Simple Black and Orange Mantel

Oh the pressure to come up with something interesting for the fall mantel!  Actually, I shouldn’t feel pressured at all…it should be fun to decorate, right?

This year, I just went with a simple black and orange mantel!

Ever since I switched out my rectangle mirror for a round one, I have had trouble being creative with my mantel.

So, for this year’s fall mantel I stuck with a simple, symmetrical arrangement.  Symmetry is always pleasing to my eye.

Since I didn’t want to buy a bunch of new accessories, I just used things I had in my fall storage bin.

As always, my old-standby black candlesticks made an appearance.

To lighten up all the black, I added some white pumpkins to the ends.

(I only had two orange candles so I mixed in white ones.)

In one of my bins, I found this little felt witches hat.  I thought it added a silly touch to the jack-o’-lantern.

And there you have my simple black and orange mantel!  Sometimes the easy way is the best way!  Now there’s more time for pumpkin spice treats!

If you would like to see what I have done in previous years, check out my recap post HERE.

Have you decorated your mantel for fall or Halloween yet?

1. Coastal Cottage Dreams
    October 8, 2013 / 1:38 pm

Love it Shelley. I am almost done my mantle, working on my porch now. Have a great week.

2. Cass @ That Old House
    October 8, 2013 / 2:15 pm

Haven't done ANY of it — although I did get the 3 bins out of the cellar on Sunday. Baby steps. Love your mantle — the bittersweet vine ties it all together nicely.Thanks for sharing!Cass

3. Traci Hutton
    October 8, 2013 / 2:18 pm

I've always loved your Autumn mantels…this is no exception! Today it actually feels Fall-ish for a change!

4. marty (A Stroll Thru Life)
    October 8, 2013 / 3:12 pm

I love this, so perfect. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

5. ℳartina @ Northern Nesting
    October 8, 2013 / 9:45 pm

Super cute!!

6. At The Picket Fence
    October 8, 2013 / 11:37 pm

It looks so cute Shelley! :-)Vanessa

7. Michele Reynolds
    October 9, 2013 / 12:24 am

Sweet mantel. Love the pumpkin's witch hat:)

8. Dining Delight
    October 10, 2013 / 7:39 pm

Funny, how you say you have trouble decorating your mantel since you switched to that lovely round mirror – because your linky pic showing it, is what drew me here! I recently switched out my black round mirror to something different but now am thinking of going back! I think you've done an excellent job featuring that jack-o-lantern and accessorizing with the candlesticks – plays off the black in your mirror perfectly!DD

9. shelley
    October 11, 2013 / 2:33 pm

You're name is Shelley, too? 🙂 And you spell it the 'right way' – hahaha…Love you mantel – Simple and Classic!

10. ~Lavender Dreamer~
    October 13, 2013 / 9:32 pm

How sweet! It's the little details that make such a big difference! And I love your pretty candles! Happy Fall!

11. Confessions of a Plate Addict
    October 14, 2013 / 2:37 am

Just wanted to let you know that your mantel is featured on my blog! Thanks so much for sharing at The Scoop! Hugs…Debbiehttp://confessionsofaplateaddict.blogspot.com/2013/10/20-fun-halloween-ideas.html

12. JoAnn Hutcheson
    October 14, 2013 / 2:47 pm

Very nice and simple mantel! sometimes there's no need to get all fluffed up ;-D I have the same black candleholders, too! very versatile. I use mine year round. and I love black furniture.

13. Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home
    October 19, 2013 / 9:00 pm

So very nice, simply perfect! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY…Blessings,Cindy