End of Winter Table Setting

The snow is melting!

The temperatures are expected to reach 60 degrees here on Friday!

Here is one last tables setting using subtle winter colors.

End of Winter Tablescape

Goodbye pinecones…

Goodbye scarf…

Goodbye sun that sets too early…

Soon these browns will be traded in for bright pinks!

Spring is only a month away!

Hopefully, my next tablescape will be full of color!

Are you done with winter?

1. Pam - diy Design Fanatic
    February 17, 2011 / 3:06 am

Very nice! I really like your centerpiece! Good weather coming here too…it's going to be 75 here on Friday after really cold weather! Problem is, I'll be in Chicago where it will be in the 40's 🙁

2. Alycia Nichols
    February 17, 2011 / 3:12 am

I'd love to see your browns paired with your bright pinks!!! Hey…every time I come to your blog, I try to avert my eyes to I don't catch any of your side section. Why? Because every time I do, my eyes go straight to the words "pina colada", and then I want one!!! I am seriously sitting here considering a little trip to the grocery store for some fresh pineapple to make one! Doggone it!!! I'll have to change out of my pajamas! Oh, well! 😉 Thanks for stopping by my blog this evening. I appreciate it! Have a wonderful week!

3. Dining Delight
    February 17, 2011 / 3:33 am

It will be quite awhile before we can say bye to winter in our neck of the woods but I sure enjoyed seeing yours farewell! Love the green of the topiaries with the browns on your table! Your dishes are really pretty too.DD

4. Entertaining Women
    February 17, 2011 / 5:48 am

You've skillfully created a perfect transitional tablescape that calls to mind the dusk of winter and gives rise to hopes for the dawn of spring. Perfect choices for your room and that marvelous light kissing the table. Thank you for sharing your beautiful design and for stopping by my post. Cherry Kay

5. Coastalpines
    February 17, 2011 / 12:37 pm

I think everyone has spring fever! I love your winter tablescape, especially the plates, chargers and the nice touch the pinecones add. I'm looking forward to seeing the pinks…By the way they are saying 60's maybe 70's for us, we earned it!

6. Marlis
    February 17, 2011 / 2:17 pm

A very lovely table! I love those dishes and so wish I had gotten them. The nito chargers set the perfect mood. I used pinecones too this week.. how funny. thanks for dropping in and leaving your kind comments.

7. Tricia
    February 17, 2011 / 3:06 pm

Shelley, this is such an appealing table! I love the serene color scheme — the plates are just lovely, too. And I thoroughly second the "Goodbye to Winter"! Thank you for your kind comments on my table this week!

8. Donnie
    February 17, 2011 / 3:47 pm

That is really pretty and I love the simplicity.

9. Diann
    February 17, 2011 / 5:54 pm

Your table so clean and pretty!

10. kinga @ blueloom
    February 17, 2011 / 11:40 pm

Hey ShelleyVery nice! Can't wait for your spring design. We are also enjoying super mild temperatures right now, just in time for our Family Day long weekend.Kinga

11. Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking
    February 17, 2011 / 11:57 pm

Your tablescape is beautiful! I really like the colors that you used. I really like your blog and have had a great time reading over your posts!

12. Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
    February 18, 2011 / 3:10 pm

Love your table, it's gorgeous!!!Thanks for your comment, you could also think about a stencil on the wall….that can always have a great impact :)XOKristin

13. Marigene
    February 19, 2011 / 1:35 am

Shelley, ♥♥♥ your table…the plates are gorgeous…what is the pattern?

14. CalypsoInTheCountry
    February 19, 2011 / 2:10 pm

Thanks for all your wonderful comments! And thanks to Marigene, I realized I never listed the sources of my dishes etc…Dishes: Royal Doulton – Provence NoirChargers: Pier OneWire basket: Can't remember (long time ago)Wine glasses: Pier One Flatware: Rosanne by Retroneu (discontintued from Crate & Barrel about 10 years ago)Scarf "runner": Ralph LaurenTwig balls: I think Pier One a while agoTopiaries: Ballard (long time ago)Candlesticks: Pier OnePlacemats: Pier 1 One (long time ago)Tealight holders: Southern Living at HomeI hope that helps! Have a great weekend everyone!Shelley

15. Penny @ The Comforts of Home/Lavender Hill Studio
    February 20, 2011 / 6:25 pm

A most beautiful way to say so long to winter!