror perfectly!DD

9. shelley
    October 11, 2013 / 2:33 pm

You're name is Shelley, too? 🙂 And you spell it the 'right way' – hahaha…Love you mantel – Simple and Classic!

10. ~Lavender Dreamer~
    October 13, 2013 / 9:32 pm

How sweet! It's the little details that make such a big difference! And I love your pretty candles! Happy Fall!

11. Confessions of a Plate Addict
    October 14, 2013 / 2:37 am

Just wanted to let you know that your mantel is featured on my blog! Thanks so much for sharing at The Scoop! Hugs…Debbiehttp://confessionsofaplateaddict.blogspot.com/2013/10/20-fun-halloween-ideas.html

12. JoAnn Hutcheson
    October 14, 2013 / 2:47 pm

Very nice and simple mantel! sometimes there's no need to get all fluffed up ;-D I have the same black candleholders, too! very versatile. I use mine year round. and I love black furniture.

13. Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home
    October 19, 2013 / 9:00 pm

So very nice, simply perfect! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY…Blessings,Cindy