Door Decor for the 4th

This summer, our front door has been looking a little empty.  Then while digging through the basement, I came across a patriotic looking hanging basket that I bought from Michael’s last year.

Simple Door Decor for the 4th of July

So, I decided to throw some in some fake greens and a couple flags and call it a day.

Can’t get much simpler than that!

Front Door with Flags - Simple Decor for the 4th of July

I think it is fine for now, considering the 4th is next week.

But I am definitely on the look out for a similar basket in a larger size to fill the space better.

Have you decorated your door for the 4th?

Simple Door Decor for the 4th of July

1. Emily
    June 24, 2013 / 2:56 pm

I like your basket! It looks cute. I have a patriotic wreath on my front door (and side and patio doors) right now. I am going patriotic all summer. 🙂

2. Monograms Mud
    June 24, 2013 / 4:48 pm

Oh thanks for reminding me to get my flags out!! Love the door:)

3. pam {simple details}
    June 24, 2013 / 7:54 pm

Yikes! I have got to get my act together. Your door looks perfectly festive and ready!

4. Lobster Meets Peach
    June 24, 2013 / 8:09 pm

Such a cute basket! And thanks for reminding me that the 4th is closer than I thought;)

5. Karen Albert
    June 25, 2013 / 3:07 pm

Oh no I have not done a thing, may enlist youngest granddaughter to assist! Love the basket!xoxoKarenaGiveaway by The Enchanted Home

6. Art and Sand
    June 27, 2013 / 7:50 am

I just put up a wreath which I never do, but I think I want to go find a basket like yours instead.

7. Laurel Stephens
    June 29, 2013 / 3:55 pm

What a great idea! Pinning!

8. Sarah
    July 2, 2013 / 5:05 am

Looks great! I recently ordered a flat basket for hanging on the front porch. Hope it arrives before the 4th so I can fill it with flowers and flags. Happy 4th!

9. Ricki Jill Treleaven
    July 2, 2013 / 1:10 pm

I love it! I love seasonal door baskets, and yours is fantastic!Linking from The Polo House,Ricki Jill

10. Alison @ The Polohouse
    July 2, 2013 / 9:54 pm

Hi Shelley!I have been hanging my old wicker fishing creels on the front door for a couplw years now but had to take it down since I keep forgetting to buy something fresh to put in it!Your door looks great — love a black door.Great curb appeal for the holiday!Have a great one.xoxAlison

11. Jenny
    July 5, 2013 / 6:15 pm

Alas, my front door is naked for the 4th of July. 😉 Great find and a great way to put it to use! Now if only it would stop raining here – the biggest 4th of July washout ever!Thanks for linking up to my Project Party!

12. Beverly Roderick
    June 5, 2016 / 3:34 pm

Cute basket and the flags are the perfect finishing touch.