Quintessential New England Town

Let’s take a walk through the picturesque New England town of Woodstock, Vermont.

When most people hear the name, “Woodstock”, they think of a huge music festival in the 60’s. Well, that Woodstock is in New York State.  The Woodstock I am showing you is located in Vermont…in a whole different world!

Homes of Woodstock, VT

Woodstock, Vermont is an elegant New England town about a half hour east of Killington.

Town of Woodstock, VT

The center of town is filled with restaurants, boutiques, book stores and art galleries.

Woodstock, VT - A charming New England town

Too bad I didn’t take enough pictures of this area known as The Green.  To the right (not pictured for some crazy reason) is the majestic Woodstock Inn and Resort.  Since we stay in Killington when we go to Vermont, I probably won’t ever get a chance to stay at the hotel.  Although, I guess I could just go to their spa next time.  Check their website out.  It’s quite impressive!

Woodstock, VT House - a beautiful New England town

Speaking of impressive…

Houses along the streets of Woodstock, VT

Part of the fun of Woodstock is walking down the streets and staring at the distinguished homes.

Woodstock, VT General Store - one of Vermont's oldest general stores

Woodstock is also known for its charming shops.

This is one of Vermont’s oldest general stores: F H Gillinghams and Sons.  They have seem to have everything in this store!  Why would anyone ever want to leave this town?

Town of Woodstock, VT

Here we are on our way to our favorite bookstore: The Yankee Bookshop. The kids love that place mostly because the owners keep their two Bernese Mountain dogs in the store.  Check them out on their website.

Woodstock, VT

How could you not be happy here?  It’s almost like time stood still..in a good way.

Homes of Woodstock, VT

So pretty.  Who wouldn’t love a house with a white fence?

Vermonts homes - Woodstock Vermont

Kids, I’m home!

White Home with Black Shutters - classic New England architecture

I have always been obsessed with white houses with black shutters.  I could stare at this house all day!

Are you planning any trips to Vermont?

Please let me know if you stay at the Woodstock Inn so I can live vicariously through you!

Exploring Woodstock, VT - A Quintessential New England Town

Linking to:

Savvy Southern Style – Wow Us Wednesdays, Diy by Design – Fall into Fall Party, The Tablescaper – Oh the Places I’ve Been, Travel Photo Discovery – Travel Photo Mondays

1. Clydia
    November 15, 2011 / 2:37 pm

I didn't really think towns like this existed anymore! I want to move there… Love the homes! Thanks for sharing.xoxo,Clydiathreemangoseeds.blogspot.com

2. Kim @ Savvy Southern Style
    November 15, 2011 / 2:52 pm

This is the cutest picturesque town. I would love to visit it one day. I hope we will venture out in an RV some day.

3. pam {simple details}
    November 15, 2011 / 11:07 pm

Thanks for the tour of the quaint town and beautiful homes! I could walk miles and stalk neighborhoods! 🙂

4. Heather
    November 16, 2011 / 2:06 am

What a wonderful place! I wish I was rich and had all sorts of homes in different parts of the country. I could live there for a little while, and then when the snow came I could go to my next beautiful home! Thanks for sharing!

5. Confessions of a Plate Addict
    November 16, 2011 / 4:03 pm

Wow! What a perfect little town! It looks like a movie set! Happy week!…hugs…Debbie

6. Kim
    November 16, 2011 / 8:27 pm

Can I just move there right now? Looks straight out of a Hallmark Movie! Thanks for sharing.xoxo,Kim

7. Jo's This and That
    November 16, 2011 / 10:30 pm

Love your town! Thanks for sharing!

8. Carolyn@SweetChaos
    November 17, 2011 / 2:42 am

I used to vacation in Vermont as a kid. Haven't been there in years, so I really enjoyed your photos. Beautiful homes!!

9. Teresa@oursoutherncountryhomeandfarm
    November 19, 2011 / 1:44 am

Wow, wow, and wow!!! It is a dream of mine to visit New England and surrounding area's some day. I could only imagine living in a town as beautiful as this. LOVE these old homes. Thanks for sharing such beauty.

10. linda
    November 19, 2011 / 5:35 pm

Unreal-we are staying in woodstock at the woodstock inn for Christmas-I love it there-need to feature the covered bridge next time.

11. Calypso In The Country
    November 20, 2011 / 6:33 pm

Linda – since I see you don't have a blog, please come back and comment on how your stay at the Woodstock Inn was! I am dying to hear about that place! Have a wonderful time!-Shelley

12. Dawna
    November 22, 2011 / 2:30 am

WOW! Now those are some beautiful houses!! Just my style,,,I think I want to move there too!

13. Betsy
    May 18, 2013 / 2:06 am

I love small towns like this and would love to visit in the near future.betsy

14. Paula@SweetPea
    March 30, 2014 / 11:28 pm

Woodstock is our happy place. The Woodstock Inn is our number one favorite place to stay in the world. I hope you get to go back to Woodstock and stay there.