Fall Table Setting with Apples

Since it is starting to feel like fall around here, I was inspired to set a fall table setting with apples!

fall table in kitchen

After all, apples are in season so why not decorate with them!

basket of red apples

Instead of using a runner down the center of my table, I simply filled two long baskets with apples and placed them on both sides of the centerpiece.

Also, the red became the inspiration for the colors on the table.

For the centerpiece, I just filled a red jar with wheat.  The color and texture of the wheat feels like fall!

Red and white fall table

You can’t go wrong with red and white checks for fall.  These red and cream checked placemats have been in my collection for years.  I think I bought them in a country store in Vermont…or maybe it was Bucks County, PA…

fall place setting with apples

But since I only have four of the checked placemats, I used the cream colored ones on the ends and picked up the red in the wine glasses.

This worked out well because I only had four of the amber colored glasses too!  Even if you don’t have a full set of something, you can still mix things up and make it look intentional.

To add more red, I used these pillows I bought from Marshall’s a couple months ago.

fall place setting with white napkin and red and white buffalo checked place mat

The casual napkins add to the country feel.  (Which is basically my excuse for not ironing them!)

Years ago, I bought the amber glasses from from Southern Living at Home so they are obviously now discontinued.

fall table setting with apples

Too bad it is rainy out since it doesn’t do much for the lighting in here.  Although, a rainy day feels cozy in the fall!

table setting for fall

So, there is my first table setting of the fall using things I already own…and some apples.

Have you used apples in your fall table settings?

signature

Decorating the Table for Fall with Apples

1. Kim @ Savvy Southern Style
    September 19, 2012 / 2:41 am

Love using apples for fall settings. Nice to see them instead of all the pumpkins. Pretty table and we will be much cooler the rest of the week.

2. Debra
    September 19, 2012 / 3:29 am

Very pretty. I love the apples in the baskets – such a creative idea.

3. Sand and Shells
    September 19, 2012 / 9:04 am

What a beautiful table setting! Love the wheat, the red & cream checked placemates, the apples… it's a lovely countr look!!!Happy Fall and enjoy your day!

4. Keeping it Cozy
    September 19, 2012 / 11:38 am

Your long baskets filled with apples are so pretty. This time of the year I just love apples… for eating and decorating!

5. Dixie Delights
    September 19, 2012 / 1:16 pm

I always love your table settings! Do you leave them out on display? I can never seem to pull that off because I end up needing the table for some art or craft project 🙂 xo

• Calypso In The Country
      September 19, 2012 / 5:58 pm

Aww thanks Amanda! If I do a table setting in the dining room, I leave it for awhile – because that room barely gets used. When I use the kitchen table, it only lasts that day. We enjoy it for one meal (and the boys wonder why the table is "so fancy" for no particular reason.) Then I clear it off. -Shelley

6. marty (A Stroll Thru Life)
    September 19, 2012 / 6:22 pm

Apples are perfect. This looks amazing. So simple and yet so lovely. Your tablescape is gorgeous. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

7. Erica {let why lead}
    September 19, 2012 / 9:20 pm

So fun and homey! I can hardly believe it's approaching the end of September!

8. Robyn
    September 22, 2012 / 1:37 am

The table looks absolutely beautiful.. I like apples as well. They also remind me so much of fall.. Robyn

9. Nancy at maddalee™
    September 22, 2012 / 3:14 am

Very very pretty table and home, I'm so glad I came across your blog. Thank you for sharing, here I go to look through more!Nancy at maddalee

10. Honey at 2805
    September 22, 2012 / 5:56 am

The red red apples are so pretty in your charming tablescape! I would be delighted for you to link it to Potpourri Friday, in progress and register for the $50 gift card from Shabby Apple!

11. Ann from On Sutton Place
    September 23, 2012 / 1:42 am

I love your real apples and the pillows are fabulous. I'm not very good at tablescapes but I'm pinning this one anyway. You never know…I might need it someday!

12. Judy
    September 25, 2012 / 1:32 pm

Absolutely beautiful. I will be featuring this tonight at my Fall into Fall party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks.

• Calypso In The Country