Some of My Favorites for 2012

When I started making a list of projects I would like to accomplish in 2013, I took a look back over my favorite projects in 2012.

Here are a few…

At the beginning of the year, we installed a beadboard ceiling in my laundry room. I still smile every time I go in there!

Beadboard Ceiling

And soon after we added a schoolhouse light which really finished the look.

Laundry Lighting – Before and After

My eight year old was tired of his “baby” room so in the spring we gave him an update…(with his input of course!)

My Son’s Room – Before and After

He adores his new room now!

I tackled my messy master closet!…

Master Closet Organization

And am proud to say,it st ill looks pretty close to this today!

And just recently, I bought the Ballard Sonoma Bookcase for my conservatory.

Decorating the New Shelves

This purchase has jump-started some ideas for the room and I plan to add some more pieces in there

in 2013!

Wow, 2012 really blew by didn’t it?
In case you missed them, here are some of my favorites for 2011.

I have enjoyed blogging so much this year
and look forward to sharing more projects with you
in 2013!

Best wishes for a Happy New Year!
Cheers everyone!
xxoo

What projects did you accomplish this year?

Linking to:

Jennifer Rizzo – Fabulously Creative Friday Linky Party

Craftberry Bush – Linky Party Showcasing Your Best of 2012

French Country Cottage – Feathered Nest Friday

At the Picket Fence – Inspiration Friday

Southern Hospitality – Top DIY Projects of 2012 Party

Serenity Now – Weekend Bloggy Reading

Savvy Southern Style – Wow Us Wednesdays

1. Coastal Cottage Dreams
    December 28, 2012 / 2:34 pm

I really love your beadboard ceiling in your laundry room. It looks lovely. Have a great weekend

2. Megan
    December 28, 2012 / 2:39 pm

Your son's room turned out great! My son would love that train poster- he's so into trains right now.

3. Ron
    December 28, 2012 / 2:43 pm

Great projects, Shelley. It is great meeting you in the blog world. Cheers to 2013!!!! xo

4. Dixie Delights
    December 28, 2012 / 3:27 pm

Love them and want to do some of the same ones in 2013 – laundry, master closet and the pcp's room!! Happy new year girl! xo

5. Rustown Mom
    December 28, 2012 / 3:41 pm

I love the bookshelf and the closet organization. Looking forward to doing that a bit myself in January…

6. Princess Kate
    December 28, 2012 / 4:26 pm

Such a successful year you had decorating. Absolutely love the beadboard ceiling. I already have that on my list to do in my laundry room in 2013. Blessings to you and yours for the New Year.

7. Ann from On Sutton Place
    December 28, 2012 / 6:27 pm

I would smile if I had a beadboard ceiling too! Your laundry room puts mine to shame. Happy New Year Shelley!

8. Sherry Calamia
    December 28, 2012 / 7:31 pm

Your beadboard ceiing and your son's room turned out amazing! Thanks for stopping by and leaving such nice comment, you don't know how much I appreciate it! I wish you and your family a very Happy New Year!

9. Terry Moore
    December 28, 2012 / 11:47 pm

Well hands down that beadboard ceiling and light fixture it the tops. I love so many things you do. Come by and check out my best of 2012!

10. My Crafty Home Life
    December 29, 2012 / 12:37 am

You got a lot done in 2012. They year went fast for me, too. I am looking forward to a productive 2013. Will you be making a list?

11. Art and Sand
    December 29, 2012 / 4:40 am

You certainly accomplished a lot. I had not thought about what I accomplished in 2012 until I started reading all sorts of blogs today. Sometimes we focus on what we haven't done instead of accomplishments. My 1 year blogging date is coming up soon so I think I will do a look back then. Blogging has been my impetus to get things done.Happy New Year!

12. pam {simple details}
    December 29, 2012 / 5:25 am

Wow, I can't believe it's been a year since you did the laundry room, I love it just as much today! Great accomplishments, Shelley!

13. Deneen@dreaming-n-color
    December 29, 2012 / 3:22 pm

Isn't it great to go back and see what you have done over the year? We have accomplished a lot and it is so rewarding. Great thing about blogging is that you get projects done! Sorry I couldn't meet up with you. Maybe next time! Thanks for being a follower!

14. Jane@Bluebird1959
    December 31, 2012 / 12:04 am

What a beautiful year in review…..I especially love your laundry room ceiling. Happy New Year! Jane

15. 8)(8
    December 31, 2012 / 5:42 am

I love your bead board ceiling. Serendipitous. This weekend my spouse and I have been working on a similar one for our kitchen.

16. Becca
    January 3, 2013 / 1:42 am

I love all of your projects from 2012 … the bead board ceiling is amazing! Happy New Year!

17. Anonymous
    March 20, 2013 / 5:41 pm

I’m so happy with your accomplishments, Calypso! Especially with your son’s room, which is incredible! The room turned into a cool haven. It would suit to every kid’s unpredictable mood.Terence Watthens

18. clint b
    October 24, 2014 / 11:44 am

I love your ideas! I am getting divorced and am leaving my large suburban home and moving to a small 1950's craftsman that my ex just scoffs at. I am a contractor and pretty creative. It is my plan to make this little house a real charmer. I have a 5 year old and I love the paint color in your boys room. Would you mind sharing what it is?

• Calypso In The Country
      October 25, 2014 / 4:46 pm

Clint – I wasn't able to respond back to you since you are showing as a "no reply" but the color is Benjamin Moore Amsterdam. Hope that helps!Shelley