Fall Table Setting with Apples

It is starting to feel like fall around here.

So I decided to celebrate with a table setting!

And since I just bought a bunch of apples,

I thought I would use them in the place of a runner…

and as the inspiration for the colors.

Wheat also feels like fall to me.

I have had these red and cream checked placemats for years.

I think I bought them in a country store in Vermont.

But since I only have four of the checked placemats,

I used the cream colored ones on the ends…

and picked up the red in the wine glasses.

This worked out well

because I only had four of the amber colored glasses too!

I added more red with the pillows I bought from Marshall’s

a couple months ago.

The casual napkins add to the country feel.

(Which is basically my excuse for not ironing them!)

The amber glasses were from Southern Living at Home

which is now called Willow House.

I don’t think they carry them anymore though.

Too bad it is rainy out.

It doesn’t do much for the lighting in here.

So, there is my first table setting of the fall

using things I already own…

and some apples.

Have you started decorating for fall yet?

Linking to:

A Stroll Thru Life – Table Top Tuesday

Savvy Southern Style – Wow Us Wednesdays

Coastal Charm – Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

DIY By Design – Fall Into Fall Party

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia – Tuesdays Treasures

The Lettered Cottage – Fall Table Decorating Ideas Link Party

At the Picket Fence – Inspiration Friday

Between Naps on the Porch – Tablescape Thursday

1. Kim @ Savvy Southern Style
    September 19, 2012 / 2:41 am

Love using apples for fall settings. Nice to see them instead of all the pumpkins. Pretty table and we will be much cooler the rest of the week.

2. Debra
    September 19, 2012 / 3:29 am

Very pretty. I love the apples in the baskets – such a creative idea.

3. Sand and Shells
    September 19, 2012 / 9:04 am

What a beautiful table setting! Love the wheat, the red & cream checked placemates, the apples… it's a lovely countr look!!!Happy Fall and enjoy your day!

4. Keeping it Cozy
    September 19, 2012 / 11:38 am

Your long baskets filled with apples are so pretty. This time of the year I just love apples… for eating and decorating!

5. Dixie Delights
    September 19, 2012 / 1:16 pm

I always love your table settings! Do you leave them out on display? I can never seem to pull that off because I end up needing the table for some art or craft project 🙂 xo

• Calypso In The Country
      September 19, 2012 / 5:58 pm

Aww thanks Amanda! If I do a table setting in the dining room, I leave it for awhile – because that room barely gets used. When I use the kitchen table, it only lasts that day. We enjoy it for one meal (and the boys wonder why the table is "so fancy" for no particular reason.) Then I clear it off. -Shelley

6. marty (A Stroll Thru Life)
    September 19, 2012 / 6:22 pm

Apples are perfect. This looks amazing. So simple and yet so lovely. Your tablescape is gorgeous. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

7. Erica {let why lead}
    September 19, 2012 / 9:20 pm

So fun and homey! I can hardly believe it's approaching the end of September!

8. Robyn
    September 22, 2012 / 1:37 am

The table looks absolutely beautiful.. I like apples as well. They also remind me so much of fall.. Robyn

9. Nancy at maddalee™
    September 22, 2012 / 3:14 am

Very very pretty table and home, I'm so glad I came across your blog. Thank you for sharing, here I go to look through more!Nancy at maddalee

10. Honey at 2805
    September 22, 2012 / 5:56 am

The red red apples are so pretty in your charming tablescape! I would be delighted for you to link it to Potpourri Friday, in progress and register for the $50 gift card from Shabby Apple!

11. Ann from On Sutton Place
    September 23, 2012 / 1:42 am

I love your real apples and the pillows are fabulous. I'm not very good at tablescapes but I'm pinning this one anyway. You never know…I might need it someday!

12. Judy
    September 25, 2012 / 1:32 pm

Absolutely beautiful. I will be featuring this tonight at my Fall into Fall party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks.

• Calypso In The Country