Guest Bathroom Reveal – The Big Before and After

I am finally done with my guest bathroom…for now that is!  As you might remember, a couple weeks ago we replaced the tile in this downstairs bathroom and laundry room.  I waited to post the pictures of the bathroom because I got a little ambitious and added a few more projects…

BEFORE:

Here is what the bathroom looked like before we did anything.  The tile was white and the grout always looked dirty.

BEFORE:

I was not happy with the beige colored toilet that always got clogged.

BEFORE:

Oh, and take notice of the oak cabinets….(Yes, this is an old shot with a different rug).  I decided to refinish the cabinets while the guys worked on the tile. What a project.  You can read all about the fun details ,but for now lets take a look…

IN PROGRESS:

The demolition, what a mess!

IN PROGRESS:

As the new toilet went in, I realized I needed to paint behind it.  Just another project…By the way, the paint color in here is Benjamin Moore Saybrook Sage in case you were wondering…

IN PROGRESS:

The cabinets took awhile.

AFTER:

But it was worth the wait in the end!

AFTER:

The new white toilet.

AFTER:

Another view of the cabinets.

AFTER:

Ah, finally done!

Here is a recap of the bathroom transformation:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

My neighbor told me I should change the wicker accents and the picture frame that matched the old cabinets.  I kind of like the natural textures mixed in. What do you think?

1. Teresa
    April 21, 2011 / 12:44 am

Excellent job! I love the cabinets painted, it just lightens up the whole room. It has a soft fresh look about it.

2. Orange it Lovely
    April 21, 2011 / 1:37 am

so so pretty! I love it! The floors look amazing.. Tana

3. Linda@Coastal Charm
    April 21, 2011 / 1:58 am

Looking good…love the WHITE!!!Blessings,Linda

4. Heather
    April 21, 2011 / 2:34 am

This turned out great! The painted cabinets look so fresh and clean.

5. DecorandtheDog
    April 21, 2011 / 2:34 am

Great job!! I love the color of your bathroom!

6. Cindy
    April 21, 2011 / 2:36 am

Beautiful changes! I really like them! Painting your cabinet white and changing out the fixtures updated it dramatically! If you like the natural accents, by all means keep them. If you want a more modern, cottage look, then white would look really pretty. Whatever you like and enjoy looking at is the right thing for you to have, in my humble opinion:)Hugs, Cindy

7. A Delightful Design
    April 21, 2011 / 3:12 am

You know me 🙂 I LOVE the wider margins! Seriously though–GREAT JOB! Your bathroom looks fabulous. I disagree with your neighbor and love the contrast of the natural elements with the white. Isn't it amazing what a difference each detail makes? Be proud!

8. Shellbelle
    April 21, 2011 / 2:53 pm

What a great re-do! I also like the wicker accents, they really stand out more than they did before.As for the bigger pics? Definitely! I wish everyone would do this, some pics are so darn small and I don't want to click on every single one to see them. Makes for much more enjoyable reading. Kudos!

9. Red Door Home
    April 21, 2011 / 9:50 pm

Tremendous job on your bathroom redo. Painting the cabinet and changing out the toilet made such a big difference. Love it!

10. Laura Ingalls Gunn
    April 22, 2011 / 1:55 pm

Perfect pictures. I love the wicker accents. Perhaps paint the frame?Happy Easter!

11. Carrie @ Hazardous Design
    April 22, 2011 / 1:58 pm

Looks amazing! The painted cabinets and new floor make such a difference.

12. Sherry @ No Minimalist Here
    April 22, 2011 / 9:10 pm

It is a wonderful transformation! The cabinets and new tile are perfect. I like the wicker pieces and would leave them. Thank you for sharing your pretty bathroom at my party. Hugs,Sherry

13. Janna Renee
    April 26, 2011 / 5:20 am

I think your bathroom turned out amazing and that your margins are perfect size! Thanks for sharing!

14. CalypsoInTheCountry
    April 27, 2011 / 1:35 am

Thank you so much everyone! I am a little behind today since it was the first day back to school for my kids. I tried to get a million things done! I will try to visit each of your blogs tonight and tomorrow!Shelley

15. The Blair's
    July 8, 2012 / 8:31 pm

Your bathroom looks great! We have been working on ours and can't seem to find the color of paint I have been looking for! What is the name of the paint color you used? It looks like the color I have been searching for but the samples never turn out the way I thought they would!