Trees and Topiaries Tablescape

Here is a quick Christmas-at-the-Counter tablescape….

Why the counter, you ask?…Well I only have four of these Christmas plates so I couldn’t do a full table – plus I am supposed to be Christmas shopping today.

Instead, I am playing around on the computer!

I know it is not proper etiquette to put the forks on top of the napkin but there is not much space on the counter and I didn’t want to cover up the Christmas tree!

Oops, it looks like the one place mat is falling off…Don’t you love it when your realize these things after you import the pictures!

See the other two plates on the wall to the right?

Sure makes it look like I have an abundance of these plates.

(Good thing you can’t see the other empty plate rack in this shot!)

I am linking up to A Stroll Thru Life Table Top Tuesday!

And I am linking to Tablescape Thursday at Susan’s Between Naps on the Porch.

Thanks to you both for hosting and Merry Christmas everyone!

Sources:

Plates:  Johnson Bros Old Britain Castles from Marshals a year or two ago

Chargers:  Michael’s

Placemats:  Linen’s and Things (many years ago)

Topiaries:  I think from Linen’s and Things many years ago

Stainless flatware:  Roseanne from Retroneu – Crate and Barrel discontinued

Crystal bowl:  Wedding gift 12 years ago

1. marty (A Stroll Thru Life)
    December 22, 2010 / 12:37 am

Oh I love it. Such a pretty tablescape. Love your dishes and the topiaries and greenery are just so pretty. Such a welcoming spot to sit and enjoy a bite. Thanks so much for joining TTT. I hope you have a very Blessed Christmas. Hugs, Marty

2. Arianna Belle {Organized Interiors}
    December 22, 2010 / 2:17 am

Very pretty! Love all the little details like the gold bows on the glasses 🙂

3. Shorely Chic
    December 22, 2010 / 4:06 am

so pretty! I love your topiaries!

4. A Delightful Design
    December 23, 2010 / 3:41 am

I've never seen a topiary I didn't like! Great tablescape.I sent you an email (a reply)asking for permission to feature your table but it sounds like you didn't get it. Using a scarf as a runner was genius and I'm looking all over town for 3 in the right pink! xo,abby

5. Linda@Coastal Charm
    December 23, 2010 / 3:05 pm

What a pretty tablescape…now that placemat looks fine. Wishing you and your family a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!Blessings,Linda

6. Donnie
    December 23, 2010 / 9:41 pm

I love the look of dinner at the counter. We would have to do dinner in the recliner…lol….Hope you have a Merry Christmas.

7. Rene
    December 24, 2010 / 12:02 am

Very nice! I love a topiary and yours are beautiful!-Rene

8. Anonymous
    December 24, 2010 / 3:54 am

Hi SHell! My family and close friends call me Shell, too. Funny how a nickname will stick with you. I go by Michelle in blogland. Your tablescape is very pretty! Great topiaries!Merry Christmas!~Michelle

9. becky at abbeystyle
    December 24, 2010 / 11:42 am

Thanks for stopping by my "beachsnaps" blog…just saw your comment that got put in "comment moderation" and published it. So glad you like my beachy Christmas guest house!I TOTALLY love your blog header! It sends me through the roof!Have a merry and happy Christmas!Becky (at beachsnaps.blogspot.com)