Guest Bathroom Reveal – Photos of Before and After

Well, it’s finally time for my guest bathroom reveal!  Yes, I’m finished…for now that is!  If you are following along, you might remember how we recently replaced the tile in our downstairs bathroom and laundry room.  Since one thing always seems to lead to another, I added a few more projects to update the guest bathroom…

Guest Bathroom BEFORE:

Here is what the bathroom looked like before we did anything.  The tile was white and the grout always looked dirty.

Guest Bathroom BEFORE Photos:

I was not happy with the beige colored toilet that always got clogged.

Guest Bathroom BEFORE Photos:

Oh, and take notice of the oak cabinets….(Yes, this is an old shot with a different rug).  While the guys replaced our tile, I decided to refinish the cabinets …what a project.  You can read all about the fun details ,but for now lets take a look…

Guest Bathroom Makeover IN PROGRESS:

As you would imagine, the demolition was quite a mess!

Bathroom Makeover IN PROGRESS:

As the new toilet went in, I realized I needed to paint behind it.  Just another project…By the way, the paint color in here is Benjamin Moore Saybrook Sage in case you were wondering…

Bathroom Cabinet Makeover IN PROGRESS:

Not surprising…the cabinets took awhile.

Guest Bathroom Reveal – The BIG AFTER:

But it was worth the wait in the end!

Guest Bathroom Reveal Photos – AFTER:

The new white toilet.

Guest Bathroom Vanity – AFTER:

Another view of the cabinets.

Guest Bathroom Ideas – AFTER:

Ah, finally done!

Here is a recap of the bathroom transformation:

Guest Bathroom Remodel – BEFORE:

Guest Bathroom Makeover – AFTER:

Of course, I’m still tweaking a few of the accessories.  For instance, my neighbor told me I should change the wicker accents and the picture frame that matched the old cabinets.  Since, I kind of like the natural textures mixed in, I probably won’t listen. What do you think?

If you are looking for more ways to update a bathroom on a budget, hop over to see my latest boys’ bathroom reveal.

Do you have a guest bathroom that needs updating?

1. Teresa
    April 21, 2011 / 12:44 am

Excellent job! I love the cabinets painted, it just lightens up the whole room. It has a soft fresh look about it.

2. Orange it Lovely
    April 21, 2011 / 1:37 am

so so pretty! I love it! The floors look amazing.. Tana

3. Linda@Coastal Charm
    April 21, 2011 / 1:58 am

Looking good…love the WHITE!!!Blessings,Linda

4. Heather
    April 21, 2011 / 2:34 am

This turned out great! The painted cabinets look so fresh and clean.

5. DecorandtheDog
    April 21, 2011 / 2:34 am

Great job!! I love the color of your bathroom!

6. Cindy
    April 21, 2011 / 2:36 am

Beautiful changes! I really like them! Painting your cabinet white and changing out the fixtures updated it dramatically! If you like the natural accents, by all means keep them. If you want a more modern, cottage look, then white would look really pretty. Whatever you like and enjoy looking at is the right thing for you to have, in my humble opinion:)Hugs, Cindy

7. A Delightful Design
    April 21, 2011 / 3:12 am

You know me 🙂 I LOVE the wider margins! Seriously though–GREAT JOB! Your bathroom looks fabulous. I disagree with your neighbor and love the contrast of the natural elements with the white. Isn't it amazing what a difference each detail makes? Be proud!

8. Shellbelle
    April 21, 2011 / 2:53 pm

What a great re-do! I also like the wicker accents, they really stand out more than they did before.As for the bigger pics? Definitely! I wish everyone would do this, some pics are so darn small and I don't want to click on every single one to see them. Makes for much more enjoyable reading. Kudos!

9. Red Door Home
    April 21, 2011 / 9:50 pm

Tremendous job on your bathroom redo. Painting the cabinet and changing out the toilet made such a big difference. Love it!

10. Laura Ingalls Gunn
    April 22, 2011 / 1:55 pm

Perfect pictures. I love the wicker accents. Perhaps paint the frame?Happy Easter!

11. Carrie @ Hazardous Design
    April 22, 2011 / 1:58 pm

Looks amazing! The painted cabinets and new floor make such a difference.

12. Sherry @ No Minimalist Here
    April 22, 2011 / 9:10 pm

It is a wonderful transformation! The cabinets and new tile are perfect. I like the wicker pieces and would leave them. Thank you for sharing your pretty bathroom at my party. Hugs,Sherry

13. Janna Renee
    April 26, 2011 / 5:20 am

I think your bathroom turned out amazing and that your margins are perfect size! Thanks for sharing!

14. CalypsoInTheCountry
    April 27, 2011 / 1:35 am

Thank you so much everyone! I am a little behind today since it was the first day back to school for my kids. I tried to get a million things done! I will try to visit each of your blogs tonight and tomorrow!Shelley

15. The Blair's
    July 8, 2012 / 8:31 pm

Your bathroom looks great! We have been working on ours and can't seem to find the color of paint I have been looking for! What is the name of the paint color you used? It looks like the color I have been searching for but the samples never turn out the way I thought they would!