Christmas Touches Around the House

This year I went a little light on the holiday decor, but I do have a few Christmas touches around the house…

Of course, our Christmas Elf shows up in different spots around my house each morning.

And the kids race to update our old Santa advent calendar each day.

The snowman on the inside of the front door brightens up the foyer.

Ah yes, the tree.  My husband put on the lights and the boys hung every single ornament themselves.

My eight year old stood on a chair to get the high ones and didn’t fall into the tree once!

Don’t you love the clusters of ornaments?  Classic.

Believe me…I wouldn’t change it for the world!

As you can see, we put the tree in the living room instead of the family room this year.

We can close the living room off from a certain “fur ball” a lot easier.

Click HERE to see how the tree looked in the family room last year.

You might remember my Santa Christmas Table.  It was just featured at DIY by Design today! (Thanks Judy!)

But this is what the dining room looked like before I set up the Santa table.

My Christmas mantel is very uncomplicated this year…just a few simple touches of holiday decor.

By using bunches of faux and fresh greenery, I dressed up my baker’s rack to celebrate the season!

And my new Somoma Bookcase from Ballard Designs got the Christmas treatment.

I added a cute pillow from Target to my son’s bed.

And while I was at Target I bought this fabric star to hang over the little one’s bed.

It’s hard to believe Christmas is less than a week away!

I hope you enjoyed Christmas around my house!

Did you finish decorating yet?

1. Sweet Posy Dreams
    December 20, 2012 / 1:43 am

We often put a train around our tree, too. And ditto on the living room for the main tree — keeps the dog away!

2. Coastal Cottage Dreams
    December 20, 2012 / 3:07 am

Your home decor looks wonderful, so nice that your children helped out with the tree. Yes I am finished with my decorating jut need to make some more cookies. Happy Holidays.

3. Heather
    December 20, 2012 / 3:26 am

Love the elf in the chandelier! All your holiday decor looks great, Shelley. I am done decorating and shopping. Now comes the baking and cooking!

4. Shelia
    December 20, 2012 / 3:29 am

Your home looks so charming all dressed up for Christmas! Merry Christmas and be a sweetie,Shelia 😉

5. pam {simple details}
    December 20, 2012 / 2:18 pm

So pretty, Shelley ~ my favorite is your baker's rack in the kitchen, I always love seeing how you change it up for the seasons, the white with greenery is gorgeous! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

6. Coastalpines
    December 20, 2012 / 2:57 pm

Shelley your home looks lovely! Happy Holidays to you and yours!Sorry I never responded to your email. We're ok. Our family & friends are not. We have been rallying around all of those displaced. It's getting better, but it's going to take a long time. My in-laws in Normandy Beach and and my bf in Ortley are going to have to rebuild. Thankfully my stepsons family should be returning home to Lavallette in Feb. I hope to return to blogging after the New Year. Thanks you SO much for your concern and I hope you guys fared well during the storm. Take care, Traci

7. Shelia
    December 20, 2012 / 3:24 pm

Hi Shelly! I'm popping back in to say how I adore your baker's rack! I just love coming into your house and peeping around.Merry Christmas and be a sweetie,Shelia 😉

8. Shelia
    December 20, 2012 / 3:24 pm

9. New Jersey Memories
    December 20, 2012 / 11:23 pm

Your house and decorations look absolutely wonderful! I like that the elf shows up in a different spot each day. Your boys did a great job of decorating the tree, too!

10. Robyn
    December 21, 2012 / 4:51 pm

Everything looks beautiful.. I ADORE your Advent Calendar! and I love the way the boys decorated the tree.. I wouldn't change any of those clusters either! 🙂 Robyn

11. Sherry @ No Minimalist Here
    December 21, 2012 / 9:22 pm

Your Christmas decor looks beautiful, Shelly. Thanks for joining the Open House party and Happy Holidays.

12. Carol
    December 21, 2012 / 10:29 pm

Your Christmas decor is so lovely, Shelley. The tree looks beautiful!

13. Bonnie@Creative Decorating
    December 22, 2012 / 5:21 am

The tree is adorable. Especially since the kids decorated it! All your Christmas decor looks great. I love all these pictures I am seeing everywhere of what their Elf on the Shelf is doing! Some are pretty funny!Have a Merry Christmas!!

14. SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla
    December 22, 2012 / 10:20 am

Happy Holidays! Lovely and Christmassy 🙂 Seasons Greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

15. Petie@inspirednesting.com
    December 22, 2012 / 5:35 pm

Happy holidays! Enjoyed the Christmas tour. I'm loving your new bookcase – what a great piece. The Christmas touches in your kids rooms are very sweet. I'm hoping to find some great stuff at Target after Christmas 🙂

16. Kim @ Savvy Southern Style
    December 23, 2012 / 3:44 pm

Everything is very festive looking. Not light looking to me. Just right.Merry Christmas!:)Kim

17. Diane
    December 27, 2012 / 4:57 pm

Lovely tour. Your home is so pretty and even prettier this time of the year!

18. Paula@SweetPea
    December 12, 2013 / 4:18 pm

I love seeing your 2012 decor! Thanks so much for sharing it with Throwback Thursday.

19. Denyse @ Glitter, Glue, Paint
    December 13, 2013 / 9:38 pm

Your home is beautiful. I love the decor. Thanks for sharing at Throwback Thursday.xoxoDenyse