A Country Thanksgiving for Four

We host Thanksgiving at our house every year.  Since we have a large family, we usually end up with 20 – 25 guests….Not exactly easy to set the table for that many people!

We end up using extensions, card tables added to the end extra (mismatched) chairs and of course the kitchen table for the kids.  So needless to say, my Thanksgiving table never turns out to be the table of my dreams.  So today, I imagined that there were just four of us for dinner.

Here is one scenario of what the table could look like…
Sunflower arrangement for centerpiece - Thanksgiving Table Setting

Since, I love sunflowers for fall, I used them for my centerpiece.

Thanksgiving for Four in the Dining Room

I pulled the head chairs away but if I were really doing the table for four, I think I would take the leaf out instead.

Thanksgiving Table Setting

Thanksgiving place setting

The napkins were from Pottery Barn this year.  I think I got them on sale and could only get four, hence the four place settings.

Thanksgiving Table with faux white pumpkins

I used white pumpkins everywhere this year.

Originally, I had planned to modge-podge them but never really got around to it.

Thanksgiving Table with golden damask runner

The runner is also from Pottery Barn last year.

You might notice it is a little wrinkled in spots…ooops.  In my dream-world I do not iron….Actually, I kind of shrunk it in the wash.

Oh and yes, after I put everything away and looked at my pictures  I realized my placemats overlap the table runner.

This “dream” has turned into a nightmare!  LOL!  Oh well!

Thanksgiving table with pine cones and amber glasses

These wine glasses are from Southern Living at Home several years ago.  They always work well in my fall tablescapes.

Thanksgiving Table in Red Dining Room

Yes, once again I decided to take my pictures on a cloudy day.

Will I ever learn?

Table for Four - Thanksgiving in the country

Thanks for stopping by my table for four.

How many people do you have for Thanksgiving?

PinterestInstagram / Facebook / Twitter

A Country Thanksgiving Table Setting - Ideas to make your table warm and inviting for the holiday.

Linking to:

Between Naps on the Porch – Tablescape Thursday, Kristens Creations- Share Your Creations Party,  At the Picket Fence – Inspiration Friday,  No Minimalist Here – Open House Party, Chic on a Shoestring Decorating – Flaunt it Friday, Serenity Now – Weekend Bloggy Reading Link Up, French Country Cottage – Feathered Nest Friday,  Dittle Dattle – Amaze Me Monday,  A Stroll Thru Life – Table Top Tuesday

1. Sand and Shells
    November 17, 2011 / 8:45 pm

A very festive Thanksgiving table… love the colors!! …and the napkins!!!

2. Kim @ Savvy Southern Style
    November 17, 2011 / 8:45 pm

Very pretty even if it is only imaginary. Pretty dining room.

3. Shelia
    November 17, 2011 / 9:57 pm

Love seeing your pretty imaginary Thanksgiving table! 🙂 Your dining room is so beautiful!Be a sweetie,Shelia 😉

4. Jo's This and That
    November 18, 2011 / 1:31 am

Beautiful table!Love the colors!

5. Ginger Zuck
    November 18, 2011 / 1:46 am

Beautiful, I love the centerpiece! Stunning.

6. Robin
    November 18, 2011 / 4:18 am

Hi from a former Jersey Girl. Your Dining Room is lovely, very classic. I used to have 20 people for Thanksgiving and this year I will only have 4 (since we moved). I'd trade the big crowd for my beautiful, uncluttered table every time! You set a great table, flaws and all!RobinRobin Flies South

7. At The Picket Fence
    November 19, 2011 / 12:16 am

It looks so lovely and I have an almost identical runner on my dining room table right now! I think it will be just as beautiful all filled up with your loved ones too. 🙂 Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Inspiration Friday this week!Vanessa

8. Teresa@oursoutherncountryhomeandfarm
    November 19, 2011 / 1:49 am

Your Thanksgiving table for four is beautiful. Is that checked drapes I see in the back ground???? Your very fortunate to spend the holidays surrounded by so many that love you. Happy Thanksgiving from Mississippi 🙂

9. Anonymous
    November 19, 2011 / 2:14 am

Stunning table setting!I really love sunflowers. You have a great imagination ;)Rosemary…

10. June Scott
    November 19, 2011 / 2:28 am

Love those amber glasses! Lovely job on your for four tablescape!

11. Linda at Sand and Sea
    November 19, 2011 / 3:17 am

Perfect!!!Happy Thanksgiving!LindaSand and Sea

12. Val
    November 19, 2011 / 3:45 pm

What a beautiful table.

13. Diane
    November 20, 2011 / 12:56 pm

Your dining table setting is absolutely beautiful. Love, love your diningroom and the checked curtains. Diane

14. Alycia Nichols
    November 21, 2011 / 1:14 am

We are hosting about 25 again this year per usual. I know what you mean about having a hard time setting the table of your dreams that everyone can comfortably sit at together. I end up always having to break it up into 10s and 12s. Oh, well…at least we're eating! 🙂 Glad you set a dream table for yourself. We need that every once in awhile. The goblets from Southern Living at Home are beautiful. I remember when I first found out about them. I was so excited!!! They had a little thing going on at the local Dillard's or Nordstrom's or one of those stores, and my friend and I hightailed it down there to see all the pretty things. Ended up spending a small fortune. Love your PB napkins. Sorry you could only find 4, but who knows…maybe a few more will pop into your life! I hope you have a happy and safe Thanksgiving week!

15. Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee)
    November 22, 2011 / 1:17 am

Beautiful Thanksgiving table! What a great job! Thanks for sharing.Hope to see you on my blog:)

16. Martha
    November 22, 2011 / 1:30 am

A very pretty table — and I like sitting two by two! I often do that in the dining room.

17. Elaine
    November 22, 2011 / 5:29 am

You are so cute! I find myself pointing out all the flaws in my tablescapes, too! Your dream table setting for four is just lovely. I love those napkins, and the basket of sunflowers is a perfect centerpiece. I'm sure your guests will love your "real" table, too!Elaine (former Jersey girl)Creating Wonderful Spaces

18. marty (A Stroll Thru Life)
    November 22, 2011 / 8:04 pm

I love your tablescape, it is really beautiful. The runner is such a pretty color and the pumpkins are perfect in the centerpiece. Great tablesettings. Thanks so much for joining TTT and I hope you have a very Blessed Thanksgiving. Hugs, Marty

19. Kathryn Ferguson Griffin
    October 20, 2013 / 6:49 pm

Hi Shelley! What is the silverware place setting used in these pictures? I love it! Thanks, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

• Calypso In The Country
      October 20, 2013 / 8:44 pm

Thanks! It's International Silver – Joan of Arc.